• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallasey

Yeah they look good!

As far as lighting goes, I have found mrtnrln's models, particularly the most recent set to compliment the AVE6 well. Would some of these be able to be incorporated through some means?

Personally, the AVE 6 works really well for routes running into town through inner city areas....really creates a inter-urban feel!

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: wallasey on September 18, 2011, 02:51:58 PM
As far as lighting goes, I have found mrtnrln's models, particularly the most recent set to compliment the AVE6 well. Would some of these be able to be incorporated through some means?

One key thing to remember: It's theoretically possible to T21 any prop onto any network, even puzzle pieces. For my T21, I'm just using the Maxis props to retain the Maxis feel while also having it dependency-free. It doesn't mean that someone won't be able to make a different T21 using different props, or in your case, lights. (Aligning them is a different story...)
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

metarvo

I've noticed that the OWR-5 diagonals don't work, even though they were advertised in the Readme.  Whenever I drag out the OWR-5 using the method described in the Readme, it reverts to two OWR-2s immediately after the curve.  This is quite similar to the problem the RHW-8S dragabble diagonals had in RHW 4.0.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

ps2owner

Try dragging 2 OWRs in a row in a diagonal right next to each other, then connect it with the stater piece.

metarvo

Quote from: ps2owner on September 18, 2011, 05:35:45 PM
Try dragging 2 OWRs in a row in a diagonal right next to each other, then connect it with the stater piece.

I tried it that way, but no dice.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

Tarkus

Quote from: metarvo on September 18, 2011, 06:18:47 PM
I tried it that way, but no dice.

It's on a split tile setup (the one shown on the left) rather than the shared tile setup (as seen on the left, which is the method for constructing OWR-4 diagonals).  The only thing I could think of--are you by chance using the OWR Arrow Reduction Plugin from the NAM?  If so, it changes the IIDs for One-Way Road orthogonal and diagonal pieces, and there does not appear to be code in place to override the OWR ARP Diagonals for the OWR-5 diagonals.

-Alex

metarvo

Yes, I was using the ARP at the time.  I've removed it, and the diagonal OWR-5s work perfectly now.  Thanks!  :thumbsup:

CahosRahneVeloza

I'm not sure if somebody already reported this already but the AVE-6 & TLA-7 Networks don't like it when you make them the end of a T-Junction:

This also happens with one-way roads, streets & avenues. Haven't yet tried with interface with fellow NWM Networks yet, but will do in a few minutes.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: CahosRahneVeloza on September 18, 2011, 07:16:12 PM
I'm not sure if somebody already reported this already but the AVE-6 & TLA-7 Networks don't like it when you make them the end of a T-

That's because they're not supposed to, especially with two-lane networks. (Have you ever seen three lanes of traffic have to end at such a bottleneck? That's three lanes diverging off into two, so where does the third one go?)

And with the case with the AVE-4, an AVE-6 could theoretically end at a T with an AVE-4, but apparently it's not supported by the RULs.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Tarkus

Quote from: CahosRahneVeloza on September 18, 2011, 07:16:12 PM
This also happens with one-way roads, streets & avenues. Haven't yet tried with interface with fellow NWM Networks yet, but will do in a few minutes.

It won't work with any single-tile networks (see GDO29Anagram's comment above for the explanation, though theoretically, ARD-3, OWR-3 and NMAVE-4 could make sense), but dual-tile and triple-tile NWM networks will work in that situation.

-Alex

CahosRahneVeloza

@Tarkus & GDO29Anagram: I guess my citizens would kill me if I did make an intentional choke point like that  $%Grinno$%

Thanks for the explanation :)

kanedo

Beam me up Scotty!

Not sure what is going on here.. My sims have found a new method of transportation.. teleporting!! ()borg()
posting here cos it only happens with the MWM roads, using the standard medium transit simulator.. any ideas chaps?

Tarkus

That typically happens when the MAVE-6 network is being used.  From what our research has found thus far, it's more of a graphical oddity than an actual problem.  Your commuters, in all likelihood, are not actually "teleporting".

-Alex

kanedo

Thanks.. i figured it was just a graphic hiccup as nobody was quitting work or getting lost.. but i thoight i better post it anyhoo..   just looks confuzzling!

Anyways.. great job on all the recent projects  :thumbsup:

CahosRahneVeloza

Hey, I just realized that on jdenm8 & j-dub's NWM Tutorial videos their road sections both have Cul-de sacs at the roads' ends. Is that due to the NAM Cosmetic retexture mod for NAM29or is it from another cul-de sacs mod?

Tarkus

Quote from: CahosRahneVeloza on September 18, 2011, 09:54:58 PM
Hey, I just realized that on jdenm8 & j-dub's NWM Tutorial videos their road sections both have Cul-de sacs at the roads' ends. Is that due to the NAM Cosmetic retexture mod for NAM29or is it from another cul-de sacs mod?

That's the NAM Cosmetic Retexture Mod Cul-De-Sacs there in those videos.

-Alex

CahosRahneVeloza

Quote from: Tarkus on September 18, 2011, 10:09:08 PM
That's the NAM Cosmetic Retexture Mod Cul-De-Sacs there in those videos.

-Alex

Thanks Tarkus, I really thought with the newer NAM30 that mod would no longer be supported. I better re-install it then :)

Ramona Brie

I ran into the same issue with creating MAVE-4 diagonals. I should try the shared-tile setup next time.

Nanami

Is the NWM 2.0 work with Euro Road Texture mod that work for NWM v 1.1?

jdenm8

For the most part, yes.
All functionality that was present in NWM v1.1 will still show the euro textures.
The new content (Dual-Tile network curves and diagonals, triple tile networks, so on) however will not.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley