• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mariuszd

Will be more types of left hand (inside) exits in 4.2?

Tarkus

Quote from: mariuszd on October 02, 2010, 12:49:02 PM
Will be more types of left hand (inside) exits in 4.2?

Uncertain at this time.  There are more planned, but there's been no development on new inside ramp types as of late, so I'd say more likely around mid-4.x series, like 4.3 or 4.4

-Alex

Blue Lightning

Made this in about ten minutes... its for RHW-6S, 8S, and 10S.

Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

GDO29Anagram

You know, Blue Lightning, that looks great.

iFound through the DRIs that for the RHW-4 Inside A Ramp, there's a DRI-only B version of that ramp. iFigured that could be applied to inside ramps for all types of RHW widths, and (Someone probably already said this before) a FARHW inside ramp for these things; That would be a great contribution to the selection of ramps we have. (IE, In addition to Inside A-Ramps for everything else, Inside B-Ramps, and Inside F-Ramps should be considered/planned.)

Quick question: Blue Lightning, are you the developer of the DarkPhalt Textures I once saw on this thread? If so, I'm just wondering what happened to that...
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Blue Lightning

Yeah, I'm that guy. Its been sorta slowly progressing. I've been unhappy (until recently) on how I've been doing the streaks. Origionally it was a gradient path, but required extra stroking in photoshop for curves, then I moved to completely stroked in photoshop, then I moved to a vector streak, which is what I'm doing everything in now. Its a lot faster to make textures now and it looks better.

In fact, I'll post up an example sometime soon...
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

jdenm8

Hm... Nice. Another tool to confuse tourists with  ;D

And, long story short, I was bored:

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Nego

:blahblah: &opr This is an important announcement! &opr :blahblah:

If anybody hasn't yet noticed, the RHW Regional Transport Map by jondor is now out on the STEX! It is "A mod that allows for RealHighway networks to appear on the Regional Transportation View, something once thought impossible." So get it today! :P

j-dub

Fantastic! But I will have to wait another day after school later.

jondor

Quote from: Nego on October 03, 2010, 06:51:30 AM
:blahblah: &opr This is an important announcement! &opr :blahblah:

If anybody hasn't yet noticed, the RHW Regional Transport Map by jondor is now out on the STEX! It is "A mod that allows for RealHighway networks to appear on the Regional Transportation View, something once thought impossible." So get it today! :P

Thanks for announcing it for me here, I had planned on it, but it slipped my mind at the last minute.  :-[
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

mariuszd

Quote from: Blue Lightning on October 02, 2010, 07:50:49 PM
Made this in about ten minutes... its for RHW-6S, 8S, and 10S.

Can you create it with acceleration/deceleration lines?

Will diagonal mis on slope/rhw 4 ground to elevated be possible in 4.2 or later? 

jdenm8

In other news... I was bored again :P

That's both now.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

samerton

Blue Lightning

Looking good there!

Just a look at what's going on on the Darkphalt end...

A Ramps
Exit:

Entrance:

Unfortunately, due to how the piece is laid out, the dividing gore has to look like that &mmm I wish I could do it properly, but that would require re-RULing the piece just for Darkphalt, which would really be impractical. Other ramps shouldn't look as bad though.

EDIT: Progress so far on the B Exit ramp
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

debutterfly

Quote from: Blue Lightning on October 09, 2010, 12:06:48 PM
Looking good there!

Just a look at what's going on on the Darkphalt end...

A Ramps

Unfortunately, due to how the piece is laid out, the dividing gore has to look like that &mmm I wish I could do it properly, but that would require re-RULing the piece just for Darkphalt, which would really be impractical. Other ramps shouldn't look as bad though.

I've seen the second layout in real life but for entry ramps only.

Larry (debutterfly)

Shadow Assassin

QuoteUnfortunately, due to how the piece is laid out, the dividing gore has to look like that

How do you mean? I thought alternate textures had been RULed in for the draggable ramp interfaces for this exact same situation...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Blue Lightning

I was mainly referring to the A ramp, on how the markings on the mainline for the gore have to end, since the bottom right tile is a starter stub. The DRI's have the same layout. The puzzle pieces might be exit texture only (maybe I could do what Maarten did for the Euro mod), but the DRIs will use the corresponding texture.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

MandelSoft

Well, when I tried to mod the DRIs the other day, I discovered that the onramp and offramp have a different texture. I modded some textures and thought it was done, except for a few bugs. Then I found out that it only worked in one direction. So even the DRIs can have different on- and offramp textures...

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Tarkus

The DRIs are indeed designed as such to allow chevroning.  The textures/paths with the seventh digit in the range 0-7 are for the exits (entrances in LHD) and the ones in the range 8-F are for entrances (exits in LHD).

-Alex

Blue Lightning

I'm quite aware of that, in fact in one of the old Darkphalts I had, before we announced the DRIs...

But my main issue is again, the fact that the texture can only apply to the "#" tiles:

##
##
#.

Notice how the A ramp thick line ends on the mainline extremely quickly, and that only 2 hatchings are on the exit gore (in above post). The B ramp suffers from it too, but not as much. Also partially why the hatchings are reversed in the above image, it was done so that I could make it look at least a little more realistic.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Highrise99