• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Copenhagen Pictures

Started by vester, August 21, 2009, 01:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Great pics, as usual, Arne!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

Here is another night picture. The Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek has as the name suggest a connection to the Carlsberg Brewery:

vester

Back at Christiansborg Palace today. The weather was dull with light fog.

Second round of balancing acts:

Here is the palace seen from the other side:

Looking through the gateway under the tower:

Here a picture from the colonnade which is from the 1st Christiansborg Palace. The present is the 3rd.
The previous two fell victims for fires.

Here is one of the dome from the previous post. Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek at daytime seen from the front side:

Jmouse

Another great round of photos. I kind of like the grey and foggy look. Somehow it lends a softness sunshiny days can't provide. Of course, there are no shadows to play around with, but it's all good. Both have their advantages. ;)

vester

Another night picture from the other day. This time from Kastellet / the Citadel:

and in the fog at daytime:

More picture from Kastellet to come.

vester

Here is a picture from today, taken at Carlsberg.
This is from the top of the old brewhouse:

Wonder if that is Thor rider over the rainbow to Valhalla ?

Its placed next to the two elephants. Sorry Joan, no pictures of the elephants today.
Want shoot them with sunlight on them. That is going to be either in morning or late evening.
Probably1) :P have to wait a few months to get the right light.

1) Remember Carlsberg old slogan ? Probably the best beer in the world.

vester

Here is a few more "fog" pictures. This time from Nordhavnen / the North Harbour in Copenhagen:

Here is something you might reconize:

art128

Cranes + grey atmosphere = I love it!

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

Wow, awesome pics!!!  Especially the last few. 
I have spent so much time recently in that area on google earth.....well you get the idea.

Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Jmouse

Mmmm. Now where have I seen those three smokestacks before? The fire escape caught my eye as did the seventh photo with the touch of color in the front and everything else "fogged out." That last one could be re-created in the game if we could find the right kind of boats. I like the black and white pics, very appropriate for the subject matter.

io_bg

Nice pics, I love foggy weather since it's rare (at least here) and is kinda... mystic.
I've a small remark though, you should use a higher shutter speed because a few of the pics aren't sharp :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

vester

Quote from: Jmouse on March 21, 2012, 11:47:54 AM
Mmmm. Now where have I seen those three smokestacks before? The fire escape caught my eye as did the seventh photo with the touch of color in the front and everything else "fogged out."
Well it was more or less looked like that. A bit spooky.
Its UNICEFs new high storehouse.

Quote from: Jmouse on March 21, 2012, 11:47:54 AM
I like the black and white pics, very appropriate for the subject matter.
All of the pictures have just a touch of color in them.

Quote from: io_bg on March 21, 2012, 12:43:32 PM
I've a small remark though, you should use a higher shutter speed because a few of the pics aren't sharp :)
I see what you mean. Just did a bike ride with a friend and crap the camera.
Still learning how to use it.

Here is few from my long bike ride yesterday.

Starting out with one of the Kastrup Søbad  / Kastrup Sea Bath:

One from Amager Strand Park / Amager Beach Park:

Here is one from one of the new parts of town, Ørestad:

8-Tallet / the number 8 - BIG HOUSE.

It has the shape of an 8, when seen from above.

vester

Here is a few pictures from last summer from Christiansborg Palace:

vester

Here is a few picture taken yesterday:

Church of Our Lady - Copenhagen Cathedral, seen from Saint Peters Church.

Sankt Petri Kirke - Saint Peters Church.

Church of Our Lady - Copenhagen Cathedral, seen from the street Store Kannikestræde.

Looking the other way, you see the Rundetårn / Round Tower.
Inside it, there is a spiral ramp. A house horse carriage can almost ride up to the top of the tower.

Spring is here.

Students enjoy the sun and a cold beer at the university.

Another sign of springs arrival. Close to full house at Dronning Louise Bro / the Queen Louise Bridge.

vester

Here is a picture from today of in Sydhavnen / the Southern Harbour:

vester

Been out tonight to take a few night pictures. Here is the two best:

Børsen (the old Stock Exchange) and Christiansborg Palace.

Aller.

vester

Here one for Joan. A picture of the gate house with the elephants:

Notice the two figures standing in the archway on the 4th floor. That is the brewer Carl Jakobsen and his wife, Ottilia.
On the left you see New Carlsberg Brewhouse, where you find the statue of Thor on the top.

There is a lot of details on the old buildings:

Now what is that ?

Ahh a gargoyle ! They are watching you! 1)

1) At least in Ankh-Morpork they are.

noahclem

The carlsberg brewery is just awesome! Now that'd be a BAT project!

The modern buildings and palace pics look great too  &apls

art128

These last photographs were very interesting, Arne! The ones I liked the most are the shot in southern harbour and the modern building in Aller.

Also, nice job with taking the gate house, a very nice building. I have not seen many of them myself, but this one is very impressive with the two big elephants. It kinds of remind me to a clocktower/gate I have seen in Brussels... Though I can't recall its name, haven't been there for ages.

Props & Texture Catalog

Jmouse

Ah yes, the elephants guarding the perimeter. :) The details in these buildings, like the statues for example, show the thought and planning which went into Copenhagen's vintage buildings. Alas, everything is disposable now – our computers, our homes and even our dishes (paper plates anyone?) but buildings like these were made to bring pleasure to countless generations.

I like the gargoyles and the building on which they reside, too. I love the spiral domes, or whatever the proper name for it is. The mystery picture is someone with his knee raised and his arm outstretched. Maybe.