• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Copenhagen Pictures

Started by vester, August 21, 2009, 01:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

Thanks for your comments. They are appreciated. :)

Quote from: noahclem on March 29, 2012, 11:43:12 AM
The carlsberg brewery is just awesome! Now that'd be a BAT project!

Not sure I want to get started on it. Maybe a few bits here and there. Some of the industrial buildings like some from the Old Carlsberg Brewery.

Quote from: art128 on March 29, 2012, 12:00:39 PM
The ones I liked the most are the shot in southern harbour and the modern building in Aller.

Side note: the Aller group is publish magasins in Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland.

Also, nice job with taking the gate house, a very nice building. I have not seen many of them myself, but this one is very impressive with the two big elephants.

Well there is in fact four in total, two facing in each direction.

Quote from: Jmouse on March 29, 2012, 01:00:30 PM
I like the gargoyles and the building on which they reside, too. I love the spiral domes, or whatever the proper name for it is. The mystery picture is someone with his knee raised and his arm outstretched. Maybe.[/size][/font]

The building which the gargoyles resides is not really a building, but a smokestack!

The mystery picture is the shadow of one of the gargoyles.

Here is new 3 pictures, not of buildings but from the Carlsberg Brewery of old beer trucks:

This pictures are take at the ground of the Old Carlsberg.

J.C. Jacobsen started Carlsberg in 1947. The son Carl, which the brewery is name after, was allowed to start is own brewery. This was at first named Anneksbryggeriet / the Annex Brewery.
At one point farther and son, couldn't agree on the lenght of time of storage. Carl was forced out of the building by his farther.
Then Carl builded a new brewery next to the two others and name it Ny Carlsberg (New Carlsberg). J.C. Jacobsen renamed his to Old Carlsberg.
19 years after J.C. Jacobsens dead the two breweries was merged.
Tuborg has been part of the Carlsberg Breweries  / Carlsberg Group since 1970.

Jmouse

Quote from: vester on March 29, 2012, 02:03:04 PM
The building which the gargoyles resides is not really a building, but a smokestack!

My first thought is that it was a smokestack, but I second guessed myself. I couldn't believe any responsible government body would invest so much time, effort and public money in a smokestack. The cathedrals, the government buildings and many of the other structures are lovely, but a SMOKESTACK?!!!. Mmmmmm.

vester

Quote from: Jmouse on March 29, 2012, 04:39:39 PM
My first thought is that it was a smokestack, but I second guessed myself. I couldn't believe any responsible government body would invest so much time, effort and public money in a smokestack.

Its not the government that builded it, but a private firm, the Carlsberg Brewery.

Here is a two piece of graffiti:

Hulk.

Plutos evil twin.

vester

Here is two night pictures from yesterday:

Svanemølleværket / The Swan Mill Power Plant.

Jmouse

I'll not comment on the content anymore because I always get something wrong. &mmm I will say I really like the first photo, though. It has a welcoming feel to it IMO. I remember a time when all the lights in our neighborhood went out. I was 15 and home alone, so I made my way to the front door and saw a gas light down the street. I left the house and walked toward it, along with many of the neighbors. We were like moths drawn to a flame.

Sciurus

Wonderful pictures! I really would like to live in the street of the first picture, it looks so lovely! &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

art128

Quote from: vester on March 29, 2012, 02:03:04 PM

The ones I liked the most are the shot in southern harbour and the modern building in Aller.

Side note: the Aller group is publish magasins in Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland.

Oh, my bad. I though it was the area's name where the building was built.

Nice new photos there, Arne. I really liked the two night shots.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Unassigned

Arne, your photos remind me how much I love Copenhagen - I go there all too seldom these days.

Is the photo with the gas light from Absalonsgade? Oh, other viewers may like to know that the bit of Absalonsgade running near to the Museum of Copenhagen is designated a "museum street" which means all of the props on that bit of street are rather antiquated, museum pieces in fact.

An outdoor scale model of Copenhagen back when (AD 1500ish iirc) is in front of the museum. Perhaps an idea for another photo? Contrasted with a present-day one? Note, though, that the building models are only there during the non-wintry bits of the year.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

vester

Quote from: Unassigned on April 02, 2012, 12:45:18 PM
Is the photo with the gas light from Absalonsgade?
Its from Krusemyntegade a side street to Kronprinsessegade.

Here is a picture form Absalonsgade:

I just had to take a picture of it. 3 minutters later, I saw it drive away. Was there just at the right time.

As you can see it has cobblestones and small "bridges" across the street gutter. In the window you can see the reflection of an old street kiosk and in the back can see an old poster column.

(Side note to myself: Try to play around with this picture some more)

Note, though, that the building models are only there during the non-wintry bits of the year.
At least the last 3 winters I have lived in Vesterbro (area in Copenhagen) they have just emptied the moat.

Arne, your photos remind me how much I love Copenhagen - I go there all too seldom these days.
If you ever gets to Copenhagen, you are welcome to called or PM, maybe for a coffee!?!

vester

Was out biking/walking this night.

Knippelsbro / Knippels Bridge:

Børsen (the old Stock Exchange) and Christiansborg Palace.

Frederiksholms Kanal I. The spire seen in the back is the city hall.

Frederiksholms Kanal II. Christiansborg is seen on the left.

Christiansborg seen from bridge over Frederiksholms Kanal, the bridge seen the previous picture.

Byretten / The courthouse I

Byretten / The courthouse II

Silur

I like an ancient yellow Fiat and Your Copenhagen night views - there is no many lights here - only street lights - this is very attractive for me  :)

vester

Thanks for your comment, Silur.
Quote from: Silur on April 07, 2012, 06:17:23 AM
...ancient yellow Fiat...

That was a lucky shot. A few minutes later it was gone.

Here is a few shots from today:

Gråbrødretorv / The Greyfriars Square.

Hotel at the main train station.

This looks a bit like a pair of wings too:

Details on the main train station.

Silur

Old yellow Fiat No. AL 68.554 escaped forever ...  :'( :'( :'(

jmyers2043

Nice metal work on the hotel. What does the front facade look like?

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

vester

Thank you for your comments.

Jim you can see it on google maps streetview: link

The Hotel, could use do with a good paint job (as a photographer it could do with some more lights):

Here is a some pictures of detail work of the green house in Botanical Garden:

Jmouse

You've put that new camera to good use I see. The first night shot is stunning as are the rest of them in their own way. And I agree with Jim. The metal work atop the hotel is beautiful. The greenhouse is a dazzling work of art, but I like the last shot best because of the tree in it. Now if only the sky had a bit more deep blue in it...

-Joan

vester

Thank you Joan.

Had a long walk today and end up at Kastellet / the Citadel.
It wasn't the best ligth. As you can see it rained and was very grey:

Magstrædet: Mag = old days toilet, strædet = narrow street

Sankt Nikolaj Kirke / St. Nicolai Church
(haven't been a church since 1805, burned down in 1795 with around 1/3 of the city)

The Citadel:

... and one from the harbour:

A last picture, a bit off the theme, but here goes anyway:

Sciurus

I'd never thought that Copenhagen hid so many jewels... Very nice photos!

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

art128

Even if these are rainy days pictures Arne, they all look great!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog