• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Marcszar's BATs

Started by marcszar, March 24, 2007, 06:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ky72x

It doesn't work :P, but thanks anyway, Barby.  I found it pretty quickly, even without the link.  Living proof of how handy the category search is on the LEX. :)

tag_one

Looks great :thumbsup:
My only concern is the hight of the fences around the basketball court. Especially the once behind the 'goal' (or whatever its called). I've someones misses it the basketball will be thrown off the building. That would be quite an annoying interruption of the game and also no fun for the people on the street ;)

Zaphod

^^^
I wonder how often that kind of thing happened on purpose?

Anyways, nice job. I can imagine you've been busy, no rush
War Kittens !?

dmscopio

&apls
very nice details on the roof and the windows! love those textures! keep it up!
for more BAT downloads: www.davidluart.com

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ Vandy
wouanagaine

Alfred.Jones

Thats looking very nice :thumbsup:

Love the details in the windows ;)

Sim City 4 Devotion

tag_one

Great work Marc  :thumbsup:
Especially the windows are very nice  ;)

jacqulina

sebes

Excellent housing projects Marc - cannot wait to have them in my Nieuw Nederland cities  ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Ehanson

Excellent work as always.

I was waiting for you to show a picture of the X shaped towers. The Maxis ones never really did their real life counterparts any justice, as they were half the tower.

Now I can make Co-op City in the Bronx.

WillG_75

Wow- great work Marc, I feel like I'm in Stuyvesant :thumbsup:

rushman5

Oh wow, those are really superior to the maxis ones!  I especially like the variable base at the bottom of the tower as well as the central elevator roof design

nova vesfalo

It's amazing and funy, i just live next to Bedford-Stuyvesant blocks !

SimFox

This looks smashing! &apls
It really does! I love the stile and what it represented at the time - believe in new bright future that would be delivered by science and progress any moment now (well any moment then...) There hasn't been such a clear expression of optimism in architecture ever either before or since... I guess this "silliness" is one of the reason the stile had become so despized later when "milk turned sour".

One question though... Looking at the building I'm a bit confused about windows... Are the suppose to be a bit recessed? Or are they lye at the same plane as the "brick" bits between them?

Ehanson

Well done Marc. :thumbsup:

Absolutely fantastic job with all these BAT's. As for the color of highrise public housing in New York, there's towers with dark red brick, medium brown and even light brown towers like Co-op City.

I'm looking forward to those Bronx rowhouses. I like the authentic color variations. BTW, at first I thought that picture from YouCity was another project of yours.

Keep up the great work.

toxicpiano

The Metropolitan Borough of Paddington no longer exists as it was merged with others to create the city (borough) of Westminster in 1965. Looking at the photos (the roof details and sticky out bits) I think it's probably this estate here:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b294/toxicpiano/Picture1-8.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b294/toxicpiano/Picture2-3.jpg
I'm afraid I couldn't tell you the name.

If you're interested in brutalist buildings in London here's a lovely collection of photos:
http://fiveprime.org/hivemind/Tags/1960s,brutalist
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

bat

Fantastic work there on these buildings!  :thumbsup:
The larger house blocks looking beautiful, too.

dmscopio

fantastic works! those residential buildings looks very east European. thanks for sharing!
for more BAT downloads: www.davidluart.com

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ Vandy
wouanagaine

art128

excellent work marcszar  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Gwail

There are / were many NY-familiar BATers and they've made many fabulous NY landmarks. But the Marc's sets significally make the city looks like real Big Apple ;).

Marc, you will release diagonal versions of X-block, for custom lotting, won't you :)?
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

b22rian

hello

Ive down loaded and installed NYC housing projects set 1 from the lex..
Ive tried several of the different zone sizes in 3 different cities of mine of various populations..
the largest city being 1 and a quarter million, but have been unable so far to get a single one of the
zones to grow anything yet.. Pretty much Ive tried all the different zone sizes 5 X 5
10 X 5, 15 X 5 .. ect in different locations.. Im using the cam also...
Im not trying to brag but ive played the game a long time and ive usually been successful at getting something
to grow that ive wanted to see in my cities..

Any help or hints would be most appreciated.. these look very nice ..

Thanks , Brian