• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Qumma - From Desert to Rose (June 3rd - The CocoWalk)

Started by nedalezz, August 12, 2007, 10:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedalezz

Apologies for the lack of real updates; this month has been an extremely busy one at work, and obviously, as much as I love Sim City, real life does take precedence!

I managed to have some time to play around today, and began the development of the Fursan Free Zone; the new duty and tax free area new the port open for any company in the world to operate in. The FFZ, as it is called for short, is meant to do two things: continue to strengthen Qumma's growing trade and business sector, bringing in more liquidity into the country, and increase the middle-high class population, causing more spending power, which equals a stronger economy.

The FFZ is modeled after the Jebel Ali Free Zone in Dubai, and with close participation with the Emirati authorities, the launching of the FFZ has been a success. Phase One has already been completed, and work on Phase Two has just begun. International trade in Qumma is predicted to grow 17% by the end of the 15th Year (we are currently in the 13th Year), and with the opening of Phase Two scheduled for the end of the 15th Year, there are no signs of slowing down after that.

Below is the aerial shot of the Fursan Port and the new Fursan Free Zone:

Yoman

This new economic area looks very nice, I'm sure alot of companies will be investing. I do have one suggestion for the port however, you should put in a breakwater, to keep ocean waves out therefore making it alot easier for port operations, all ports have one (unless they are upriver or in a similar situation of course).

paroch

Hi Nedalezz,

The free zone and port are looking good.  Glad to see Berber Dawa is thinking ahead!

Paul

Jmouse

Nice work on the port and FFZ, nedalezz! And I like your ideas for strengthening Fursan's economy. All too often, RL governments want slice of the pie right off the top and fail to see the long-term benefits of curbing their initial greed to wait for better things down the road.

Until the next update...
Joan

thundercrack83

Brilliant port, nedalezz! Just brilliant! And the backstory on the FFZ is great, too--very creative!

Looking forward to more here, as always, my friend!

Dustin

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

bat

warszawa

Totally loving the port and dessert mods, bring on the update! ;D

Alex :thumbsup:
Visit my Warsaw, Poland MD.

nedalezz

Qumma Airways

In order to further enhance Qumma's reputation as a trade and economic hub in the region, the QEC has decided to upgrade and expand Qumma Airways' fleet and routes. The first order of business has been to buy 2 more Boeing 737-800 to go with the one already in operation, bringing the fleet total to 3 aircrafts. It has also expanded its routes to feature Dakar, Algiers, Accra, and Lagos.

Below are the domestic and international route maps for Qumma Airways (please note: Il-Iyun, although not part of Qumman soil, is considered a domestic flight.)

With the added routes, Qumma Airways is expected to serve up to 300,000 passengers in the 14th Year, significantly increasing its current numbers. Berber Dawa International Airport will be expected to serve 400,000 passengers in the 14th Year, thanks to direct flights from Went End and Liberty Islands. Currently, only 3 airlines serve Fursan; the national carriers of West End and Liberty Islands, and Qumma Airways.

Ending the update today will be some information in Qumma Airways:

CURRENT FLEET: 3 BOEING 737-800
AIRCRAFTS ON ORDER: 2 AIRBUS 330-300
PASSENGERS SERVED (13th Year): 82,000
EXPECTED PASSENGERS TO BE SERVED (14h Year): 300,000
ROUTES TO BE INTRODUCED (Pending): Tunis (Tunisia), Bamako (Mali)
REVENUE (13th Year): $25,000,000 (est.)

Jmouse

Kudos to the QEC for its amazing foresight! Expanding the airline fleet and increasing passenger traffic by 365 percent in a single year is a formidable challenge, but one I am certain will pay handsome dividends. Any chance of adding a limited route to The Gambia? ;)

Later...
Joan

paroch

A nice, short but sweet update there Nedalezz.

Qumma is certainly expanding in every direction and WestJet, national carrier of West End, is pleased to announce that the weekly flight from Great Portland to Berber Dawa is proving to be more and more popular.  There are strong rumours that when the new Carnaby International Airport is opened in West End frequency may be increased to two per week.

I also hear that there are charter airlines waiting to bring the fans from Qumma to West End if the team enters the Devo '08 tournament in West End & Balnavia.

Looking forward to more.

Paul

thundercrack83

Yoman

A330s? Looking to go international eh? Will the airport be expanded with the expansion of the airlines?

Pat

nedalezz great last few updates here and also congrats on your second trip to OSITM!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

Hey nedalezz, it's great to see you here for a second "tour of duty." I've been a shamelessly-outspoken fan of Qumma from the first day I saw the tiny village of Fursan clinging to that colorful African coastline. And I still love the completely unique style of your work.

The month of June is filled with promise...

Joan

rooker1

Congratulations, nedalezz, a very well deserved move the OSITM.
I always enjoy an update from you.

&apls

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Nice airway-update there! And also congrats on your second award!!! &apls

nedalezz

Its such an honour to be voted for the 2nd tim as Special Interest MD! I want to thank everyone who has commented and has been a loyal reader of this MD. Ive been caught up alot with work, but I will make as much time as I can to deliver updates frequently during this special month!

UPDATE THIRTY-ONE
THE COCOWALK

Not to be outdone by the Qumma Development Group (QDG) recent activities, the Neumann Group, a privately owned real estate developer from the Liberty Islands, have constructed Qumma's very first shopping mall: The CocoWalk.

With state of the art underground parking facilities, the planning and blueprint of the CocoWalk was impeccable. Situated on the eastern outskirts of town, it expected that the shopping mall will fuel development, which has been primarily exclusive to the coastline, around the area, especially to the business oriented individuals due to its proximity to the business district.

Costing nearly $50 million, this is the Neumann Group's biggest investment in Qumma by a wide margin, but the returns are predicted to be staggering. Renting out shop space for $250 per year for each sq. meter, and with 120,000 sq. meters of rental space, that's $30 million in rental income per year for the group. Ofcourse, this does not include maintenance expenses and such, but even after taking those away, the Neumann Group should see a full return on their investment, at worst, in 3 years.

With tourism industry in Qumma growing at a sizable rate, the tax-free shopping will certainly be a hit to all those who make their way to the capital.

Simpson

Wow your update is magnifical &apls
And félicitation for OSITM &apls &apls
And your city is very réalistic very good  :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas