• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Urland - a (mostly) rural Coastline

Started by Nardo69, March 24, 2007, 12:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nardo69

Hello to All!

No, I am not sick, no, this is not a quick reply, and yes, you do look right. This is the third (Mini) update within some days ...

royal from the SFBT just finished his first version of (West-) German electric light signals as they can be dound almost everywhere in West Germany on the railway lines of the former Deutsche Bundesbahn!

Before we start:

kwakelaar: Thanks for the compliment my friend. You somehow have been prophetic  ;)

bat: I am sure faster than you expected ...  ;)

sebes: Thanks for the compliment. About the catenaries: Yes and no. In Germany (and I am sure in the Netherlands, too) way more than 80% of the railway traffic running on electrified lines and the non-electrified ones are sometimes not even secondary anymore, but that changes, e.g. here in Turkey there are only a handful, most of the rr lines are still without catenaries ...

rooker1: Thanks for the compliment!

And my first trials look like this:
If you think you know these pcis somehow you are not completely wrong. I showed them before while I was shocasing the catenaries, now I am showing you the new railway signal ...

Approach Signal with approach signs - this time with the modern electric signals. The smal sign between the tracks is the approach sign for the ...

... small switch signal between the tracks next to the Entry Signal. In Germany RR use the right track, but in case the right track is blocked these switch signals allow the usage of the left tracks.

Same situation from the other side.

A railway station with exit signals. The Bundesbahn combined stop signals and switch signals. As a result these signal showed two red lights. The most modern signs have one single red line again.

Another RR station. 

Hope you liked these pics from the Beta testing!

Have Fun

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

freedo50

Hey Nardo, I don't post much here, but I have been watching  $%#Ninj2. I find that glitch with Buddybud's underpasses annoying too, but I have found that if you go into underground view mode and then switch back, the glitch goes away until you modify the surrounding transport networks (i.e. within about 6 tiles of the underpass). Hope that helps some ;)

Fred

Krio

I admire your railway skills, espically the second last picture looks awesome.

tooheys

Bernhard, you sure you haven't been drinking too much coffee, so many updates, so quickly  :D

But it is all good, and those rail pic's, well exceptional as always.

I see you got yourself another entry into the HOF. And if I remember rightly, you thought your time was over   ::).

You really do know how to frame a great pic, but more importantly, there is always something to learn when you visit Urland :thumbsup:

Cheers

Dave

bat

Great pictures of the electric light signals!
And wonderful work there on the railways!! :thumbsup:

paroch

Hi Bernhard,

With so many MDs I find I can only "follow" so many.  And I've been meaning to check Urland out for some time now.  I've browsed all 10 pages and I can't admit to reading everything but I've certainly enjoyed looking at your pics.  Your work here is of the HIGHEST quality (but you've been told that already!).

Your railways are simply stunning.  I think I will nned to study again in more detail and I am sure I can learna few tricks from you.

The rolling farmlands are also a really nice touch.

I also like the attention you give to the churches in your towns and villages.  Whereas modern towns seem to be built around the shops, older towns were generally built around a church of some description.  I do like to see well placed churches in SC4 - I think they add "glue" to any town.

I also like the way you do the 4-way split pictures, showing different angles or different lighting of the same area - that works REALLY well and I don't recall seeing it before.  Have you copyrighted it ;)

I'll add Urland to my list of places to check more regularly in future.

All the best,

Paul

kwakelaar

You should be really pleased with your last update, the railways are indeed even better than from the previous update. I especially like this one, good combination of train stations and industrial buildings along the tracks.

bobinator

I just went through this whole thing, your railroad network is amazing. I really like that last station pic too, good job.

rooker1

Bernhard, you have some of the best rail pics mixed into your beautiful rural areas.  Great job, I always like to come check out this MD. 
What are you talking about mini update, nothing wrong with a handful of pics my friend.  The update was perfect.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

azuil

Hi, my compliments!

Can you please tell me what mods/addons you use for your railroad to make it look like you did?
I mean, special trains, signs, stations etc.

Hope it hasn't been asked yet!

thundercrack83

Your railroads are always a pleasure to take in, my friend! Every update, you're always doing something special! Keep up the good work!

Dustin

Nardo69

RL - Update ...

Sorry - no pictures from Urland today, as I hardly played Sc4 recenetly ...

BUT:

14 1/2 hours agao my wife gave birth to our first child, our son Mehmet Dennis!!!! Mother and child are in a good state, and if you want too see my little boy:

with greetings from a proud father!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Andreas

This is great news, Bernhard - congratulations!  :thumbsup:
Andreas

tooheys

Congratulations my friend  :). Great to hear everyone is doing fine.

Best wishes to you and your family

Dave

threestooges

Congratulations on the new addition to the family. It's good to hear everyone is well and, from the looks of things, resting comfortably. Congratulations.

thundercrack83

Congratulations on the birth of your son, my friend! I'm glad to hear that mother and son are doing well. Give our regards!

Dustin

ejc

nedalezz

Congratulations mate! That is wonderful news.

bat

Pat

Bernard Congrats on the new baby boy awwwwwwwww he's sooo cute.....  Dont forget to backup  :thumbsup: err I mean take lots of pics....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie