• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Assassin

That's a great history, David. Hey, I was wondering, along the same lines, about Shadow Canyon...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

BigSlark

David,

3RR amazes me. I think I've finally read through it all and have some great scenic ideas for my next region. Keep up the good work and I hope the hearing goes well!

Kevin "BigSlark"

NikNik

Hey David,

I hope that the adoption hearing went well.

I see that Thunderbay is actually at a bay! With only 2.000 inhabitants it is indeed small. I like the way you tied the history of this little village to the actual development of Pineshore. Nicely put.

Have a great weekend, David.

Nik-Nik

seemurray2

That creek is beautiful,  and I like the fact that you made it using "real" water for the most part instead of the ploppable water - which to me comes across as too fake looking.  It really does look amazing though.

dedgren

I'm going, in the 30 minutes or so I have before I need to leave this morning, to buzz through a few points from some recent comments.  No chrome or linkies...

...that's why it's a quickie!

seemurray2 (3-9)  Hey, my friend, welcome back!  Haven't seen you here since way back in the 3RR-ST days.

Quote...ploppable water - which to me comes across as too fake looking.

I'm going to be starting a thread shortly which I hope will become a place where all the great thinkers and doers on the ploppable water scene can get together and create something better.  "Too" fake looking is a little rough, I think- but it could be way, way better than it is now.

Anyway, don't be a stranger!

Nik-Nik (NikNik) (3-9)  Hey!  Thanks for your (and those of others) thoughts on the adoption hearing.  I probably should have been more clear, though- I wasn't the one adopting...

...been there, though, and done that.

It's a small but happy part of my practice.

QuoteWith only 2.000 inhabitants [Thunder Bay] is indeed small.

Actually, it's smaller still.  The "(2000 est.)" is a fairly common way of noting the year the census data was gathered in an unincorporated place, which has by nature no defined boundaries.  The "est." addition is how in many instances the population of unincorporated places is counted- by estimate.  So, 375 happy souls, more or less, live in TB.

That was a great mural in your last comment, btw.  Enjoy the spring weather.  We'll see it in June.

Kevin (BigSlark) (3-9)  Whoa, a newly-minted 3RR Regular!

...as noted many time before, a 3RR Regular is anyone who has ever commented here at least once.

QuoteI think I've finally read through it all and have some great scenic ideas for my next region.

Flattery will get you everywhere, my friend.  I can think of no better compliment that to see things I'm trying here get implemented in someone else's SC4 region.  Thanks very much- hope you're back soon.

Shadow (Shadow Assassin) (3-9 and 3-7)

QuoteHey, I was wondering, along the same lines [as far as the Gazetteer is concerned], about Shadow Canyon...

The Gazetteer is very much a work in progress.  I've got probably 100 little snips of information about 3RR places in the form of notes that need to be organized into the format I've developed.  You'll be seeing more of the Gazetteer as we get into collaboration.

QuoteDid you miss me?  I've been busy with real life, so that's why...

Actually, Shadow, I was kind of hiding from you.  See, I promised you the answers to a few good questions you asked several weeks ago...

Well, here you are (and yes, you were very much missed) back, so I'd better get on it.  And thanks, as well, for the way too kind comments.

Emil (emilin) (3-8)  Hey, my friend-

Quote...every time I check out this thread there's a gazillion anonymous guests reading it too.

Yes, and none of them know about that permanent fluorescent dye that gets all over their hands when they click the 3RR linkie.  Someday, Emil, someday I'm going to find out who all these unknown folks are...

...and we'll throw one heck of a great party!

Thanks to you and others noting 10,000 page views.  Monday is 3RR's one-year anniversary (including 3RR-ST), and it would be great to hit five digits sometime that day.  We'll see.

Thanks for being such a great friend of 3RR.

Liv (Livin in Sim) (3-8)  LOL, Liv...

Quote...you could probably count upon one hand the times in Liv's life that she has been rendered verbally inoperative.

Hmmm- I oughtta do one of those streams for my wife...

Hey, seriously, great compliment.  My pleasure, ma'am.

Dustin (thundercrack83) (3-8)

QuoteAs long as the lake freezes over enough for people to play hockey on it, I'll be happy!

Few people realize that most all the great 60s era hockey players actually came from 3RR. Bobby Hull, Dennis Hull, Gordie Howe, Jacques Plante, Eric Nesterenko, Stan Mikita, Glenn Hall, Pierre Pilotte...

...can we tell that David is a 'Hawks fan?  Noooo!

That "Canada" thing was just cooked up by TV because nobody could figure out where 3RR actually was.

Joni Mitchell, Bryan Adams and Neil Young came from 3RR, too...

Oh, yeah- and Leonard Cohen...

Just kidding, Canadian readers...

...hey, where are all you folks going?  Hey!  Put down those hockey sticks...  Ow, ow, ow, ow!

Dustin, ya betcha hockey gets played anywhere in 3RR there's a body of water, freezing temps and at least one kid.

Half hour's up.  Gotta go.

Later.

EDIT:  (3-9-07  11:40 a.m. AST  GMT-9)  Got a few minutes, here's a couple more...

beskhu3epnm (that's a "nic?") (3-8)  The Map God cometh!

QuoteBut there are no grizzlies....

We certainly have them up here...

Source: Jan van der Crabben (Photographer)
licensed under Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 2.0

I was looking for a pic of the scat- there's usually bear bells in it.

Thanks for the great comment, my friend.  Been to Thunder Bay, Ontario, at the end (headed west from there to Kenora) of a drive around the north side of Lake Superior.  One of the best days I have ever spent in a car.

Pat (patfirefghtr) (3-8)  My Rhinelanderian friend!

Quotebtw does the medical service include ambulance or is it run by FD[?]

That's actually an excellent question.  For right now, I'll say that an EMS unit is part of every Rural Fire Station in the region.  That's a pretty common arrangement up here in Alaska outside Anchorage.

Thanks, Pat, for stoppin' by.

OK- that's it.  More on the way tonight and over the weekend.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Rayden

Quote from: beskhu3epnm on March 08, 2007, 06:14:30 PM
It's great that the "reply" button is here, it's an honor to try to make a comment worthy of your memory.

Anyways, there is a town named "Thunder Bay" about 9 hours drive from where I live. Pop. 153,000 give or take.

But there are no grizzlies....

Great Background, btw!

I know Thunder Bay as well, passed there many times on my rig (playing 18 Wheels of Steel - Convoy) ;D

Here's a map [linkie]

Btw, no comments on my grizzly catching a fish on your rapids? :'( ;D [linkie]

Looking forward for some more info like that of Thunder Bay ;)

Kokopelli

Rayden, I see on your map your are headed for El Paso. Stop by for a cup-a-joe.

Bob

beskhu3epnm

I did a

TRIPLE TAKE

on Silvio's Grizzly. I can't believe he did it! Gasp!

beskhu3epnm - I believe it to be pronounced something like "bestzep" or something similar. Just type beskh like everyone else  :thumbsup:. I made that one as a joke at the beginning, and now it's too late to start over. It is an actual phrase in Kernow (celtic language, you see) translating into "Best be Prepared." It's a track name on a CD I listen to, and it's used in a literal sense, as the piano being played is classified as "Prepared Piano." Now get off my back! :D

Don't worry about "too fake" water. It's what we got. If the community makes a "better" water, then I'll be disappointed, as the 10 hours I spent plopping water will be sort of wasted. You may be in the same boat??

Keep it up, as always.

Here's to 3RR's 1,000,000th view, coming sometime in 2007.

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

dedgren

You mean this bear, Silvio?

...Please be assured that no real animals were harmed in the course of this tasteless joke...
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

thundercrack83

I love the grizzly bear! I wonder if the late Timothy Treadwell visited 3RR before his death...

QuoteFew people realize that most all the great 60s era hockey players actually came from 3RR. Bobby Hull, Dennis Hull, Gordie Howe, Jacques Plante, Eric Nesterenko, Stan Mikita, Glenn Hall, Pierre Pilotte...

...can we tell that David is a 'Hawks fan?  Noooo!

That "Canada" thing was just cooked up by TV because nobody could figure out where 3RR actually was.

Joni Mitchell, Bryan Adams and Neil Young came from 3RR, too...

Oh, yeah- and Leonard Cohen...

Just kidding, Canadian readers...

...hey, where are all you folks going?  Hey!  Put down those hockey sticks...  Ow, ow, ow, ow!

Dustin, ya betcha hockey gets played anywhere in 3RR there's a body of water, freezing temps and at least one kid.

So, your a Blackhawks fan, eh? That's a shame...Just kidding! I'm a Montréal Canadiens fan myself. Anyway...I love the bear shot, target and all, and I can't wait for the next update!

Rayden

Yes I meant that one, to be more exactly, this one that I managed to implant on your beautiful picture ;)

This and yours are the same ;D

Schulmanator

Oooooh! THAT explains it then! I "bearly" noticed that there was something fishy about that picture!

All kidding mostly aside, David, I need to ask you about that fluorescent dye you use on the MD to track the lurkers. Can you change the color? That hot pink dye clashes with my wardrobe. Maybe something that would bring out the color in my eyes?

Have a great day!  :D
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

dedgren

QuoteThis and yours are the same  ;D

No, Silvio, I don't think so...

Got the fish, too...

...any real animals harmed in the making of this tasteless joke have our profuse apologies for any inconvenience...
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Yoman

I'm not sure your gunsight would be green :P

EDIT:  I'm not sure, either, Yoman- I don't own any guns.  DE

Rayden

()what() Oh poor Yogi, you could at least had let him having the fish first ()what() ;D

thundercrack83

Uh, oh! Looks like the bear didn't make it out of 3RR alive...and neither did the fish that was in it's mouth!

kimcar

Quote from: Rayden on March 10, 2007, 10:01:47 AM
()what() Oh poor Yogi, you could at least had let him having the fish first ()what() ;D

Yah . He don`t look to happy now. :D

beskhu3epnm

Hmm,

I suppose 3RR is without Game Wardens? Where is the Game Warden Office? I would like to make a complaint.... Let's see your fishing and hunting licenses ASAP!!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Gaston

Well all,

It just so happens that I've got a bachelor's degree in Wildlife Management.     So I guess I'll have to be considered the local Fish and Wildlife Officer for 3RR.      I suppose the bear was killed during bear season.     No " It's Rabbit season", no it's duck season, rabbit season, duck season, duck season, RABBIT SEASON.    Shoot me now!    Mother ?!?!?  [ LINKIE ]   Sorry I digressed.    I have to check to see what the hunting and fishing seasons are for 3RR.     I'll let you know.      Now a bit of bear meat for my stew and a bit of smoked salmon for my bagles would go a long way toward determining if it was in season or not.    ::)   Not that I would ever except a bribe.   
   David,
   I am off work on Monday and I believe that is 3RR's anniversary.    I will most likely be stopping by to share in the celebration.     :party:   

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

sebes

I just read thru 6 pages of posts, pictures and most interesting stuff. Thanks for all your updates and for sharing David  :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN