• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Team's Super Special Thread for the month of November!!

Started by rooker1, November 01, 2012, 04:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCGAIO

Quote from: RickD on November 21, 2012, 08:34:04 AM
Maarten: NAM has ferries? ()what()

Well .. CAN-AM is not exactly as ferries !

It would be better described as a trick of visual simulation for the transport in canals using the network of buses and trucks

Speaking of him ... there will be something new for the CAN-AM ?

art128

Quote from: NCGAIO on November 21, 2012, 09:43:52 AM
Quote from: art128 on November 21, 2012, 08:34:09 AM

Quote from: RickD on November 21, 2012, 08:34:04 AM
Maarten: NAM has ferries? ()what()

Yep, CAN-AM

Well .. CAN-AM is not exactly as ferries !

It would be better described as a trick of visual simulation for the transport in canals using the network of buses and trucks

Speaking of him ... there will be something new for the CAN-AM ?

But these are ferries. Canal ferries that is.
A ferry is not limited to a large sea.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

sunv123

Oh, so the fourth one was symphony? I didn't know that, i thought it was RHW, or MHW interchanges or something like that because i had seen it somewhere before symphony was announced. That means i missed #1, 4, 5, 8, 11 and 13. Good enough. :P

Yay, I beat Gugu3 on this! ()stsfd() I got 6 wrong and he got 7 wrong.
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

ivo_su

Wow that really is the new icon for future menus NAM 31. Mildly look more than promising and I absolutely adore. Indeed, every day I enjoy it more and more and staying with bated breath, and even begin to dream of the video with the new secret weapon.
NAM make people happy.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Gugu3 on November 21, 2012, 08:03:57 AM
Is the MHW revamp project finished?

What do you think?

Quote from: MandelSoft on November 21, 2012, 08:21:08 AM
Anyway, who can guess what all these icons represent?

My guess without looking at everyone else's: RHW(?), NWM, TuLEPs, PS, ( ? ? ? ), RaBETs, Pedmalls, ( ? ? ? ), CanAM, RAM, Tram, HSR, Tunnels/FLUPs, Bridges, Dual-Networking, FAN, Traffic Simulator, Version Marker.

I stated in our private dev thread about an icon system that isn't a simple picture of what the buttons contained. Did you seriously fulfil that? ;D
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

mattb325

Really amazing stuff going on here, guys: a huge thankyou to each of you for your work in keeping the game fresh after so many years. The new menu icons look brilliant, and I am really looking forward to the revamped highways  &apls

alistersim

Simply amazing work and lots of it! :thumbsup:  As a newer member I am amazed at what you are doing to make the game even more amazing than it already is.  Thank you, thank you , thank you!   &apls

MandelSoft

Well, the icons are made were not intended to be in-game icons (I mean, quite some mods do consist out of multiple components), but more for presentation purposes (watermarks, logos, readme purposes, etc.) ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: MandelSoft on November 21, 2012, 11:38:55 PM
Well, the icons are made were not intended to be in-game icons (I mean, quite some mods do consist out of multiple components), but more for presentation purposes (watermarks, logos, readme purposes, etc.)

Really?

I still think the in-game menu icons deserve to be a combination of the old button system (which I think is insufficient in describing what's what) and what you had.
<INACTIVE>
-----

Gugu3

noahclem

Nice! Is that also our first look at the new ground level wide RHW curves?  :thumbsup:

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: noahclem on November 26, 2012, 02:19:39 AM
Is that also our first look at the new ground level wide RHW curves?

Yes and no. Yes, because it's a wide-radius curve (kinda). No, because it's draggable.

Long story short, it's because of Jondor. He didn't like how squashed the original ortho-diag assembly looked like using a small footprint, so he made a bigger one, and everyone else agreed on it.

Refer to reply #73 on page 4.
<INACTIVE>
-----

sunv123

Daaaaaaang, i kinda forgot about monorail for a second or two.... ::) $%Grinno$%

Hey, is that 7.5m RHW too?
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Indiana Joe

7.5 meter is the new normal.  You can also get 15, 22.5, and 30 meters--choose your flavor.  Sprinkles?

Ridiculously awesome progress.  And I love, love, LOVE the curves.  I've always thought you guys should make them just a little smoother.  I think you should do the same thing for MIS (and you would't really have to sacrifice an extra tile because it's so narrow)

Wiimeiser

I guess it won't be out this year? And in the livestream, were those draggable 45-degree curves, S-curves and FAR?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

Quote from: Wiimeiser on November 26, 2012, 09:00:41 PM
I guess it won't be out this year? And in the livestream, were those draggable 45-degree curves, S-curves and FAR?

We don't do release dates or timelines for release, so it might come out this year, or it might not.  It ultimately depends on how development in the remaining weeks of 2012 goes.  If it's ready, we'll release it, and if it's not, we won't.  Simple as that. $%Grinno$%

As far as what you saw on the livestream, you'll have to wait to find out what that really was.

-Alex