• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Urland - a (mostly) rural Coastline

Started by Nardo69, March 24, 2007, 12:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebes

Nardo you're a true railroad god ! I am enjoying your update, railroad, signposts, level-crossing, signs, semaphores...  But also very much the stations and pedestrian cross bridges on the pics. Super!   &apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Vario80

Hi Bernhard another nice update from you.  &apls The railway line is definately eye catching, and the villages do make a cozy sleepy impression. Great work :thumbsup:
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

tooheys

Dustin, what do you mean poor cows, I just think fresh beef (and already tenderised)   ()stsfd().  BBQ and a cold beer (drool)

Bernhard, brilliant as always, the RR is always so detailed with signals, overheads, signage etc  :thumbsup: The trackside development always fits the theme. Nice work  :)

QuotePlease note that all shown railways are not main lines but secondary railway lines!
I must remember to use this next time I need to place a RR crossing  :P

Cheers

Dave

rooker1

Wow....super update.  All the rail lines look fantastic.  I don't think I've seen so much before.  Your city must be covered with rail.  I really like how you have it all laid out, it looks very realistic in opinion. 

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

thundercrack83

Quote from: tooheys on August 06, 2007, 02:42:55 AM
Dustin, what do you mean poor cows, I just think fresh beef (and already tenderised)   ()stsfd().  BBQ and a cold beer (drool)

Good point! I'll bring the grill!

kwakelaar

A few updates since my last visit here, and most of them in the railway theme, hi hi :D

I liked your Autobahn update, especially the combination with the powerlines, something you might find here in Holland as well.

Also see in your last update you have the Fukitol growing in your cities, took some more genetic engineering than for the bananas to grow I would guess.
I still am amazed by how some people notice every little detail in SC4, for example your railway sings, crossings and semaphores(?). I did not notice these details being American before you pointed it out. I still have a lot to learn.

I enjoyed your last update, seems making more space for your railways also give your towns a bit more space to breath, I also see your point now about the stations being too short.

Nice work Bernhard. :thumbsup:

royal

Nardo, you are really a railway freak. But I like how you have styled your railroads and the surroundin of them.
Especially the industrie and the houses next to each other :D

But the best is the detail of the tracks, all the signals, the railroad crossing etc.
The signals look much better in the diagonal version, in my opinion :)

When you need more signals Nardo, please contact me  :P ;)

I'm waiting for the next update .... ;)

royal
Member of the SimForumBatTeam (SFBT)

Nardo69

Hello to ALL!

Not a real update today, just the region shots. The cities of the last couple of updates can be found in the lower left corner ...!

But before of course there are quite some replies to do!  :)

@threeswept:: Thanks for the compliment!  :)

@Shadow Assassin:: Thanks for the compliment!  :)
And well, I guess I was supposed to go in this niche I guess ...  :D

@patfirefghtr:: Thanks for the compliment!  :)
And I have a good and a bad news for you ...
The bad: They may take a while as I want them as networkpieces but therefore have to learn how to make a T21 ...
The good: I think my friend royal has some of these goodies on his harddisk / in his mind ...  ;)

@pvarcoe: Thanks for the compliment, Dave!
As for the diagonal fences, you can find them here. It has five dependencies, though.

@bat:: Thanks for the compliment!  :)

@thundercrack83(2x): Thanks for the compliment.
And about the cows, yeah, always eating this grass without moving or sport, horrible life ...  :D

@sebes:: Thanks for the compliment!  :)

@Vario80:: Thanks for the compliment!  :)

@tooheys:: May I join the BBQ? I may ask the train drivers to explore the best speed for first class T-Bones ...  :D
And for the RR crossings on secondary railway lines - I write a tutorial about them at "the other site"... some time ago maybe I should bring 'em here...

@rooker1:: Thanks for the compliment!  :)
You may need believe me resp. your eyes but there are some maps in Urland with no railways ...

@rooker1:: Thanks for the compliment!  :)

@kwakelaar:: So I hope you had a great holiday my friend!  ;)
Yes, I had been quite productive ... sometimes new (or newly discovered things) can increase my output speed by the factor 10 and more ...  ;D
And the Genetic engineering ... Do you remember Mr. Schlaubauer? Seems to be he has quite some not-so-clean connections ...  $%#Ninj2

@royal: Thanks for the compliment of the semaphore's creator!  :thumbsup:
There are some promised that a REALLY dangerous to make ... I might ask you for more - as I do miss the Bundesbahn-Signs ....  ;)

Okay, here they are finally:

Region view:

Traffic View

@All: Have fun! (and don't forget to make backups!)

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

The maps look outstanding, my friend! I'll be looking forward to seeing more of those places on the map! Keep up the excellent work!

bat

That region overview is looking very fantastic, Nardo69! Great work on that city! :thumbsup:

Pat

Bernhard those region shots are masivly awsome wow!!!!  LoL either way Bernhard i know when it comes out it will be great however happens with you and Royal and getting it worked out...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

tooheys

Nice looking region shots Bernhard, and still looks like there is plenty of room for further development.

Hopefully, we will be seeing Urland around for quite a while yet.

Cheers

Dave

rooker1

The regional maps are awesome.  Man, you have alot done. that's incredible work my friend.  How long have you been working on this region?  Years???  &Thk/(

&apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Shadow Assassin

Rooker: I think he's been working on it since 2003. I could be wrong, though. :P

Beaut region maps, too.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

threeswept

Yes, WOW...get a load of those region maps! Vast and detailed. :o

threestooges

Wow, what can I say that can even really describe those overviews. Time, patience, skill, absolutely very well done. How long have you been working on that map?

Nardo69

Some quick replies ...

I didn't expect my region shot making such a big impression .... 

BTW Jeroni, david or any other admin: On "the other side" there was a nice smiley for "positive blushing ... Even though here are a lot of great smileys I do miss that special one ...  ;)

@thundercrack83: Thanks for the compliment! There is still some place left on the map and unless RL isn't getting worse chances are that I go on ...  ;)

bat Thanks for the compliment my friend!  :)

patfirefghtr Thanks for the compliment! And you know if some people (don't forget Kenworth!) with the same passion come together sometimes the earth moves ...  ;D

tooheys Thanks for the compliment, Dave. I promised before: Unless RL isn't get much worser I won't stop here - it is too much fun for me ... I am just a little bit slow ...  :-[

rooker1 Thanks for the compliment, Robin!  :)
I started the region in February/March 2005 and began CJing in June 2005 ... so it seems we have the 30th month anniversary right at the moment ...  :)
BTW my oldest and best friend (wen met at the age of 2 ...) has the same name as you. And actually zou two are the only male "Robin"s I know ...

Shadow Assassin Thanks for the compliment!  :)
As I stated before Urland started in 2005.
Actually all my Pre-Rushhour stuff was destroyed by a malworking memory chip. When I see my first RH - Regions from late 2003 I am not sure if the destruction of the Vanilla Regions was a pity or shere mercy ....  :-[

threeswept Thanks for the compliment! :)

threestooges Thanks for the compliment. It seems you didn't left anything out ...  :)   ;D
I posted it before - Aufust/September is the 30-month-anniversary of Urland ....

@All: A teaser of the upcoming update. You may have seen it already in the Show Us Your Farmland - Thread and/or in SC4 Picture Competition:

As especially MightyGoose stated there are some empty lots ... I am working on the finalization of this area ...  &mmm

@All: Have fun!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Outstanding teaser, my friend! The farms and row homes look spectacular! I can't wait to see the next update!

bat

That's a wonderful looking teaser. :thumbsup: Looking forward to that update!

Pat

Bernhard oooh i havent forgotten and great pic  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie