• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Urland - a (mostly) rural Coastline

Started by Nardo69, March 24, 2007, 12:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooheys

I agree with Snaper, that is one great area view. If I may ask one question, most, if not all, of the residential buildings in the area fit the theme. Do you manage your pluggins folder to include only the lots that you want or are they ploppable? I just can't imagine trying to manage my pluggin folder to that extent.

And finally, Bernhard, if the beer is cold I'll meet you at the White Swan anytime.

Cheers

Dave

bat

Great update! I like the filler lots!! :thumbsup:

sebes

Quote from: Nardo69 on June 21, 2007, 10:09:34 AM
Sebes: Thanks for the compliment! How if we met at the White Swan for a beer (my favourtite of this update ...) ;)

Anytime Bernhard...just make sure we're in the same White Swan Biergarten as I notice you've got two, very close to each other  ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Pat

Bernhard wow you are truely the master of rural areas omg just wow  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Darmok

Hi Bernhard,
I missed a lot! Sorry about that.
Looking at those last updates, I just can't wait to see those filler lots on the LEX!
Favorite pics is 17.12 I really like that St-Georg church! And pic 17.16 I just noticed that there is no "train stoppers" (I don't know the correct word) at the end of that sidetrack, the train engineer must be very careful not to brake too late and ending on the road WINK
Banana brandy! (**shudders**)... Sorry I think I'll pass on that... I rather have a raki!  ;)
Hey, a sidenote here, I finally fixed the lag problem! I found a very old video card driver (2005) on the ASUS web site, and tried it... it works wonderfully, no more lag! My playing is almost real time! The fun fun is back in the game.
Well, that's about it for now, take care.
Warmest regards
-John
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=112.last#last

If you have a closed mind, do the same with your mouth

kwakelaar

Not picture perfect in St Georg with all the mosquitos then :D , but your update do look the part. Great use of the canals along side the church, and the banana plantation is quite unique for these parts of the world, that must have been a massive breakthrough indeed. ;)

emilin

I really need to get better at farmlands, and you set the benchmark over here. Everything flows so naturally... the towns and fields, roads and rails. I don't know how you do it, but it really works. Everywhere. &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

dedgren

Congratulations!

Urland...the well-kept countryside allows a natural flow...

The Staff
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

thundercrack83

Hey, congratulations, Nardo69! Glad to see you in July's "Special Interest" category! I'll be looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us this month.

Pat

Quote from: thundercrack83 on July 01, 2007, 09:18:49 AM
Hey, congratulations, Nardo69! Glad to see you in July's "Special Interest" category! I'll be looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us this month.

Nardo I couldnt agree more with Dustin on this... Keep up the hard work - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

sebes

&apls Congrats Bernhard - I am glad that Dedgren placed Urland in the picture for July !  :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

emilin

Urland is not "special interest of the month" it's "special interest of the last few years"! ;D

Very well deserved! &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Strechnitz

Congratulations are in order! &apls

I have been following your MD for a while (I know I comment too little) and I really like it. So I am happy but not surprised to see you selected as"of special interest this month"

Good job ;D

Strechnitz

tooheys

Congratulations Bernhard, Urland is a beautiful MD and this is well deserved.  &apls

I think you should also get some recognition for the guidance you provide for us newbies (and especially for putting up with me :P)

Cheers

Dave

kimcar

&apls &apls  Congrats mate. Well deserve. Keep up your good work :thumbsup:

Snaper

Congrats l'ami, I'm very happy that you receive this promotion  :thumbsup:

Badsim

Firstly , my apologies for have not followed this MD with more assiduity ... lack of time , at least this "Special interest of the Month" has the merit to really attract attention ...

The overview is splendid . A dream for any MD author ... recalling  jeronij's mastery . :thumbsup:

Looking then at each pictures , a lot of work and skill everywhere ... all is as beautiful than realistic . The cows roaming in the field is that kind of details I love particularly . ;)

Wonderful work . &apls &apls &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

rooker1

Awesome MD and congrats on the move to Special Interest of the Month, you really deserve it.

&apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Nardo69

More than two years ago I started my CJ on ST. And evertime a Trixie winner posted there I felt something like "well, having such a 'Trixie Winner' under my Avatar would be nice but will never happen. *sigh*"  Since last November last year I am a Trixie winner ...

When The "Of Special Interest" - thingie began I thought "would be nice to be there but with my rather seldom updates ... *sigh*" ....

I planned to do a full scale update yet RL is beating me permanently.  &ops

In addition to this I made the "mistake" to fire up SC4 with the result that I had a rather creative and successfull day on the neighbour map of Braubach.

So decided to do a miniupdate straight out of the doing ...

This is the very first time that such a seddlement grew exactly as I wanted!!!  ()stsfd()

I do like not only the BAT but also the lots: they are so typical for countless houses build in Germany after the War ...
And I know quite some streets that look(ed) exactky like these ...

I do like it dirty - when it comes to industry in SC4. And IMHO some of the most beautiful ingame - buildings are I-D ...

"Further on upon the (rail)road" ... I just loved how this turned out (after a lot of plop&doze ...  ::) )

For the friends of the Plattenbau - the type of precast concrete slab buildings that have been build so much in East Germany / East Europe ...(and not only there ... )

The makes of SC4's railway module definately don't know anything from the minimum distance between two trains ...

Sinced it is already 02:00 am here and my DSL line is making problems all the time I will do the answers in the next days!

Promise!

Untill then

Have Fun!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

tooheys

Bernhard, you really are the master of rail :thumbsup:

The junction in the 3rd and 4th pic is beautiful, great detail &apls

Looking forward to more.

Cheers

Dave