• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j-dub

@zdog720, Those lights should work with the NWM because they replace the pole, you may see them on road x nwm avenue intersections, but usually avenue x avenue nwm interesctions, especially 5 lanes and up, have the extended straight arm signal poles overhanging the crossroads.

Tarkus

Quote from: Dexist on June 11, 2010, 08:00:23 AM
are there coming turning lanes for this mave-6 intersection? that would be pure awesome  ;D

There will eventually be some TuLEPs designed for the MAVE-4 and 6.

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on June 11, 2010, 08:27:01 AM
I think it'd be called an ARD 5. I tried that once and that's what came to mind.

. . .

Just don't create a street intersection with it; It won't look good... Believe me, I tried...

I think I may have internally called it MAVE-5 in the RUL entries.  It was actually a sorta-partially-intentional feature, though not advertised.  However, I'm considering putting an actual, proper starter piece for it in Version 2, and will probably redo the MAVE-6 intersections with the Maxis networks so they'll line up better to allow that.  There are plans for more asymmetrical networks down the road as well--it'll probably be a Version 3 thing. 

Quote from: itfitzme on June 11, 2010, 10:03:21 AM
What I want is the widest possible avenue with cross street interface to all other network types, end transitions to other road and avenue types, and curves.  The MAVE-6 has the largest capacity, I suppose, but doesn't support curves. 
. . .
So, given the choice, I'd rather fewer road and avenue options with maximum inter-connectivity than have alot of road and ave options with limited inter-connectivity.

All the networks are intended to eventually go diagonal and be able to curve.  We weren't able to get the diagonals for dual-tile networks in place for Version 1, though, as it's rather difficult coding to do that and the logistics of tile consumption still needed to be worked out to some extent.  What we have right now is simply an initial release . . . a rather large one, but still, an initial one.

The way the coding works on these various networks, there's a lot of crossover between them, so once one's got certain features in place, it means it can be rather quickly copied over to the others, so really, there's no reason to choose between more networks vs. more connectivity.

-Alex

monkeysown92

so i need some help with this. im kind of new to this stuff but i installed nam and nwm but i cant find any of the puzzle pieces that are included in them. any ideas what im doing wrong?

Tarkus

Quote from: monkeysown92 on June 11, 2010, 11:52:39 AM
so i need some help with this. im kind of new to this stuff but i installed nam and nwm but i cant find any of the puzzle pieces that are included in them. any ideas what im doing wrong?

First off, welcome to SC4D! 

If you have the NAM and NWM installed, there should be a series of buttons for puzzle pieces under the Roads menu.  If they're not there, there's likely some sort of conflicting plugin sitting in your plugins folder that's preventing them from showing up.

-Alex

monkeysown92

Quote from: Tarkus on June 11, 2010, 11:55:00 AM
First off, welcome to SC4D! 

If you have the NAM and NWM installed, there should be a series of buttons for puzzle pieces under the Roads menu.  If they're not there, there's likely some sort of conflicting plugin sitting in your plugins folder that's preventing them from showing up.

-Alex

crap. well just to make sure where do the NAM and NWM files install to? i dont see them in my plugins folder

Tarkus

They should be in Plugins\Network Addon Mod.  There should be a Network Widening Mod folder inside that folder for the NWM. 

Edit: I should add, that's going to be the Plugins folder in your My Documents\SimCity 4 folder, not Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4.

-Alex

monkeysown92

thanks tarkus. yea i realized that. i installed it again to the plugins folder and it works now.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Tarkus on June 11, 2010, 11:21:38 AM
There are plans for more asymmetrical networks down the road as well--it'll probably be a Version 3 thing. 

... Like asymmetrical TLAs...? I was gonna ask about that but didn't have anything to show for as an example... Though I did in fact see one in real life... :-[
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

zdog720

Yeah the avenue intersections have the right stoplights before u add the NWM turning lanes and intersection piece to the actual intersection. for example:

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/3394/75140400.png
I was wondering if these same stoplights( with streetlight attached) can replace the the stoplights on the puzzle piece intersection of the NWM intersection piece

to replaced these ones below after the turning lanes and intersection are added:

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/8600/40766246.png
because these stoplights automatically override the intersection I was wondering can these stoplights also be edited to have the streetlight attached to the arm as well, to be a stoplight/streetlight combo?

Tarkus

Quote from: zdog720 on June 11, 2010, 04:01:39 PM
Yeah the avenue intersections have the right stoplights before u add the NWM turning lanes and intersection piece to the actual intersection. for example:

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/3394/75140400.png
I was wondering if these same stoplights( with streetlight attached) can replace the the stoplights on the puzzle piece intersection of the NWM intersection piece

to replaced these ones below after the turning lanes and intersection are added:

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/8600/40766246.png
because these stoplights automatically override the intersection I was wondering can these stoplights also be edited to have the streetlight attached to the arm as well, to be a stoplight/streetlight combo?

Actually, the signal poles in the pic you're referring to are out of Heblem's HD signal mod on the STEX, found here.  They are designed to work on the TuLEPs, NWM, etc. and replace the mast arm assemblies on the default T21s.  If you have the mod installed and you're still seeing the Maxis defaults, then you have the mod installed improperly.  I've not used the mod myself, but I would imagine it would need to load after your NAM installation in order to function fully.

Edit: Oh, and jdenm8, you'll be happy to know that I think I have that issue you reported with the ARD-3/ARD-3 T-Intersection fixed.  It was actually a RUL issue, not a pathing issue.  The fix is going into the next public controller, which will be released concurrently with NWM 1.0.3 and RHW 4.0.5.

-Alex

zdog720

sitejunction

I am having a problem with NWM seems as if MAVE-6  intersects any network one side seems to convert into ARD-3, it is the same side no matter how i drag it or how it is rotated ()what() http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/5379/manorcityjan54812763978.png Is there a bugfix out or an upcoming bugfix for this problem?

Tarkus

Quote from: sitejunction on June 13, 2010, 07:43:31 AM
I am having a problem with NWM seems as if MAVE-6  intersects any network one side seems to convert into ARD-3, it is the same side no matter how i drag it or how it is rotated ()what() http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/5379/manorcityjan54812763978.png Is there a bugfix out or an upcoming bugfix for this problem?

That's because you built the intersection very close to the starter.  Try bulldozing the starter and rebuilding and see if that helps.

-Alex

sitejunction

Well thanks for the help. Keep up the good work on NWM and other mods

Cracks

I love the NWM, so much, I decided to help make it better (if it can get better);D

I just thought I would stop by here, after all I am attempting something for MAVE-4, roads, streets, OWR-2 (future) and OWR-3 (present).

For more pictures... if you want them

However I am incompetent with DAT-ing, and I know that the bike symbols will have to be turned into T-21s as will the arrows. Apparently text is a no-no so I'm not gonna put that in if that is true and if I make a final version.

Don't worry, after Larks I'm almost the next chat insomniac... you could call me the GMT insomniac XD
... that's not funny is it?

j-dub

Cool textures Cracks &apls

(now if only new pedestrian on bike animations could be allowed in by the game and added in)

Kitsune

Is there any plans for OWR-4 to a regular OWR-2 splitter?
~ NAM Team Member

Tarkus

Nice work, Cracks--interesting concept there. :)

Quote from: Kitsune on June 18, 2010, 03:00:51 PM
Is there any plans for OWR-4 to a regular OWR-2 splitter?

Yes, absolutely.

And on another note, for those who don't know, ErwinNegentig's YouTube channel, a very useful repository of SC4 video tutorials, has been restored.  And he's recently added a new one, an NWM guide, which I've now linked into the new Tutorials section of the sticky post:

http://www.youtube.com/v/B69td77x7cg

-Alex

MOREOPTIONS

`The vid's are great now can you show us how to cross The 6's-10's with over passes. even trying to split them into part n/s e/w     I have been trying to manage that for some time,  tunnelling is also troublesome unless i dig so deep that i get a good tunnel not using flups.. but am trying to go over and under..  in some parts of the world theres lanes the are over 6 each direction with them able to go over., and having passes over them...am I over looking something?  or is this one in the next nam. and have to wait.. if you need pic's i can surely arrange that for you... thank you.  God Bless.....   The rest is great. and looking forward to being able to beta test if anyone would like. i have a long vacation ahead of me and so much time. may even do some modd ing....  only have to teach my self to convert my cad's to use in here sc4.  Well  I said plenty.   thank you for reading...

MattyFo

Are there any Road Top mass transit's compatible with the NWM?? If not are any in development?

-Matt

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!