• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Copenhagen Pictures

Started by vester, August 21, 2009, 01:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

Thank you both.

Quote from: Sciurus on April 14, 2012, 02:33:23 AM
I'd never thought that Copenhagen hid so many jewels... Very nice photos!

Think there has been more, but as in any living city, some buildings get replaced. Not always for the better.

Here is a few pictures, just around the corner from Christiansborg.

The Danish Nationale Bank (the central bank):

and just on the other side of the road is Holmens Kirke / the Church of Holmen (the islet), the church of the Danish Naval:

Its easy to take pictures of bikes and people biking.
At times it can be hard to take a picture without get a bike in there.
Bikes are everywhere around here. Its over 50 % of the population that lives and works in the city, that bike to work.
If you ask why they do it, they will probably answer: Because its easy and fast to get around the city.

Sciurus

Here in France we don't see so many bikes. Anyway, the authotities are trying to developp this transport mod, because it's ecologic and very easy to use. Unfortunately, we prefered to developp ways for cars in the 60's and 70's instead of common transport or bicycles ways.

For the buildings which replace others; sometimes, we must do it because some bildings are abandonned, and they'll get destroyed.

Once again, thank you for sharing your photos!!

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

vester

Quote from: Sciurus on April 14, 2012, 11:52:54 AM
Here in France we don't see so many bikes. Anyway, the authotities are trying to developp this transport mod, because it's ecologic and very easy to use. Unfortunately, we prefered to developp ways for cars in the 60's and 70's instead of common transport or bicycles ways.

As Copenhagen was one of the first city to adapt the city to need of the cyclists (and pedestrians), some new words has been name after the city:
Copenhagenize, copenhagenization, copenhagen lanes, and copenhagen blue.

Copenhagen lanes are curved of bike lanes, maybe with a parking lane on the outside.
Copenhagen blue is the color of the marking that marks the bike lanes over traffic crosses.

Copenhagen blue:

Here is one principle drawing of how it works:

Taken from copenhagenize.com.

vester

Tiegtens Kollegiet, a student housing in the new neighborhood Ørestad:

art128

Why are student housing so beautiful where I don't live?!

Nice pictures, Arne!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Great pictures again Arne  &apls  Copenhagen is such a beautiful town, I hope I'm able to travel there sometime soon. Very interesting link there too  :thumbsup:

Sciurus

Quote from: art128 on April 15, 2012, 04:28:18 PM
Why are student housing so beautiful where I don't live?!

C'est clair que quand tu regardes les résidences du CROUS... :D
Thank you for the explanations about the bicycles. It's very interesting, I like how the countries of North Europ developp the common transports and bicycles. Maybe one day, you'll meet me there ;D
Wonderful photos and very nice building you took. &apls I would live here when I'll be a student...

L'atelier d'architecture

vester

Here is a few from today, Christiansborg.

Christian IX: "With God for honour and justice"
(1863 – 1906)

There was a nature focus point today, with the flags up. Celebration of the Queens birthday.

Sciurus

Excellent photos. &apls  Is Christiansborg the palace of the Queen?

L'atelier d'architecture

art128

Superb pictures, Arne! Christiansborg is a really nice architectural masterpiece!

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

Quote from: Sciurus on April 17, 2012, 02:03:20 AM
Is Christiansborg the palace of the Queen?

The Queen live at Amalienborg Palace. You might recognize it if you looked up a picture of it.

Christiansborg holds on the other hands the Danish parliament (Folketinget), the Danish Prime Minister's Office and the Danish Supreme Court.
The Queen do have some the Royal Reception Rooms, the palace chapel and the royal stables at Christiansborg.

The Royal family did live on the 1st Palace up until the fire in 1794. When the palace was finished in 1828, King Frederick VI the decided not to move back in from the temporary accommodations at Amalienborg Palace. King Frederick VII live there between 1852-1863 as the only monarch.

The 2nd Christiansborg burned down in 1884. The present palace was between 1907-1928.

The two buildings at the front in the first picture in my previous post is buildnings save from the fire and is from the 1st. Christiansborg.

vester

Double posting. :P

Here is a few shot from a trip last month. Some more night picture. Starting with four pictures from the new neighborhood Ørestad:

From the BIG house shape like an 8.

Here is a picture of a building of the same architects:

The VM mountain. (The house next to it and also by BIG / PLOT is shaped like a V and M :S)

Kastrup Søbad.

vester

Tripel posting. Couldn't help myself. :P

Was out biking to Kastrup Søbad / Kastrup Sea Bath:

Here is some more pictures from the new neighborhood called Ørestad. The BIG house / 8-tallet is placed in the southern part, VM-Mountain is placed in the middle part close by the Bella Centre. The next pictures is taken in the northern part, close by Tiegtens Kollegiet.

The Metro station, DR-Byen. (the DR Town) DR is the Danish national broadcasting corporation.

The buildings in the back is DR-Byen. The blue is the concert hall by Jean Nouvel.

art128

Beautiful photographs, Arne! I loved the pictures with the metro viaducts. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

Thank you Arthur. Glad you like them.
Hope to get around when there is a concert or something in the concert hall. (The blue cube).
When ever there is something going on in the concert hall, its is shown on the outside.

Was out biking again. This time it went north to Hellerup.
Its just on the other side of the municipality border.

"Curved"

"Shattered"

More to come when I have given the pictures some PS'ing.

krbe

Quote from: vester on April 17, 2012, 07:28:32 AM
Christiansborg holds on the other hands the Danish parliament (Folketinget), the Danish Prime Minister's Office and the Danish Supreme Court.
The Queen do have some the Royal Reception Rooms, the palace chapel and the royal stables at Christiansborg.

The only place in the world you'll find the executive, judicial and legislative branch in the same building (as far as democracies go, at least).

rambuckel

What beautiful pictures ... When I was young(er) my parents and I used to travel to "Sjaelland" every year for holiday. We stayed at "Rörvig" and we went to Copenhagen every time we were there. I still have a small table which I found on the street among some bulky waste.

I really enjoyed watching your pictures :)

Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

vester

TY for your comments.

Good to hear enjoyed your stay here. The trip to Rørvig to Copenhagen, is quite a drive.

Still at Hellerup. Here a few more graphical photos:

... and from the inside of the building

Jmouse

I guess it's about time I said something about the wonderful photos you've shown us recently. Every one of them illustrates your flair for dramatic light against shadows, and your flair for angles, curves and combinations thereof. You see things in ways most of us can't, so I'm glad you share your visions with us.

Happy snapping... :)
-Joan

vester

Thank you, Joan.

Been out snapping again.

This is bridge just for bikes and pedestrians. It crosses one of the busy road coming into city.