• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Lightning

Eventually.

Anyone want to take a guess?
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

k808j

You are such a tease  ;). It looks like an EL-MIS curve over slip road.

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Blue Lightning on June 16, 2010, 11:12:37 AM
Anyone want to take a guess?

Improved FLEXFly capabilities for that so that you don't get missing FLEXFly bits and other FLEXFly "guts" that fall OUTSIDE of the FLEXFly itself...

(I tried recreating that for myself...)
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Blue Lightning

Maarten you're cheating  :D

Though in other news, FLEXFly's stability is also been increased dramatically... at least in the parts I've recoded. Still have a lot more to do, so it might be in 4.1 or 4.2.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

el_cozu

my first guess would've been 45º flexfly

Rionescu

Very nice, too bad I won't use it much. Will it ever be possible to choose between A/B or C/D exits for the RHW-4 DRIs? I use C and D exits whenever possible, and being able to use DRIs would be great.

Tarkus

Quote from: Rionescu on June 16, 2010, 04:58:55 PM
Very nice, too bad I won't use it much. Will it ever be possible to choose between A/B or C/D exits for the RHW-4 DRIs? I use C and D exits whenever possible, and being able to use DRIs would be great.

Yes, the DRIs are planned to be expanded to include C and D-type ramps in the near future--I'd say by Version 4.2 at the latest, if not 4.1.  I had done a little groundwork with them before 4.0 (in fact, if you look in some of the files, you'll see little pieces of them ::)), but they were still a bit unstable and some implementation details still needed to be worked out, so they didn't make the cut.

And I may as well show off a few things I've had in development here for 4.1, now that RL's slowed back down.

And before anyone asks, that functionality exists for all the Wider RHWs now.

I know some folks expressed some concern that when we changed the "R" in RHW to mean "Real", that it meant the "rural" aspects would be taken out of the mod.  Well, as these pictures will show, not only has the "rural" stayed in tact, the functionality on that end has actually been expanded even further. 

Introducing RHW-2 and RHW-4 TuLEPs:

These TuLEPs, like all future TuLEPs, utilize modular flat-model arrow overlays, greatly reducing the number of required textures (and thus, filesize) as well as allowing for interchangeable arrow textures across multiple texture sets.

Finally, I've been working up a few more splitters, including the "full Y" splitters that have been on the drawing board since 2007:

(a little pixel offset to fix here still)

And don't worry--we haven't forgotten about the planned 4.0.5 "bugfix" release.  It's still on the docket.

-Alex

TmiguelT

I have a broken jaw cause it fell right off my head...  :o

You done it again NAM Team &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

GDO29Anagram

It's good to know that there's more RHW features being developed (Especially the additional RHW-4 splitter ramps; I'll definitely find them handy...), but honestly I didn't know development would go that fast (Maybe it's because we're dealing with features going into Version 4.1 or 4.2 or whatever...)...

To Tarkus and others, keep it up! :thumbsup: Who knows how far the RHW will go...?
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Blue Lightning

I think its about time we had these.

And look out, we might have something half of a quarter of a circle coming ;)
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

metarvo

Building on that thought, we can do some math here.  Since a circle's measure is 360°,

360° × ½ = 180°

180° × ¼ = ... ;D

Oh, yes!  This would be the icing on the already amazing cake of new RHW components that have been unveiled today.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Nego

Oh WOW!!! These are amazing development pics! The progression of FLEXFly, as well as new TuLEPs and ramps really show the progression of the RHW and all of the work you guys put into it! &apls &apls &apls You guys are AMAZING! I can't wait for the release of all these new components of the RHW.

Just two things:
One: Will hatching ever be put onto TuLEPs like this:

Two:Blue Lightning, ware did those road cul-de-sacs?

:)

EDIT: Happy 500th post, Blue Lightning! ;)

swamp_ig

Here's my first contribution to transit modding!

jdenm8

Swamp, I was just thinking this morning that we need curving ramps.
Looks like I don't need to ask any more! They look perfect for an urban environment.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

MandelSoft

Swamp, you're work isn't left unnoticed for the NAM Team. Splendid work!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

MOREOPTIONS

Now thats what the Doc ordered,. Love them curved rams,. would love to put them in use....  Will not even ask when we get them, as i know these things are all on the plans.... &apls ()testing()

swamp_ig would love to give them a try if you care to shoot me over a coppy :-)

swamp_ig

Well the curved ramps are all finished and working for me now. I've emailed the DATs on to Tarkus, so I guess it's just a matter of waiting for the next release when they get included.

Nego

Swamp, those are excellent ramps! Ware did you learn to do that? Seriously. I can't wait for one of those to be in my cities. You must of put a lot of work into these! &apls &apls &apls

Just two things:
One: Will hatching ever be put onto TuLEPs like this:

Two:Blue Lightning, ware did those road cul-de-sacs?

:)

Blue Lightning

Nego: Adding hatchings shouldn't be too hard, but they would be released separately from the RHW as a cosmetic mod. Also, those road culdesacs are from an unfinished texture facelift mod.

Swamp: As maarten said, we've taken notice ;) Wonderful work!
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project