• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Eagle Island

Started by Cockatoo-210893, January 20, 2008, 07:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooheys

Cockatoo, what can I say but bloody beaut   :thumbsup:

That is one of the best mosaics I have seen, but you really captured my heart with the 3rd last pic, I love those row/townhouses and seeing so many together, beautiful.

Exceptional work and looking forward to more.

Cheers

Dave

jeronij

Cockatoo-210893 , before I forget it, please, do not artificially push the number of posts as you did in the first page. This is not welcome here  $%Grinno$% .  You can create a Table of contents in your first post, and you can directly link every single update there  ;) .

Now, what  ???  ¡¡¡  I have to admit that you have some serious city building and phtoshopping skills. Indeed  :thumbsup:

I dont think I can say which is the best picture.... I really loved all of them. Excellent work. Thanks for sharing it here  &apls
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Cockatoo-210893

•UPDATE THREE  Satelite CBD Part Three  27th JANUARY 2008•

Okay then, here's the third part of the Satellite CBD updates. Just some more assorted images of the area plus a special mosaic that I've spent ages Photoshoping (You'll either like or hate it, some kinda new techniques for me on the clouds and fog front.  :-[) Enjoy the update, and just before we start, I'd like to give a collective thank you for all the nice and well thought through comments that you guys give here, a real nice change from sometimes just getting one worded comments. ;D

Thanks for looking, I'll post the fourth and final part to the Satellite CBD updates soon. In the mean time, here are your...

Replies:
TopCliff:  Thanks TopCliff! I'm really enjoying working with the SAM at the moment, glad you think I'm doing a good job with it. Thanks for coming by.

flame1396:  Ah thank you! Really glad you liked the fire... that took forever to get just right.

Jmouse:  Haha, yep, I just wanted to fill in that area as quickly as possible. I know that the random power line and the un-connected transformers don't really make much sense, I should really re-do that. Hopefully the maps that I put together helped you see how everything fits into the grand scheme, but I do like to mirror my images, it gives a real nice perspective to them.

Pat Riot:  Well thanks! As soon as people see those Buddybud Sunken Rural Highway pieces, they tend to automatically think, AK, because he uses them in just about every one of his cities. I have taken a little inspiration from his work and applied it to this city, but I tried to keep it mostly in my own style. Thanks very much for your nice comments, and I'm real glad that you like my playing style and the fire effects! Hope to see ya back Patriots!

beskhu3epnm:  Well thanks! I really did go out of my way to make sure that the transport network wasn't griddy, yet still flowing. Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad you like what you see!

Bat:  Hey thanks Bat! Glad you liked the mosaic!

kimcar:  Thank you! Good to get so much feedback about the Mosaic, glad you liked it too.

oyd:  Thanks oyd, real glad that you like the night images, my Photoshoping tends to bring them out.

rooker1:  Thanks Robin, those fire effects are very simple to make if you know what you're doing. Basically its just grab a bunch of fire and smoke images off the internet and rub out the backgrounds... well basically, then you have to play with the paint and smudge brushes to make it blend in with the background and brightness / contrast , colour balance ect... you get the idea. Real goad you liked the update and hope to see you back again soon!

thundercrack83:  Wow thanks! It's really great to get feedback like that! Yes, and I have put a fair amount of time into this CJ / MD project so far. Thanks again for your really nice comments!

Krio:  Yep, so far only one large city tile, although keep in mind that this is supposed to be a scaled down CBD, Ofcourse I plan to extend the suburban area's down the river banks to the East and West and eventually into smaller townships.

Pat Riot:  Thanks! Glad you like the region shot, and yes, you should see that ship next to the Maxis one. I think it's actually one of Jeronij's BAT'd ships. Thanks for stopping by again.

Jmouse:  Oh excellent! I made it onto someones desktop! And I'm glad that the region views helped you out, thanks for dropping in again!

Berethor:  Hey thanks! Really glad you liked the updates, hope to see you back again.

Bat:  Thanks again Bat! Good that you've liked what I've done.

thundercrack83:  Well thanks! Good to hear that you like the development of Franklin Sound Inlet so far!

nova vesfalo:  Ah, ST lurkers are popping up on SC4D now eh, that's great! Thank you for your nice comments and really glad you like what I've done so far.

CabraBuitre: Oh yea, well of course. I can't really think of any city that I've been to where the entire city has just been built in the one style. I mean you're gonna have you're Chinese Districts, Ghettos, Wealthy Suburbs, CBD's with all sorts of different styles of architecture.... And the list goes on. People have said that this city has more of an older feel to it, but I still think it's realistic to have mixed and changing styles.

Tooheys:  Yea, thanks mate! (Mate, because you're an Aussie, and yesterday was Australia Day!) I'm real glad that you liked the mosaic and the picture with all the row-homes. Again, thanks for your exceptionally nice comments! Hope to see you back Dave.

Jeronij:  Wow... a comment from the great Jeronij... didn't expect that! Sorry about having to push it over to the next page, although that was honestly so that people didn't have to sit there for 10min and wait for all the pictures to load, nothing to do with me wanting a higher reply count or anything like that (Although it won't happen again, because updates will be smaller than that first big post). Well thanks very much for such a nice comment anyway! Really glad that you liked it and I'm happy to be sharing it on this great site that you've set up.

iamgoingtoeatyou

Wow, all these pictures, and each one so different from the last, with little details. You are a city building diety, and I'm very jealous ! :P That last mosaic took my breath away, especially with that fire. Amazing photoediting &apls

TopCliff

Looks awesome, especially that modern library by Prepo? . Keep it coming dude.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

thundercrack83

More insane pictures! Every time I see one of your updates, I want to fire up SC4 and play all night, but at the same time, never play it again because I can't match your magnificent work! Keep it up, my friend!

Dustin

beskhu3epnm

Awesome again, I can really appreciate the work done to tailor the images... again it creates atmosphere, and actually made it easy for me to return to this MD (which I rarely do!).

That mosiac with the fire... was awesome. Great job :thumbsup:

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

jmyers2043

Every picuture is worht a thousand words. I enjoyed looking through them. I really like the one of the scrap yard. With all the tires, crushed cars, and empty reels. I thought it was very creative.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Mpol

Mate the second image is stunning. You don't know how inspiring your Cj's are! :D I;m off to start my own city. Cheers.

Berethor

Wow, really amazing. I have no words to describe this mosaic   :o
Stunning work!    &apls   &apls

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ MallowTheCloud ♦ HabLeUrG ♦ moganite ♦ Mr Food11 ♦ jplumbley ♦ Vandy ♦ wouanagaine

bat

Yes, fantastic pictures there! And excellent mosaic!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Looking forward to more of your work! ;)

Pat Riot

holy crap! regals on fire! figuratively AND literally.  ;D

Im addicted to this journal because of that glow in your pics. You have to tell me what it is :p Eagle Island has quickly become one of my top 5 MD's. Great start!

tooheys

Hi Cockatoo.

Beautiful work as always. The pic's are great and I really like that library (well I'm guessing that what it is anyway  :) )

The use of rowhouses/townhouses is supurb, although as I mentioned in the photo comp, these are some of my favourite lots  :thumbsup:.

If anything, can I ask what water mod you are using. The boats look like they are floating on air and not water. Anyway, just a minor thing.

This MD should go far.

Cheers

Dave

Krio

Few things bugs me:
You have plopped the Stickmann Department Store twice and they are too too near each other. You could have used ferox's corners to replace second Stickmann.
Highway going up and down, make it going on flat land like they usually go.
Queen Street Corner by Tonks needs something next to it, it does not work (like my Huomisaukio 5 which is Tonkso replica) alone.

Good things:
Subway looks FRESH. Must go there when lunch :P I'm late from school, so I could visit there before going to class ;D
Regal on fire  :thumbsup:

Mpol

tooheys, I think it's the Photoshop manipulation that has dropped the water out. I love the effect though.

kimcar

??? Ok now. I wouldt like that you stop put pics anymore , because i pass more time here to check them and i don`t have anymore time to play ;D
Nan !  Just kidding don`t even think to stop posting them . You are a great artist and great buse of photoshop too. &apls &apls &apls

Jmouse

Love? Hate? Love? Hate?
Gotta go with Love!
I've been out of pocket for a week or so and I'm trying to catch up, so bear with me.
All the photos look great -- the mosaic is awesome -- but for some reason, the garbage dump grabbed my attention. Garbage isn't a pleasant subject, but since it happens it has to be dealt with somehow. Well, you've created a very realistic waste-management area and you have my compliments.

Until next time...
Joan

Masochist

Okay...here I go.

:o

Wow, I can't even begin...

Okay, I think I can...

*Stop looking at those pictures, you'll never get this out!*  All right.  Really, I should ban you from the Picture Contest.  I should.  You should never, ever be allowed to post a picture up against someone else.  It should be ethically unsound, morally wrong and socially unacceptable.  It just...it just wouldn't be fair!  These pictures are just...

Dammit!...well, they're awe-inspiring!  The very first picture, it's just amazing!  The angles produce such an eye-pleasing effect...right up against that awesome park.  The color filter is just so perfect in its subtleness!  I just wish I could swing on that swing!

I think that's something that I noticed in a lot of your pictures: you use a lot of subtle tone-setting effects.  Like the third picture, it looks like you have an almost-unnoticeable light effect right in the middle there, and the slight shadow it gives to each corner is just perfect!

I really appreciate that picture of the car-compacting plant.  That is definitely something new for me to see in SC4...it's cool to showcase it like you do, because it really gives your city a more realistic flair having the grimier, NIMBY-type lots there.

I'd comment on your mosaic, but you'd just get a lot more of

:o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o   :o

In all seriousness, these are some of the best SC4 pictures I have ever seen...and well, I've seen a lot ;).  I could never ban you from that contest, because each and every one of these pictures would be perfectly at home in the Hall of Fame.  I don't know what more to say...inspiring work!  thundercrack83 said it for me: I just want to play after seeing this, but I would be disappointed $%Grinno$%.

One more for the road:

Amazing, sir, simply amazing &apls!
(Under Construction)

NASCAR_Guy

Reminds me of Chicago (one of my favorite cities)

quit possibly the most relistic one I have ever seen on SC$
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

thundercrack83

Congratulations, Cockatoo!

The Staff