• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Nice pictures, Haljackey and K5! Here are some from me:

This one is photoshopped. I'm glad with the result, hope you like it too (here's the original one to compare them).

A diamond one with raised ramps (sorry for the bad quality)

Another diamond interchange but with sunken
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

metasmurf

I really like the photoshoped one. Looks very realstic in european terms :) Definitly something you could come across here in Sweden!

kj3400

I've got one, and boy is it huge....

I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

tag_one

Wonderful interchanges guys! KJ you interchange looks very complex  &apls

chrisnhl

Hey guys, heres a sweet website to boost your interchange knowlege http://www.palmernet.com/winter04.pdf

Pat

io that is a wonderful job on the photoshopping!!! WOW talk about greatness!!!

Kj your right that is a massive interchange there!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

deathtopumpkins

My latest interchange creation:

A simple trumpet that's since been rebuilt with a few extra ramps, I'll show that soon.
And yes I know there are brown boxes and weaving.  ::) But I don't consider the weaving a problem as the onramp is very lightly used.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

meinhosen

Weaving-shmeaving... it still looks good.

kj and io, those look amazing. 

And io, that's a nice touch with Photoshop... if you had never said anything I'm pretty sure most of us would never have known.
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

MandelSoft

Well, I have three points of critic about DTP's interchange.

1. A on-surface rail crossing on a highway. Personally I would prevent these intersections with an over- or an underpass, because there will occur traffic jams at that point.
2. A on-surface road intersection, just after a trumpet interchange. I think that a parclo is a way better solution here.
3. No signage. This is just a detail. In this situation, people don't know where they are going.

I hope you can use these critics.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

deathtopumpkins

Meinhosen: thanks!

Maarten:
Well I allowed the at-grade intersections because the highway is an expressway... Though since I took that pic I converted that intersection to a diamond. And don't worry, it'll be signed. ;)

chrisnhl

Heres a 2 and a half stack interchange of mine.  I have lots more pictures to show very soon!

chrisnhl

Here is where my hov lane ends downtown and connects with another freeeway.  My Hov lanes started off to be fictional but they seem to be mainly used by trucks so trucks never go on my main road that much.

Here is another view and where it leads to...

Here is another interchange wich uses HOV lanes as well.  I plan for this area to be extremely busy since I have funneled all of my roads towards this interchange.  As for the RHW connection, I still have some kinks to work out.I also almost forgot to mention I added a park and ride option for commuters to park and take a bus downtown. 
Feel free to comment or critique anything!

j-dub

OK. In that case why are the EMIS ramps in the middle so long?

chrisnhl

It's for no reason J dub.  Just to make it look different. I was going to originally make it so that they are elevated the entire time.  When I was in L.A this summer I noticed that the I-10 looked like that where the HOV lanes were elevated due to lack of real estate.

j3r3

Nice everyone. Here's one of mine.
The image is rather big and you can see the edges of the screenshots since its compiled of several ones.
Enjoy:

edit: it was supposed to be 4211x1531 but for some reason i can't get it right on imageshack. anyone?

pagenotfound

Its a little different now but my game crashed before i could take a new picture &sly
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

Ryan B.

Nice job, Rob!  That's really creative - and it works, too!

deathtopumpkins

I have more...  ()flamdev()
My pride n' joy... a new cloverleafy-thingy with very minimal weaving and complete (mostly) with signage and landscaping.

East of that:

And across that river:

(this one's incomplete)

metarvo

Nice work, dtp!  My favorite is the interchange between the RHW-4 and RHW-6C.

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

j-dub

Love the yellow avenue texture most importantly. That yellow texture would look awesome for this situation:

In case you didn't know already, this is a real intersection, if you didn't see the real one in the real life recreations.