• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silur

Excuse me my poor English, David ...
I must support Your Family and You now, if I can ...
Nicks. 

Nardo69

No need to apologize, David.

Life can be really cruel, hard to stand if you're grownup, almost killing you if it hits the smallest!

My thoughts are with you and with Aidan!

Take care my friend!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Gringamuyloca

I add my voice to the chorus....

.... and we are singing in a beautiful harmony....

that reflects the soul of the person for whom we are singing....

Tamara

magee_b

David,

your contributions over the years have been outstanding. Please take the time you need and I look forward to your return down the road.

Cheers!

Brian

threestooges

We've all been there before David. Real life always comes first. Now to process this thing in triplicate and file a copy with the records office...
-Matt

Ryan B.

Quote from: threestooges on March 31, 2011, 04:28:39 PM

We've all been there before David. Real life always comes first. Now to process this thing in triplicate and file a copy with the records office...
-Matt

Matt, I didn't know that you held a Vogon passport.  What's next - is a bypass being built through my house?  :P

threestooges

Quote from: Ryan B. on April 01, 2011, 11:32:16 AM
Matt, I didn't know that you held a Vogon passport.  What's next - is a bypass being built through my house?  :P
Don't make me get out my poetry.

ldvger

Funny to see the references to Douglas Adams's "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" as I am currently re-reading the series. 

I think Matt can read us his poetry if he serves us all a couple of Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters beforehand!

BTW, for all you Douglas Adams fans, he created a PC game years ago titled "Starship Titanic", really quite funny and challenging to play, if you can find a copy (maybe on EBay?).

Lora/LD

nekseb

I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

Ryan B.

Truth be told, I saw the movie first.  I'll definitely be picking up the book & giving it a thorough read.

mayorfabz

Hello David,
We're all with you. I'm guessing most of us think of you and your family a little bit every day. At any rate I do. Take all the time you need, we know you'll be back at your best. Keep in mind that the answer to RL, the universe and everything is 42.
Best regards to you guys,

Fabien

girlfromverona

Absolutely no apology needed, David - even it is has been accepted by the authorities! :D

alicaponi

I feel like a traveller that has just undertaken an epic journey.... I've read every single post on this thread - finally.  It's taken me about three months but I've finally caught up.   And may I say, absolutely fantastic work.  Puts my regions to shame, the 3RR is just absolutely outstanding :)

calibanX

I've taken the last few months off from the SC4 community because I became a dad early in the winter. It kills me to see that picture of little Aidan. So innocent and unknowing of this world. I have a strong instinct to be protective. My prayers are with little Aidan and with you too David. God bless.

Your friend,

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

Rayden

Eagerly waiting for an update here.   :thumbsup:

How's the little one David?

abcvs

QuoteI don't want 3RR to turn into a quasi-blog about my family...

What is the most important thing in all the world?
It is people, it is people, it is people.

Well I just came in to do my semi-bi-annual catch-up in 3RR...   apparently my last post was on page 488.

I really must try to get in here more often as I see you have had some RL going on...   

QuoteThe really big thing going on in my life these days has been bringing my older adoptive son, Tristen, back to Alaska and getting him back into the real world after being institutionalized over most of the last five years.  It's been a pretty big task for Heather and me, and pretty much takes up all the spare time that I used to have to devote to 3RR.  Things are getting better though, and Tristen has made huge strides- he's adjusted well to a special needs classroom in a local school, he is having successful relationships with his peers and family, and he is starting to catch up on all the other socialization he has more or less missed out on since age 8.  There's lots of hope for him, but every day is a new 24/7 challenge.  In a year or so, too, we would like to think we'll be going through the same process with his brother Joshua, who still remains in Texas.  I feel terrible about the state of 3RR and my participation in the community, but Tristen and Joshua are job one- they have to be.

Well...  indeed...  I appreciate that this post was over 6 months ago...   I hope things are going ok there.

Quotewas that the silver paint was coming off the most highly used keyboard keys

I have a problem with my "B" key on my laptop the cover keeps popping off...  it think it is from too much bulldozing... 

QuoteJust when we thought everything was under control for a while, my 14 month old grandson Aidan was diagnosed with a cancerous (although there is still a small possibility of revisiting that) brain tumor.

... wow life really does throw 'the stuff' at us sometimes.

QuoteSo I doodled a bit today,

Well when RL is throwing 'the stuff' at us a little doodle in SC can indeed work wonders.

QuoteThis is the news from Gary, Aidan's dad, today.

(words are inadequate)

--------------------

OK so this post was constructed reading from page 488 to present...   hence that fact that it rambles a little.

Well...   all I can say is that perhaps the issues regarding the functional status of the keys on our laptops may not be so important afterall...

Kia Kaha (Be Strong)
Craig

dragonshardz

I hope to hear good news, or any type of news, soon, David.

Jespernilsson

Still here and waiting patiently for some good news regarding you family and perhaps even some good news regardin 3RR!

Regards from Sweden,
Jesper

dedgren

I would ask that any member of the 3RR Team that remains interested in doing a collaboration quad check in on the team's private thread over the next few days.

If you are not currently a member of the team and would like to become part of the effort, please let me know within that time frame.

Thank you to everyone who has posted, PMd and emailed during the recent hiatus.  More on that coming up.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Ryan B.

Friends, if you've ever seen the film Van Wilder, this scene describes my current feelings regarding 3RR:

Quote from: The Law ClubIt's ridiculous - it's preposterous - it's ludicrous - by God, it's impetuous!

So does that mean you're gonna help us?

Quote from: The Law ClubOh, it's on.

The Law Club has never been more correct . . . it's on like Donkey Kong.