• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: kings_niners on May 31, 2011, 03:57:16 AM
Has there been any progress on the NWM going over the larger RHW's such as the RHW 8 or 10? Great work on everything guys and gals!

Right now, the NWM can't go over any networks, as there are no overpass pieces.  I'm not sure yet whether or not there will be in the next release.  There's been nothing done on that front so far, and it's been leaning toward the "no" side simply because of the sheer amount of stuff we have in the works already. We'll see, though. :)

Quote from: Uzil on May 31, 2011, 08:30:33 AM
Hey, i am the creator of the second video, and i can add subtitles if you want   :)
For the copyright, i can upload this video on dailymotion.

Excellent--and thank you for the great video, Uzil! :thumbsup:

-Alex

Uzil

ivo_su

Thanks for the second link, I finally managed to watch this video and liked it. Congratulations  to the  creator.

Ivo

Zack

Quote from: Tarkus on May 31, 2011, 10:20:15 AM
Right now, the NWM can't go over any networks, as there are no overpass pieces.  I'm not sure yet whether or not there will be in the next release.  There's been nothing done on that front so far, and it's been leaning toward the "no" side simply because of the sheer amount of stuff we have in the works already. We'll see, though. :)
-Alex
Are you planning on making diagonal version of the NWM because real roads of this type are curved and go in different direction and not just straight

MandelSoft

Yes, there will be diagonal versions of the two- and three-tile NWM networks. Only their diagonal intersection capabilities are limited.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

GMT

Quote from: Uzil on May 31, 2011, 08:30:33 AM
Hey, i am the creator of the second video, and i can add subtitles if you want   :)
For the copyright, i can upload this video on dailymotion.

this would be a great idea as i cant access any of the videos due to copyright

... really, it is. I swear.

GDO29Anagram

Yeah, so I just went to YouTube recently.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPBmx0RL7ts"></a>

DISCLAIMER: It's actually someone who managed to preserve some of his videos.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Tarkus

Great find, Ganaram--thanks for sharing (and for the amusing caption)! :thumbsup:  Hopefully this one will stay up.

(And congrats on graduating! :party:)

-Alex

j-dub

I suggest someone DL the videos via that third party site while their up for backup purposes, and without red flagged music just to be safe.

Wiimeiser

"Red flagged" music would be anything owned by Vevo or WMG, so unless you use music from games or original music it isn't really possible
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

jdenm8

Vevo don't own nothing, they're just an online distribution platform that's not even available outside North America throwing their weight around much like Viacom does.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Wiimeiser

But at least they legally have the right to. If they launched worldwide now, they'd lose something like $69,120,000.00 a day. That's like $800 a second. Probably not that extreme, but you get the idea.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

Alright, I think we've discussed YouTube copyright enough . . . ::)  Let's get back on topic. :)

Work on OxD intersections is progressing nicely.

-Alex

ivo_su

Super, it seems quite beautiful and most importantly  it will be useful.  Go on  Alex, we are with you. Now I can not wait  to get out  the new  NAM and everything  else I count the seconds  until  their release.

Ivo

Ramona Brie

Nice.

Is there an ARD-3 Lanes Shift piece to change the direction of the middle lane? I have been looking through my tab rings to no avail.

I have a road that is so ready for AVE-6. Right now it's two OWR-2s with a grassy median, but soon...

jdenm8

At the moment, there is no ARD-3 lane shift piece. I don't normally see roads go straight from one direction for the central lane to the other. A solution would be to convert to from ARD-3 to AVE-2, then from AVE-2 to the other ARD-3.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

The Dual Type A Transition that jondor did, which will be added to the TuLEPs Basic system as part of NAM Version 30, would fit the bill perfectly.

-Alex

jondor

Quote from: Tarkus on June 08, 2011, 06:11:43 PM
The Dual Type A Transition that jondor did, which will be added to the TuLEPs Basic system as part of NAM Version 30, would fit the bill perfectly.

-Alex

In one direction anyway.  It will allow 1 lane in each direction to divide into two, but it won't take care of the opposing situation where two lanes merge into one at the transition.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Opkl

Quote from: Tarkus on June 08, 2011, 06:11:43 PM

-Alex

Tarkus, in the next release will there be crosswalks for the TLA-5, and 7 intersections with streets? There is one for the MAVE-4, but not TLA-5. 

Tarkus

Quote from: Opkl on June 08, 2011, 09:53:24 PM
Tarkus, in the next release will there be crosswalks for the TLA-5, and 7 intersections with streets? There is one for the MAVE-4, but not TLA-5. 

Unlikely.  MAVE-4s tend to be more "urban" than "suburban", so the crosswalks make sense there . . . they make less sense on a TLA-5 and even less on the TLA-7, where you'd really want a signalized intersection to cross a road that wide.

-Alex