• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Dat Packer

Started by wouanagaine, January 16, 2007, 05:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

comptongb

The tool is excellent  &apls

But will it ever be available at ST?

wouanagaine

Grneyes => no, only on the myDocs

comptongb => no, this is an SC4D Exclusive, and ST does not allow me to manage the uploading of tools like here ( the modds&downloads section is only available thru Dirk )

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

jeronij

mydocs
But you can temporary move your folders....pure windows interaction  ;)

Ooops, I missed wngn's post :-[
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

wouanagaine

I have lock the file as there is a little bug around overlay and base texture TGI overlapping

It won't cause any harms to your game, just that you may end with some lots without a base textures

I'll post when it will be fix

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Colyn

Thanks Wouna ... BTW ... I think the BSC Park texture packs also use this duplication of IID's ... I might be very wrong  %wrd
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

bulldog2010

Hey wouanagaine,

I'm having a problem with Dat Packer :'(. I installed it and when I clicked on the icon to open the program, an error window came up and told me to see the .exe logfile in C:/ProgramFiles/SC4 Dat Packer/. I went to look at it and it has a buch of technical stuff that I have no idea about. I am using a trial version of Windows Vista so I ran the program in compatibility mode for Windows XP service pack 2, but that didn't work. I don't know if I missed something and forgive me if I did, I reread the readme a couple of times and this entire topic, but I didn't find anything. This looks like a great tool and I would really like to use it, hopefully you can help me. Thanks in advance!

-Adam

wouanagaine

The best thing to do in that case is to write the content of log file here.
I can tackle with technical stuff :)

I do not have Vista, so if this is related I can't help. Just put the log here and I'll see what I can do

New Horizons Productions

bulldog2010

Wow, that was fast, here it is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "datPacker.py", line 1, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 78, in load_module
  File "datPackerApp.pyo", line 1, in ?
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 91, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd

wouanagaine

well
If you have winrar ( google for it if not ), try to extract library.zip ( do not try with anything else, winzip or any other zipping utility, only winrar can process it ). and see if you have wx/__core__.pyo and wx/__core__.pyd

You may also try to redownload the file when I'll unlock it as you may have an incorrect file

In any case have you tried some of my other tools on Vista ? ( go at ST in the NHP Tools suite ) just to be know if it is a Vista related bug or not.

If it is Vista related, ( ie none of the tools works ). I 'll have to find how to turn a python file into a Vista executable ( if possible )

New Horizons Productions

bulldog2010

Okay, I looked into the folder wx and found the that I have the two files, but on mine it is spelled _core.pyo instead of what you typed: _core_.pyo I don't know if you meant to type that or not, but nevertheless, I tried to rename it to what you had typed and it gave me an error message saying that the file was corrupted. But regardless of that problem I am now pretty sure it's Vista that's giving me the problem because I downloaded SC4 Mapper and it gave me the same error and I went on my brother's computer which has XP, it ran fine. The funny thing is that I could have sworn I used SC4 Mapper before on this computer, but that might have been before I got Vista on it.

wouanagaine

Thx, I'll try to get a new python to exe file and see if it works on Vista ( google does not help me much on that :( )

PS : If anyone has a way to test the tool on Vista, please report if it crash or not

You're right, I made a typo, the files are
_core_.pyd
_core.pyo

New Horizons Productions

bulldog2010

Well now I'm even more confused, I just downloaded your program clip2pic and that works fine. Do all the programs run the same way or something and if one didn't run, the others wouldn't either?  #?¿?¿?$

wouanagaine

That make me think

The clip2pic is the only one that do not interfer with any SC4 files
But the error is not related to that :(

New Horizons Productions

CrazyChickenSC12

Hey, Awesome tool youve created if only I could get it to work..I start it up then set it up by checkning the files I want compressed etc. Hit start...it runs for a big and then all the sudden crashes no error msgs or anything just the windows message saying this program has encountered an error and need to be shut down etc. Im using windows XP so...any help would be appreciated  ;D

CabraBuitre

One question about the datpacker...

So, I gather from the discussion that it creates dat files for each sub folder, and this speeds up the game considerably.  Am I to assume then if there are NO sub folders then it will create just a single large dat, speeding the game up even more?

I have 21 subfolders, of which the majority have several (10+) subfolders, which in turn have several subfolders... etc.  If I decreased some of these child folders, would it improve my speed by creating fewer dats and thus having fewer files to open?

Check out Abelfarei!

wouanagaine

Crazy => Can you check if you have a .log file on the installation folder ? and put the content of that file here
I must also confess that I do not test for enough free HD space, and that may cause a crash, you should have at least same size of your plugins folder as free space

CabraBuitre => if you have 21 subfolders, it will create 21 mega packs, no matter how much subfolders you have in each of those root subfolders
For example the BSC folder useally get a long list of subfolders, the tool will only create a BSC.dat file which include everything found in BSC folder and subs

New Horizons Productions

CrazyChickenSC12

There is no .log file in the SC4DatPacker folder which resides in Programfiles/sc4datpacker, there is a library.zip folder which it says is invalid or corrupted...I have 2.17free HD space and plugins is is around 1.7 gb or so..Also would having like a readme or anything out of the ordinary in the plugins effect this?

wouanagaine

NEW VERSION AVAILABLE

I have fix the bug ( hopefully, seems to works correctly now on testers systems )

This does not resolve vista bug however

If you redownload it, ( I encourage you to do so ). delete your compressed plugins and rerun the tool, or check every folder to force rebuild

Crazy => the tool looks only for .dat .sc4lot .sc4model .sc4Desc, if you have something else it should not interfere
the zip file is ok, no matter what your unzip program tells you :), it can only be open by winrar
Did the tool created some packs and crash on a certain folder ? in that case, try to move that folder outside your plugin, and rerun the tool to see if the error occurs on a specific folder/file

New Horizons Productions

bat

Thanks for fixing this problem!

btw, A wonderful tool!

Alek King of SC4

After downloading friday night I am 100% sure that this is the BEST thing ever.  I am crazy about this game all over, no more zoom crash, no more crash period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must have played....10 hours plus this weekend with not a single crash, not to mention i was switching in and out of cities with ease. (very important with my building style to allow demands to balance out and get raised.)

I was very skeptical that i would notice any speed difference needless to say that was proven wrong instantly, not to mention i had no idea it would fix the crash issues completely.  :thumbsup:

AWESOME this is absoulutely stunning and you have given me the drive to add even more content to my game, i cannot say how cool this is.  &apls &apls &dance