• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Also, for those who may be wondering, the puzzle piece transitions will also remain in place in NWM 2.0, mainly as there's a handful of transitions that haven't yet gotten the draggable treatment, mainly due to their footprint posing stability difficulties.

• TLA-3-to-AVE-2 Diagonal
  • TLA-3-to-ARD-3 Diagonal
  • AVE-2-to-ARD-3 Diagonal
  • AVE-2-to-AVE-4
  • OWR-3-to-OWR-5
  • AVE-4-to-AVE-6

Every other transition present in NWM 1.1 plus the new TLA-7/AVE-6 transition will be draggable in NWM 2.0.

While we're on the subject, here's the list of RHW/NWM transitions that are completed and will be included in NWM 2.0, all draggable:

• RHW-2-to-TLA-3
  • RHW-2-to-AVE-2
  • RHW-2-to-ARD-3
  • RHW-2-to-NMAVE-4
  • RHW-4-to-TLA-5
  • RHW-4-to-MAVE-4
  • RHW-6S-to-OWR-3
  • RHW-6S-to-MAVE-6
  • RHW-6C-to-TLA-7
  • RHW-6C-to-AVE-6

Adding those RHW transitions to the 27 listed at the end of the "secret weapon" video, that makes for a solid 35 draggable transitions.

-Alex

apeguy

Excellent. :) The RHW transitions will be especially useful when it comes to interchanges.

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

ivo_su

Already no one doubt that there remain a few days to a new release cycle NAM products. But I began to wonder what happens to the AVE-8 and TLA-9 that will be part of NWM 2.0 I saw pictures of someone they already exist and are relatively stable. For this I ask whether it is possible at an interval of a month or two after the onset of NWM 2.0 to be released and a small example a 2.1 version that includes these two networks (AVE-6 and TLA-9). It would be great we can handle them even if they do not have full support to the other networks even if they are able only to ortogonal intersections.

Best regards,
Ivo

Tarkus

They are relatively far along--as are the asymmetrical "hybrid" networks, the TLA-8 and AVE-7.  The main reason they aren't in NWM 2.0 was because there were just so many paths to get in place, that I figured it would be better to spend my energy on other aspects of the NWM for the time being, and come back to them later.

I have looked at the possibility of an "NWM Version 2.1", though we're not quite to the point of discussing future release cycles beyond the NAM Version 30/RHW Version 5.0/NWM Version 2.0.  Once we get those out, then we'll get down to business on that front. :)

-Alex

ivo_su

Quote from: Tarkus on August 15, 2011, 02:46:23 PM
They are relatively far along--as are the asymmetrical "hybrid" networks, the TLA-8 and AVE-7.  The main reason they aren't in NWM 2.0 was because there were just so many paths to get in place, that I figured it would be better to spend my energy on other aspects of the NWM for the time being, and come back to them later.

I have looked at the possibility of an "NWM Version 2.1", though we're not quite to the point of discussing future release cycles beyond the NAM Version 30/RHW Version 5.0/NWM Version 2.0.  Once we get those out, then we'll get down to business on that front. :)

-Alex

My question  was directed to see if there might be a new smaller version of NWM or will have a volume versich  which again will be a new release cycle to be consistent with other projects of the NAM.

Cheers,
Ivo

Kitsune

~ NAM Team Member

Sky Guy

I must say that this is brilliant. Its like you are reading my mind to what I need. :P

Cant wait for more.

Kalu Sabah- A fast growing dynamic Southeast Asian Country

Tarkus

Quote from: ivo_su on August 15, 2011, 03:00:56 PM
My question  was directed to see if there might be a new smaller version of NWM or will have a volume versich  which again will be a new release cycle to be consistent with other projects of the NAM.

It's certainly within the realm of possibility.  I think a lot of us on the NAM Team would like to go to a smaller/more frequent cycle, but logistically, we'd have to work things out and plan development out more.  The RHW and NWM did both have ".1" releases (4.1 and 1.1, respectively), so there's certainly a chance, though we've never made it past a ".2" (RHW 3.2, which by today's standards would be a ".1") before development snowballs to the point at which we end up with a long ".0" cycle. :D

Quote from: Kitsune on August 15, 2011, 04:07:44 PM
no 8s to owr-4 ? aww, I needed that piece.

Most likely not, though it's at the top of the list of stuff to add for the release after Version 2.0.

-Alex

sitejunction

I cant seem to get the mis in the right direction over the OWR-4. Will there be a fix for this.

jacksunny

Quote from: sitejunction on August 18, 2011, 09:45:40 AM

I cant seem to get the mis in the right direction over the OWR-4. Will there be a fix for this.
Have you tried rotating using the Home/End keys? You might also have to destroy a small section of OWR-4 for it to work.

Tarkus

Quote from: jacksunny on August 18, 2011, 10:22:59 AM
Quote from: sitejunction on August 18, 2011, 09:45:40 AM
Have you tried rotating using the Home/End keys? You might also have to destroy a small section of OWR-4 for it to work.

It's not a starter piece issue, so rotating pieces is not really relevant to the situation.  The problem appears to be a RUL2 override that's flipping the OWR-4 the wrong way.  It's probably a stability RUL issue caused by the situation in which the EMIS is next to the ERHW-4.  I'll take a look over it.  In the meanwhile, try clicking over it to see if it'll flip back the correct way.

-Alex

sitejunction

Thanks. I've tried clicking 2 or 3 tiles to the left of problem piece, It worked.

itsacoaster

Hi everyone. 

I was wondering if there were any plans for a OWR-3 -> OWR-1 + OWR-2 splitter, with the OWR-1 on the left hand side (in RHD countries).  Something like this would be great for making freeway service roads, like this one:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=dallas+tx&hl=en&ll=32.823055,-96.785297&spn=0.001422,0.00284&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=43.713406,93.076172&vpsrc=6&t=k&z=19

I see that there will definitely be a OWR-4 -> OWR-2 + OWR-2 splitter.  This will be wonderful once we see additional elevated RHW networks in the next release.

I also anxiously await the wider avenues.  My cities are in need of some big surface streets!

You guys do great work, thanks for all your effort in this project for us fans.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: itsacoaster on August 19, 2011, 07:11:44 PM
I was wondering if there were any plans for a OWR-3 -> OWR-1 + OWR-2 splitter, with the OWR-1 on the left hand side (in RHD countries).  Something like this would be great for making freeway service roads, like this one:

Right now, the only OWR splitter being incorporated into NWM v2 is the OWR-4 to dual OWR-2.

What you brought up, however, could use MIS Ramps that connect directly to OWR instead (Which would be more fitting and somewhat more compact, in my opinion). Frontage Road Ramps aren't currently planned, either, let alone created yet.

Quote from: itsacoaster on August 19, 2011, 07:11:44 PM
You guys do great work, thanks for all your effort in this project for us fans.

:)
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

dwelln8hss32

Not to interrupt the thread, but over in the SAM thread this summer, there was discussion about the idea (Alex?) of a stAVE-2, where street or SAM textures could supplant the road textures in the NWM. Someone also mentioned off-street (angled?) parking stripes or parked vehicle T21's. Us 19th century town platters really want to know... are we gonna have dirty avenues? Pipe dream or possibility?
All metropolitan dreams start somewhere... in the minds of many, in the feet of less, but in the hands and hearts of only few.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: dwelln8hss32 on August 30, 2011, 01:13:09 PM
Not to interrupt the thread, but over in the SAM thread this summer, there was discussion about the idea (Alex?) of a stAVE-2, where street or SAM textures could supplant the road textures in the NWM. Someone also mentioned off-street (angled?) parking stripes or parked vehicle T21's. Us 19th century town platters really want to know... are we gonna have dirty avenues? Pipe dream or possibility?

First of all, it wasn't even Alex who brought up the idea of a StAVE-2; It was Twyla, but myself and others dubbed it the StAVE-2. It would be an NWM addition to the Street network, just like one-way streets, but none of those are being planned anytime soon.

Additionally, "dirty AVEs" and parking T21s are aesthetic modifications that would naturally be out of the scope of the NAM itself. In other words, it's possible, but it won't be a part of the NAM's files, it would be a third-party plugin.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

dwelln8hss32

Thanks for the clarification, Ganaram. I didn't mean to reference the wrong individuals--Twyla had a great idea, and I like your name. :-[  I can see how "dirty AVEs" would be out of the NAM's scope, but it couldn't hurt to ask. I may need to do some serious digging on modding, as my creative directions evidently fall outside of this as well!  ;)

Best,

Jake
All metropolitan dreams start somewhere... in the minds of many, in the feet of less, but in the hands and hearts of only few.

ps2owner

Any chance of concrete texture variations for the wider NWM networks?
Around where I live, there is a major road that is the equivilent of an AVE-6 that is paved in concrete.
(State Street, Utah, It goes through several cities.)

Tarkus

We won't be "SAMing" the NWM to produce additional variants of the networks with different road surfaces, but concrete NWM textures as a texture replacement mod certainly aren't out of the question.

-Alex

itsacoaster

Quote from: Tarkus on August 30, 2011, 08:00:59 PM
We won't be "SAMing" the NWM to produce additional variants of the networks with different road surfaces

You mean there won't be a gravel TLA-5?  My hopes and dreams are crushed.  ::)