• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Verona. | Update

Started by Shadow, January 14, 2009, 11:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Welcome on the topic of Verona !  ;)

Image that is in the HOF  ;D

Now, the old images

Mosaic :

Thank you !  ;D

I resized your images, they should be no wider than 1024 and no higher than 800, please, Robin  :thumbsup:

Okay, sorry, but I don't know... I go to read the 'Regulation', if i find...  :D

Simpson

Hi my friend
Nice to see you here. Also, as well, I love your city.
The first picture is absolutely fantastic and so réalistic.
I'm looking forward to the next update

Take care,

David
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

rooker1

You are off to a great start. 
I can't wait to see your next update.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Nexis4Jersey

Nice Nite time update ;) , although the pictures are a little to dark ()sad()

Shadow

Little update :

:)
Resized pics, Robin :thumbsup:

bat

Great pictures there! And also nice start of your MD!
Looking forward to more...

Shadow

Thank you... Bat...  ;)
____________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't know if you know, but this time takes place Les Lamas D'Or TSC 2009 (On TSC, of course...  ;))

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Update

Resized pics, Robin :thumbsup:

CraigKingOfIreland

WOW!!! Like, really wow  ;D You've done a really amazing job here, I look forward to more  :thumbsup:

edit: Can you tell me where to find the stadium from the region pic, or better yet provide me with a link to the website please :)

rooker1

Hello Shadow,

This update looks great.  Your city looks very well planned out, very obvious by looking at the very last picture.

PS, sorry I wasn't perfectly clear before, but max size of a picture should be 1024x800 unless you are making a mosaic.

Anyways, I look forward to your next update.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

art128

Craig, the stadium is from Ks_Japan website here. :thumbsup:
As for your pictures Florian, they are fantastic my friend, I really love the commercial district.  &apls
Good luck for the Lamas D'Or.  :P

Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

ElPhantasmo69

The stadium could also be Madison Square Garden...

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=16338&v=1

Great pics! Verona's shaping up very nicely! Looking forward to more.  :thumbsup:

urban

I think it looks weird if you have those autumn trees,
and right next to it very lush green ones :P
And I think the plaza around the palace is well done, but the palace does not fit in there
the spanish royal palace is actually sorrounded by parks,
and I think most of the European palaces are :P
Further I think that Downtown is too densly especially if you have such
a wide highway with big green areas around it.

Those are just some ideas to make it more realistic,
nevertheless I think your use of the european bulidings is well done :)

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

SimFox

Actually what make it look odd (Spanish Palace) is that it is ridiculously scaled... It should be 10x10 not 4x4... you fix that and it would look much better in any environment.
But as far as this application of it's goes I think that dark and very cartoonish styled paving chosen is the main problem.

This palace would look odd just about anywhere for reasons mentioned above. But this issue would be minimized if no "measuring sticks" like lamp posts or hugelly oversized parasols would be placed near it...
Green grass with some smaller trees (like suggested by Urban) would be most sensible choice..

Ennedi

Very interesting start! :thumbsup:

The last pic in the first update (with the Russian monument) is very original and looks great.
I like also the first picture of your second update with wide alleys.
The general view looks very impressive and we can expect more intersting updates looking at it, you definitely have great imagination  &apls

I see the Spanish Palace caused various feelings  :D
Generally I agree with Simfox, it is ridiculously underscaled. But the whole concept of this plaza is very good and good performed with these wide road curves (although I again agree with Simfox about pavements, I could add - a bit less fountains would be better  :)). What could fit here? There are many places in European cities which look a bit strange because an unique ancient building stays on the empty area and looks out of places. It is usually caused by war damages. It happened very often that the surrounding of such building was destroyed, and this one building remained - or it was recognized as especially valuable landmark and carefully restored. So it's nothing unusual to see an original building in the centre of a large plaza.
Maybe try something like Berliner Dom, or similar building? Of course it's my subjective opinion  :)

Adam

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Simpson

Super màj l'ami, comme d'hab' et la vue générale est très joli

Super update my friend, as well and the general picture is very beautiful  :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Sciurus

Why I didn't see this update? Maybe it was very far from the first topic, but now, I saw, and I can say it is still beautiful!  &apls &apls
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *