• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apeguy

Awesome! Along with the RHW, the NWM is the best NAM addon, and its just been made 100x better! ;D ;D

A big thanks to the entire NAM team. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Haljackey

To anyone who ever dreamed about building 3-tile wide roads in SC4, now you can. What's next, 4 tiles? :P

Amazing to hear NWM 2.0 is out. I always like it when the second version of a mod is out because its like building a tower on a firm base.

Great job guys.
-Ryan (Haljackey)

jdenm8

As some people have had trouble finding the new transitions, I've made a short video tutorial for DragTrans.

http://www.youtube.com//v/Fz8atMjbFmE

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

rooker1

Very impressive video and that is my favourite game song.  ;)

Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Great work on NWM 2.0!!! :thumbsup:
Also nice and useful video, jdenm8...

CityMaster563

How do I get the trees on the medians in the AVE 6?
Coastland Region: The SC4 Story:
http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/4478-coastland-region-the-sc4-
story/
The story of two major counties, Ashville and Coastland, battle out to have an individual city reach 1 million sims, but a major storm destroys one city, and a major. What will now happen?
Coming soon: SimCity 4, Full 3D Art (a museum tour)

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: CityMaster563 on September 16, 2011, 11:56:30 AM
How do I get the trees on the medians in the AVE 6?

If you've seen Tarkus's or my pictures of AVE-6's with trees in the middle, take note that those were T21 experiments. By default, the AVE-6 and AVE-2 has no trees in the median.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

vinlabsc3k

&bis& Allelujaaaaa!!! &bis&
&dance &dance  &dance &dance  &dance &dance

Please someone makes T21 for AVE-6!!

To all Mac user: OS X Lion doesn't support PowerPC Apps, so SimCity 4 doesn't run!!
There's a patch, but it's an open build and it's full of bugs.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Moonraker0

Wow, I have been playing around with the new networks in the NWM now and it's been a huge improvement to my city.  I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that the three major NAM mods had been updated.  Thanks, NAM team! &apls

Kitsune

can the nmave transition with any of the four lane dual tile networks? Also.. mm any plans for a nmave-8? As in 8 lanes on two tiles .....
~ NAM Team Member

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Kitsune on September 17, 2011, 04:23:41 PM
can the nmave transition with any of the four lane dual tile networks? Also.. mm any plans for a nmave-8? As in 8 lanes on two tiles .....

The NMAVE-4 currently can't transition to any other network other than Road (MAVE-2). Also, a two-tile MAVE-8 isn't being considered.
<INACTIVE>
-----

GMT

Either the 3 following transitions are missing or I am not able to drag them properly trying whatever option comes to mind:

RHW6C to AVE-6 only works when using AVE-6 as a "starter piece" for RHW-6C, the other way around AVE-6 turns into TLA-7

No OWR-3 to OWR-5 whatsoever
No MAVE-4 to Dual OWR-2 split

While the 1st one might be a matter of technique, I'm still wondering about the 2nd and 3rd because tarkus announced these prior to the release

EDIT: nevermind the latter 2, I guess I should learn how to read  "$Deal"$

... really, it is. I swear.

MandelSoft

1. This is true. You can only make a AVE-6 to RHW-6C transistion starting with an AVE-6. Personally I would like to have it the other way around.
2. I never heard of such a transistion.
3. Don't know if there is one there, but MAVE-4 to AVE-4 is draggable now, so you can use that as a workaround.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

GMT

as for the OWR3-OWR5 transition, I must correct myself, it was said to remain ploppable only, sorry.

The MAVE4-Dual OWR-2 split was my bad aswell, it says OWR4-Dual OWR2...

oh boy I guess I should get some sleep  :-[

... really, it is. I swear.

GDO29Anagram

Heh,... The lights line up perfectly.

It's my T21 experiment that I'm planning on releasing as a separate addon. Good idea?
<INACTIVE>
-----

j-dub

Why not? I may not pounce at it, but it looks Maxis consistent. In my reality though, if anything I am used to seeing lights in the middle and trees, but they may not spend that much money to cover the median with all those plants the way Maxis portrays the avenue.

However, this looks only like one zone type. Looking at the commercial, industrial zones, and different wealth levels rendering different props, no rush.

vinlabsc3k

For me, an alternate layout for the lamp posts is the best choice.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

noahclem

Looks great GDO29Anagram!  &apls  I agree with vinlabsc3k about alternating lights though.

GDO29Anagram

A couple notes for those who commented on my AVE-6 median exemplar:

- I'm only working on the median, so the lights on the side are actually what the NWM comes with, and are essential for the TLA-7. I wouldn't mess with that right now.
- I went with the Medium-Wealth props, because they're "wealth-neutral", akin to the grassy parts found on most TuLEP pieces.
- So far, positive feedback. :)
- I also have a non-light version of this planned. I also found another flora prop: The Med/High-Density Commercial Props. Once I find the IIDs for those, I'll try those out, because so far, I only have the medium-wealth residential props. Right now, I'll focus on just the residential flora.
- How about one where I just have the lights? &idea
- These are currently orthogonal-only. I've yet to find the diagonal lights, and there are no diagonal flora props, as far as I know.
<INACTIVE>
-----