• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commonwealth of Marathon

Started by thundercrack83, November 05, 2008, 02:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

homefryes

Ooh, ooh! I wanna be 1300!

I love that building the the square; and, yes, I'm sure your lotting work will make it sublime, my friend! I too have often looked at RL neighborhoods and other scenarios and imagined fitting them into the game ... so good luck with this area. I look forward to what you do with it!

(I had a distinct feeling that Fig was short for Figaro ... don't know why, but it just came to me before you posted that! He is a cutie!)

-- Don
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

Nexis4Jersey

Excellent Place of the Cathedral in the Square! :thumbsup:

Luke09

Hum...I Think that will be a beauty square(as always)...Will you start to do hum...residentials updates?I love residential development...but that sqare will be nice too  ::)
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

KoV Liberty

I am downloading it now... And that is a nice placeholder too!  :thumbsup: EDIT 2: Have you ever thought about putting an airport into Marathon? The way you design things it would be awesome!  ;)

Alex

EDIT: The parking garages now work!!! Thanks so much!   ;D

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

bat

Great new pictures of the Abitibi Square! And nice work on it!
Also nice new square there! Looking forward to more...

Congrats on 1300 replies and more... ;)

Pat

Dustin I am sooo guilty and I am sorry I scrolled pasted the last posting, I usually read but for someone reason I pasted it on the last update.... I am truly sorry that you have lost your grandma and I know words can't describe anything at all or convey emotions... I want to let you know that if you need a friend we're here for ya's and if you need to shout well then shout to your top of your lungs my friend!!!! But most of all cherrish them memories 

:thumbsup:

now on this newest update I would agree that a relot is in order to fill up the square you got there and you have chosen a great cathedral!!! oooh and BTW,

QuoteWell, I've been thinking about out Portland, OR-inspired symmetry, particularly how development will unfold, and I thought of something...

Shouldn't that be "our" cause that didnt seem to read right, it could be that I am just that tired tonight sitting here at work again for the second night in the row lol....

I am old and not used to working 2 nights in the row like this any more lol... I missing my every other days!! 

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Joan (Jmouse): Hi, Joan! Thank you, my friend! Those diagonals are going to give me some fits, I think, but hopefully, I'll be able come up with something. Hope all is well with you!

Arthur (art128): Thank you, Arthur! I'm happy that you like the new square, as well as Abitibi Square! I agree with you on the eucalyptus trees, too. They are quite big and would make a forest if used too much. Take care!

Maarten (mrtnrln): Yep, another square! Marathon's getting quite square heavy, isn't it! Thanks for stopping by!

Guillaume (Sciurus): Hello, Guillaume, Marathon's French Ambassador! I'm so happy that you like the new idea for the square area, I hope that it will come together as much as the previous ones. Thanks, as always, for your support, my friend, and I'm glad that mon français n'est pas trop épouvantable!

Don (homefryes): And, you got it! Thanks so very much for being our 1300th comment, Don! It's always a pleasure having you here, my friend!

Corey (Nexis4Jersey): Thanks, Corey!

Luke09: Thank you! And don't fret, we'll have residential development, too...I hope! Take care!

Alex (Driftmaster07): Thank you, Alex! I am so happy that we were able to get the parking garages to work out for you, my friend. As for an airport in Marathon, there will definitely be one somewhere, I just have to get it all planned out. Thanks for coming by!

bat: Thank you so much, my friend!

Pat: Thank you for your heartfelt condolences, my friend. But, please don't feel guilty, it's OK! It makes me feel good to know that I have friends like you when times are tough. Thanks so much. And thanks for catching my little mistake there, too! See what happens when you stay up too late? Take care, my friend, and I hope to see you here again!

Well, I've taken a bit of left turn, inspired by our good friend Luke09, who commented on Marathon's residential development...

Most residential development thus far in Marathon has been low-income development on the island—tenements, rowhomes, etc. With the above picture, I've been thinking about more middle-class residential development, whether it be urban, semi-urban, or even suburban. There's residential complexes like this in the Conshohocken, Pennsylvania area, which is in Metropolitan Philadelphia.

Enjoy your weekends, friends!

art128

Those low-income development looks like an university rooms complex !  :D
This is very nice, the repetition isn't too much and the use of the SAM make it looking great.
Also, congrats for passing the 1300 post mark my friend.

Take Care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Great work on that picture! Nice residential development! :thumbsup:

KoV Liberty

I must say that you do a great job designing your areas!  &apls

Alex

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

kimcar

&apls &aplsNice pic Dustin. Look very good even if is low residential area.  :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Once again, not the kind of residential development I'm used to seeing.The photo does look good, though, and and I can certainly understand how an arrangement like that would work well in heavily-populated areas. Now get back to work on that new square of yours!  :)

Later...

Joan

Luke09

Hi Dustin!I liked your "suburban area",the condos combined perfectely with the red texture of SAM  ;D ,and im prouded that you remembered my request!
I NEED HELP DUSTIN!!!!HOW IN THE EARTH I CAN PUT A USERBAR ON MY PROFILE?LIKE YOU DO WITH MARATHON USERBAR???????
Take care,
Luke
PS:Sorry  about caps...
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

carkid1998

Oh very nice!!

You might want to upgrade some of those streets soon, there where some small traffic jams strarting! ;D

PS: where'd you get those residential buildings??
Sendona... Coming soon!

thundercrack83

Arthur (art128): Thank you, Arthur! I thought they looked like university dormitories, too. Maybe they'll find some use as them in future, thanks to you! Take care!

bat: Thanks!

Alex (Driftmaster07): Thanks so much, Alex!

kimcar: Thank you, my friend! Hope to see you again soon!

Joan (Jmouse): Hi, Joan! I'm so glad that you like the latest picture—I'm also glad you're getting a tour of the Northeast, too! Take care, my friend!

Luke (Luke09): Hello, Luke! I'm so happy that you like the residential area, my friend. As for the bar in my profile, it's just a graphic that I made in Photoshop. If that's not what you're talking about, though, let me know, and I'll do my best to help!

carkid1998: Thanks! The streets are pretty jammed up, aren't they? Oh, and the buildings are the Oakendell Lofts by DuskTrooper, over on the STEX. Hope that helps!

Joan (Jmouse), one of Marathon's nearest and dearest friends, said...

Now get back to work on that new square of yours!  Smiley

Ha! Yes, ma'am...

[I

It's in the early stages yet, but I saw your comment, Joan, and just had to post something for you! I'm still planning and trying to figure things out for the 10x10 lot, and then the hard part...all those diagonals!

In a bit!

Alfred.Jones

I haven't posted here for a bit Dustin, but i have been lurking ;)

The road layout in the square looks very challenging!!! :D

Look forward to seeing how you tackle those diagonal parts. More fun in LE is assume? ;D

Sim City 4 Devotion

bat

Nice begin of the LE-work on that church and square!! :thumbsup:

Sciurus

Hello!

Oh, you speak high french, because the word "épouvantable" is a bit used, frenchmen will said raither "Mon français est agréable, joli" or "Mon français n'est pas trop moche", but this is very famliar, particullary the word "moche". So, it's an honour for me to be your french ambassador, I'm very happy &blush. After those little thanks, I wouls say taht your city is very very beauitful, and more again, this is magnificent!!

Guillaume, your french friend :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

homefryes

Dustin, those R§§ apartments are quite nice. I haven't seen them before; can you link to where they can be found? And your work so far on the square has me anticipating what you'll do next!

I may have some help for Luke (Luke09) who posted about signatures:
Quote from: Luke09 on May 02, 2009, 07:45:25 PM
I NEED HELP DUSTIN!!!!HOW IN THE EARTH I CAN PUT A USERBAR ON MY PROFILE?LIKE YOU DO WITH MARATHON USERBAR???????
I had the same question awhile back, and found this information in a search on the SC4D site. One correction that needs to be made to the instructions:
QuoteFirst and foremost, we host your sig image here at SC4D.
Actually YOU host your image elsewhere (on your own web space, or on an image hosting site such as Photobucket, Image Shack, or whatever you prefer to use). Your "signature" (everything you see below someone's post) is created in your profile; however, there are no editing tools there (like you get when you reply here and have all of the tools available). So what you can do is put it together in a post like you do here ... but DON'T POST IT. Insert the picture you've created and add any text you wish. For example, mine consists of a table that contains 3 columns. You can Preview your signature until it looks just right, and then copy all of your text and code from the editing box over to the area in your profile where you edit your signature. I hope you find this explanation helpful and not too confusing to understand. And my apologies to Dustin for highjacking his thread! Send me a PM if you have any further questions.

-- Don
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

MTT9

Dustin,
you've done some great work with the LE. Even if this is the first time i make a comment i've been following your work for a long time. Keep uo this awesome work.
The cathedral looks promising, although i don't like that texture so much. Anyway, thats just my point of view. I can't wait to see it finished!
Matt
You can call me Matt