• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAMeLots - Dependencies

Started by mightygoose, July 31, 2007, 11:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Assassin

Yup, if you don't have a Japanese version of SC4 installed, the font pack that comes with the Japanese characters included doesn't get installed. It's funny, because I would've expected them to do that, because they use the same font set for all Euro languages. Ah well.

I'm a CAM noob, and well... I wonder, where do I start? :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Pat

LoL SA usallly at the start... btw where is this one its not valid in the instaler NDEX ITS MEGA Props Vol04
this is whats in the address: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\SimCity 4\LEX_Downloads\CAM\;http:\sc4devotion.com\csxlex\lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=665

******************** EDIT *******************

now i found ITS prop pack 4 and this should be the correct link http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=664

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jeronij

I feel ashamed to ask this, but after a loooooong search I can not find the file called integriculture

Could some one post a link to this one please ?  ( I used the link that comes in the IHT10 Lots Pack but I can find this  :-[ )
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

RippleJet

Barby replied to that a while ago here. :thumbsup:

jeronij

Thks, I dont understand why that post did not came out when I made the search....  ???  .... however, the mode has changed its position, and now it is in page two.... and it is difficult to figure out how is this written in japanese  ::)  ;D

Found  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Kitsune

Let me get this straight.....

I need all those dependencies listed above, AND the model files for the various buildings, is that correct?

Thanks.
~ NAM Team Member

BarbyW

Yes. The dependencies listed above are for the looks of the lots and optional if you don't mind bare lots but the model files are ESSENTIAL otherwise you will have huge brown boxes.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

JoeST

There's a spelling mistake in the post:

Quote from: mightygoose on July 31, 2007, 11:32:57 AM
And the faming props

I am guessing that is supposed to be farming lol

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Kitsune

another question, is there a list of every single dependency (model files and all) available besides the one located at top?
~ NAM Team Member

Pat

Kitsune that is the complete CAM dependecy list and just click on the bottom of the screen where it says missing dependecy's check here and that is allllll of the know dependency list from every team or indivdule - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Kitsune

And once again, another question. If theres two .sc4model files, do I use both, or one? And if one, which one?

Thanks. :)
~ NAM Team Member

Pat

ummmmm hmmm that is a good question i would gather to say the newer of the 2 as long as they are the same file it should automaticly want to replace it with the newer one... Dont qoute me but i belive that is right - pat

RippleJet

You should have only one copy of each SC4Model file, if not for anything else, at least for speeding up loading time.

The model/prop mega packs on the LEX all include a Cleanitol list that will help removing older model files.

Quote from: star.torturer on August 11, 2007, 08:10:32 AM
I am guessing that is supposed to be farming lol

Thanks Joe, corrected! :thumbsup:

Kitsune

I've confused myself now, is it the .sc4model or the .sc4lot that I need to avoid the brown box plague?
~ NAM Team Member

RippleJet

You need the SC4Model, which, especially in the case of mega packs, can be included in a DAT file as well.

Unless they are packed in another way, for growable buildings in general you need the SC4Lot file, the SC4Desc file and the SC4Model file.

snorrelli

Riddle me this...

A ploppable lot does not require a .desc file - true or false?
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

BarbyW

Correct,  as a ploppable lot has the desc embedded in it automatically. The extra descs left in many of the uploads are not required. They are only required for growables where the developer has not added the desc to the lot.

snorrelli

Excellent - thanks for the quick reply. More pruning of the plugins to do... ;)
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

Rafonc

i must say  everything is gouing well with all files. But i have 2 brown boxes. One is Visconsin gas company (commercial) ,other if i am right is 9 stage Seaview tower 2 (residental). I have checked and i have all the essentials etc....Perhaps the problem is because some files i didnt put in subfolders, just extracted in plugins folder. (there is mess,around 20 model files...) I dont know where is prob. + I found model file for that seaview tower in plugins,but its not with same name. Perhaps someone has the same problem with those 2....Other buildings are with no probs ???

BarbyW