• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Copenhagen Pictures

Started by vester, August 21, 2009, 01:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

Here is some random picture. A bit abstract maybe:

Stairs seen from below. Don't look to long at it or you up a little daze like I did. :P

One of the Saxo Bank building from Tuborg Harbour.

Some strange round structure at airport. Not sure what it is. Just love the way it reflects the light.

Same building.

Ørestad Gymnasium / High School.

A residential building. Nothing special, just like the colors in the picture.

One leaning hotel, Bella Sky in Ørestad.

Some residential close by Ørestad. Like the big-building (the shape like a 8) reflecting plates on the walls.

The gemini building, its the one at the end of Bryggebroen / the Brygge Bridge.
(Might just have to take some day photo of the bridge and the building)

Kilen - one of Copenhagen Buisness Schools buildings.

EDIT: Welcome to page 9.

Jmouse

I like the abstracts. Truly there is art in architecture, even the more modern versions. These are some really nice – and unusual – photos. "Ørestad Gymnasium" caught my eye as did The gemini building and the stairs.

Good shooting... ;)

vester

Thanks Joan. Glad you like them.

Here is a little "bonus" photo, taken in Dragør:

Chasing...

peter007

You made good pictures of every building here. They're sooo sharp :D
It's very nice to see such a detailed pictures they're a great source of inspiration!
I hope you have more that you want to share with us.

-Ernst

vester

Thank you so much. Much appreciated.

Was by the southern part of the harbour once again.

Teglværksbroen (Brickwork Bridge). Two picture from dusk, when the sun has set, but still lighten up the sky.
First one is from where there were no clouds and in the second there are heave dark clouds. That is what makes up the differnce in the two pictures.

And here after dusk. This one is once again of the Brygge Bridge. The bridge was still wet after some rain.

vester

Here is one from a foggy day. It's of the extension to the Royal Library called the Black Diamond:

It's Langebro (long bridge, one of two road bridges in the city center), you can see mirrored in the glas.

noahclem

Wow, those buildings at the top of this page are spectacular  :o  Bridges are looking great too  :thumbsup:

vester

TY Noah.

Another rainy day:

Jmouse

Your night shots are always attractive, and the bridges are no exception. I continue to admire you eye for stunning lights and reflections. The harbor is lovely.

If you've experimented with reflections in glass before, I'm unaware of it. I hope you'll add it to your list of things to look for, though.

And I love the last one even though it's in a public area. The one in my imagination is not, so that's the one I'll visit in my daydreams.

Great work as always... :)
-Joan

vester

Here is a picture of Rosenborg Slot / Palace (9).

It was builded as a summer residence just outside the city walls.
Now its in the middle of town and its been some time since its been used by the Royals.

Joan: Have been playing around with reflections before, but haven't posted any of them.

Girafe

The Rosenborg Slot / Palace is a project for Carlos, but after Christ Savior  $%Grinno$%
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vester

Quote from: marcszar on May 11, 2012, 03:12:20 PM
I particularly like it when you get a whole bunch of blocks like these, so you can pass from courtyard to courtyard without having to follow the street.

Unfortunately only a few of these are left today. A lot of them are closed of by gates.

Here is a picture of H. C. Ørstedværket, a powerplant:

That is one of the few ships around in the inner harbour.

There are plans of building residential area on both side of the harbour.

Jmouse

Another beautiful night shot. I think it looks better than it would have if  you'd included the whole ship. As it is, the mast, the ropes and the front of the ship itself create a good frame for the reflections and structures in the background.

Good composition...
-Joan

art128

great pictures, Arne!

The one shot in the courtyard reminds me a lot of Simfox's pictures in Gamla Stan. link here
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Kergelen

I love these photos. I usually lurk here and I think it's a very special broadcast, especially at night and near the sea.

And picture of the kids is so beautiful.  A child with shadow and other without shadow. &apls

Links to SC4 websites

vester

TY for your comments.
Glad you like the pictures.

Could to see you around Kergelen.

Here 3 pictures from today:

Gefion Fountain

Yes, that is real canons from the Danish ship of line: Dannebroge.*)
It was blown up in 1710, when it catch fire under a battle.

*): Dannebrog is the name of the Danish flag.

Jmouse

I like the fountain. It's typical of the beautiful historic treasures I've come to associate with Copenhagen, thanks to your photographic chronicle of this elegant city. But you saved the best for last again. It wouldn't surprise me a bit to find out you laid down under the monument to get that dramatic angle. But whatever you did, it was worth the time and trouble.

More, more, more... ;)
-Joan

vester

Here is a litlle more moderrn:

Taken north of the city in Hellerup.

art128

Excellent shot, Arne! I like this one a lot. These pictures are exactly what I try to aim when I shoot.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

Thank you, Arthur. Glad you like the pictures.

Here is one I just took this evening:

DR Concert Hall. (DR: Danish Broadcasting Corporation).

Its that blue box I have posted pictures of earlier.

BTW: Welcome to page 10.