• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebes

David - Yes I lurk a lot in your place! I do love it and learn a lot from your additional information.  :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Fred_Ginger

David, you ask all of us lurkers to post, that's difficult to do sometimes (aside from you using all the words again!), because sometimes your depth of information just leaves me, for one, stunned!   &Thk/(  and while I'm as perfectly capable of inanities as the next person, I feel your hard work deserves at the very least a thoughtful response.  So, while I might not post in every update, be sure that I'm out here lurking (and being awed by your beautiful region and all the information!) :thumbsup:
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

thundercrack83

Wow, it's only when you put the smaller picture of 3RR next to the 3RR 162 version that I fully realized the evolution of the region. If someone were to tell me that they were taking a smaller region and making it on not only a large scale, but the largest possible scale, I would have predicted the quality to suffer. But not you! It's 162 times better!

your_adress_here

Whoa... It's amazing how much better the new 3RR is! I can't wait to see what you'll teach us next!  :D
Bookah!

Gaston

Okay David,
     This is me not lurking.  LOL
      And it is a pleasure to post comments in what is (IMHO) the greatest CJ oops  MD ever created.    And I will still wander around the others because they are fantastic as well.    You know me by now,  I love this place!!!

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Grneyes

David, I have commented over at ST but never here. Showing 3RR is it was and what it is now is awesome! The area is gorgeous!! So lush and green and with all the beautiful water. I so want to live there! You are truly a master at terraforming.  &apls

Giligone

Haha, a rush of posts. Great work! Really awesome. I meant to post earlier... but I was at work. Seeing that progression from the original to now is really cool. I didn't know there were previous versions of 3RR. Looking forward to the next update!!

keithsed

Hi David:

I saw Pratt Island again and it brought back memories of how it looked over at STEX.  Sooo I trotted  %BUd% over there on page 15 and looked at it again.   Still looks GREAT! Especially the transparent rocks in the water.

Your the greatest   :thumbsup:

Keith

wouanagaine

Some old mapping & contour lines :)
sweet as always

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

dedgren

Wow.  I guess I need to explain myself here.  I had intended to do a post this evening about points raised by several of you in the last little bit, and couldn't believe when I sat down at the 'puter after dinner the number of new posts since this morning.  I need to take it all in, so instead of posting I spent my time this evening visiting the other great MDs here and just sort of sitting back and enjoying all the fine work on display there.  I left some comments...

...kind of hard to post about lurkers here and then go and lurk elsewhere...

...and took the time to look at some other corners of this great site I haven't checked out yet.  I thus will plan a mega-post for tomorrow evening.  Thanks so much for everything that's been said here today.  I promise to do it justice tomorrow night.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

emilin

Lurking is one of my favourite hobbies, but I'm trying to quit. ::)

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

NikNik

to lurk or not to lurk. That's the question.

Sometimes RL just leaves me too little time to respond. Sometimes I have nothing special to respond, than just wow what great.
Anyway, nice to see that old region view, compared with the new one. Wow impressive.
Why do you get different colours (UK english you know) at some of the squares in the regionview?

Nik-Nik

rw0381c

Thanks, David, for welcoming me to these forums. I was quite surprised when I logged in this morning, and saw that I had a private message from you. In the 16 months I've been a member at Simtropolis, I only received one private message from anyone, and within two days of signing up here I have one from one of the "Heavyweights" of CJ/MD!

Unfortunately, I am not caught up 100% in 3RR. I still need to read quite a bit, but I have been making use of your ploppable water techniques. I just wanted to take time to drop by and say hi!

Rheal

petercintn

As I have been absorbing this great diary, I also was wondering at the beginning if this was a 'real' place.  I can now say it's as real as any 'based on a true story' movie I have seen.  I hope to see 3RR spring into life soon.  I'm really enjoying this, David.
Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

Giligone

Quote from: emilin on January 19, 2007, 12:50:24 AM
Lurking is one of my favourite hobbies, but I'm trying to quit. ::)

Admitting you have a problem is the first step!  :D

Looking forward to the big huge update!

exodus101

Hey David,

Things have absolutely blown up here at 3RR over the past couple days.  It looks like there was an entirely new page of posts in roughly one day!  Well sir...it is a tribute to the great thing going on here.  I really enjoyed the rest of the Rural Land Division post - great work.  Your before and after post of the region itself certainly took me back to the beginning as well (3 months ago for me - oh, so long ago!).  I remember saving the contoured grayscale images and trying to put them together in Photoshop to have my own 3RR.  Thank goodness the discussion of scale came along and then the subsequent region posts onto the STEX.  Though I'm not actually playing in them, they are part of a region building project that is rather unique - more about that in a few months perhaps.

Anyhow, as usual, keep it comin'!

-Stephen

P.S. - Good luck transferring the older data from ST to wherever you're taking it.  That sounds daunting!

nedalezz

Awesome update! Im in complete agreement with the lurkers comment  &apls.

As usual, your updates leave most of us awe-struck and anxiously awaiting the next one. This one was no different. Great job.

Badsim

Hi David ,

I must admit that I didn't read eveything ....google translation is absolutely awful ...but the higher presentation quality of your work don't leave any doubt ... and oppositely to your statement on my own thread , I can't wait to see more of your talent . ;D
Wonderful region (my map really sucks ) & scenes so far ... :thumbsup:

Cedric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

bulldog2010

Alright, here I go...

I have been logged in for a grand total of 14 minutes here at this website and this is the first comment I make. I have followed 3RR since it first started over at ST and have lurked through it until today. I was looking through this site's forums and I found 3RR so I read it all the way up until your post about lurking and I decided to register here at SC4Devotion and try to break my habit even if that means posting the "good job looking forward to your next update" post. So with that out of the way, I want to tell you how much I enjoy reading 3RR and its tutorials and technical secrets. I have learned a lot and hope to learn more. Keep it up, David, your doing an amazing job.

-Adam

dedgren

A RL event sort of has me on the run the last 24 hours or so...I'm on track to get that promised post up later today, though.

In the meantime, I'll leave one of my winter friends to keep you company.

We have 50 or 60 of these in the lilacs and trees around the porch some mornings.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax