• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

God Terraforming in Mayor Mode (GTM)

Started by Jonathan, July 04, 2008, 02:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caronte22

I think I found a little issue with your mod. I sometimes run SC4 in a window at 800x600 resolution, and the game seems to load a different UI for that resolution. The result is no god mode tools in mayor mode. Look.

And it works just fine in 1024x768.

Jonathan

Maxis made two different UIs, one for 800x600 and one for all higher resolutions, I didn't make a version for 800x600, becauseI didn't think many people ran the game in 800x600, but if I am wrong and quite a few people do, I'll get around to make a version for 800x600 as well.

catty

Thank You Warrior  &apls

this is a great Mod, I'm using it every time I play the game and it works brilliantly  :thumbsup:
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

caronte22

Quote from: Warrior on July 19, 2008, 11:04:15 PM
Maxis made two different UIs, one for 800x600 and one for all higher resolutions, I didn't make a version for 800x600, becauseI didn't think many people ran the game in 800x600, but if I am wrong and quite a few people do, I'll get around to make a version for 800x600 as well.

For me it is not much of an issue, I only go to 800x600 when testing certain mods and for taking pictures, I don't think it is worth the extra effort making a version for an almost obsolete resolution.

Crestflame

Hello,
speaking of God Mode in Mayor mode, does anyone think it's possible to lower the level of the city during mayor mode without demolishing everything? I really need to lower the level back to green texture (now it's yellow) while preserving my city, anyone have any thoughts?

dragonshardz

no it's not possible, that tool will demolish your city no matter what mode you are in.

LuscaFusca

Hi guys...
I'm kinda new to SC4 editing but I want to help somehow and as this great add-on don't have a portuguese translation, I want to contribute with it, but I don't know how to edit the Locales.dat...
So, if someone could help me to do, I would be happy to translate it...
See ya...

dragonshardz

LuscaFucsa, this is probably the wrong place to ask. I would recommend going to international support or modding and asking there.

Korot

You have to use the reader to do it. If you give me the Portuguese translations of the words 'God' and 'Mayor', I could make the version for you and send it to warrior, so he can upload it. Though he can also do it himself for that matter.

Don't have time for detailed tutorial, but when you have loaded the locales.dat in the reader, copy two LTEXT files (preferably the English ones), one having mayor in it, the other God, and alter the words to their Portuguese translations. Be sure to hit the Apply button! If you used the English version, that is all work that is needed.

Regards,
Korot

Edit: Thankfully, there exists babelfish to translate the required words. If I just new how to attach files, I could upload it here for you.

dragonshardz

At the bottom of the post writing bit there's the words "Additional Options." Click on that, then it's pretty simple from there.

Korot

Clicks on words.
I only see the following things:
  • Notify me of replies
  • Return to this topic
  • Don't use simleys
No attach file button or something.

Regards,
Korot

Andreas

Maybe there's something wrong with the permissions. Contact an admin, they can have a look if there's a bad setting somewhere.
Andreas

dragonshardz

Korot

I contacted jeronij, I hope he'll be able to do something about it.

Regards,
Korot