• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

ÆRDEN ~ new streets!

Started by vortext, May 31, 2013, 11:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

Can you spot the differences?  ;)

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Vizoria

mak

Wow, looks great!

As a side note, I absolutely love the scattered props with different angles. It really makes me forget that SimCity 4 is an (originally) isometric game.

Can't wait to see more. :thumbsup:

feyss

I can only approve this  $%Grinno$%

Nanami

Wait... I failed to recognize the difference. what is it? Maybe because its just too awesome? :thumbsup:

Simmer2

More goats in the pens? Lovely scene regardless  &apls

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Themistokles

Beautiful, as always. :) Step by step, you make the city bustling, just like a mediaeval town ought to be. It looks really natural, the way there's something going on everywhere.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

vortext

Quote from: kbieniu7 on January 29, 2017, 08:54:30 AM
Quote from: vortext on January 29, 2017, 06:39:25 AMPretty much hit the nail on the head. I got so many idea's behind how & why the region developed but writing it all down as an interesting 'rpg' history with fiction and real history intertwined as I initially intended is just, well, too much work frankly. Thanks for the kind words!

Yeah, maybe start with sharing a region view with all places named. And described in few words (if you have some more than just Traelonisk) :) Anyway, your MD is quite slowly walking, so it would be easy enough to keep up with even bigger descriptions.

Quote from: vortext on January 29, 2017, 06:39:25 AMShould be pretty obvious what the plans here are, right?!
A motorway!

Oh, wait... not this story...

So, I can see a place for another town or village with a port or docks ;) And now techincally speaking - I love the nature and this wilderness around... making me imagine how did it look like back then  &Thk/(  Please, make an update that goes along this river, show more of the nature and single settlements!

Thanks for encouraging words and ideas! And yeah definitely slow walking.  :D

Quote from: Sciurus on January 30, 2017, 01:12:30 AM
Your landscapes are so lovely &apls &apls

Thank you!

Quote from: Vizoria on January 30, 2017, 02:25:16 AM
Yet more Medieval awesomeness! Nice one.

Thanks!

Quote from: brick_mortimer on January 31, 2017, 04:02:24 AM
My historian's heart rejoices when I see such a beautiful medieval landscape  ;D

That's a pleasure to hear, thanks!

Quote from: Nanami on February 01, 2017, 01:52:49 PM
Middle ages-era styled Simcity 4 picture... Never think this actually working really well. these are really nicely done work.

Thank you!

Quote from: Vizoria on February 27, 2017, 01:04:04 PM
Nice!  &hlp

Please be careful with explosion and fire around timberframe houses.  $%Grinno$% Thanks!

Quote from: mak on February 27, 2017, 06:32:24 PM
Wow, looks great!

As a side note, I absolutely love the scattered props with different angles. It really makes me forget that SimCity 4 is an (originally) isometric game.

Can't wait to see more. :thumbsup:

Thank you!

Quote from: Nanami on March 03, 2017, 06:34:25 AM
Wait... I failed to recognize the difference. what is it? Maybe because its just too awesome? :thumbsup:

Well. . hm yeah. . no, can't think of a good hint at the moment so I'm not gonna spoil the surprise just yet. Thanks!

Quote from: Simmer2 on March 03, 2017, 07:13:04 AM
More goats in the pens? Lovely scene regardless  &apls

Nick

No not it, however, there was more sawdust at the lumber mill!  $%Grinno$% Thank you!

Quote from: Themistokles on March 03, 2017, 12:00:36 PM
Beautiful, as always. :) Step by step, you make the city bustling, just like a mediaeval town ought to be. It looks really natural, the way there's something going on everywhere.

Yeah building this is kinda like a pilgrimage in its own right.  Thanks!

Small update for today. Now admittedly I was being particularly obnoxious with the sneak peek, however, I'm not gonna unveil the changes hinted at just yet as there's still some lotting to be done. Instead we'll be looking at some other changes the city has seen.   

Was a bit worried how to fill out this diagonal bit but it has turned out quite nice. As you may have noticed I've introduced cobble stone roads. Probably gonna change the sidewalk as well, however, it's not as easy as switching out just 4 textures since I'm using a custom version of CP's sidewalk compliant textures. So in other words I'll have to generate a new version to go along.

Meanwhile I'm positively in love with Nick's sandstone pavers, they are such a perfect fit! So much so I started to pave all the paths. However halfway through I realised it may not be the best idea to do this everywhere because it's really hard, if not impossible now to place additional MMPs on the paths. . doh!   ::)

And that it's for today, thanks for reading. Bye!  :)
time flies like a bird

Simmer2

Quote from: vortext on March 04, 2017, 08:06:45 AM

Meanwhile I'm positively in love with Nick's sandstone pavers, they are such a perfect fit! So much so I started to pave all the paths. However halfway through I realised it may not be the best idea to do this everywhere because it's really hard, if not impossible now to place additional MMPs on the paths. . doh!   ::)

Hello Erik.

I absolutely love your work  &apls

I could make a special version of my pavers so you could ad other MMPs on top of them.
Let me experiment with my models a bit and I will get back to you.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

kbieniu7

Hey Erik!

Very cool shots! Waiting for an industrial revolution upcoming!  &hlp Haha, joke :p
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Simcoug

I don't get to visit here as often as I would like, but I'm happy to see new progress in my favorite historical documentary  :thumbsup:
BTW, I'll be in Amsterdam in the end of July - unfortunately it will only be a quick layover  :(
I'll be sure to wave from the airplane   ;)

mgb204

Quote from: vortext on March 04, 2017, 08:06:45 AMWas a bit worried how to fill out this diagonal bit but it has turned out quite nice. As you may have noticed I've introduced cobble stone roads. Probably gonna change the sidewalk as well, however, it's not as easy as switching out just 4 textures since I'm using a custom version of CP's sidewalk compliant textures. So in other words I'll have to generate a new version to go along.

If you mean SCLIT, I have a GoFSH repository for that. So you can automate a custom replacement with ease. If you want a copy, you just need to ask :).

Great work as always.

vortext

Welp I just realized the date but no, this is assuredly not an April fools joke!  :D

I've split the BATs out in two files: the houses available here and the farm models, available here.

Hope to be back shortly with replies and a long overdue regional update. In the meanwhile I hope you enjoy JENX' models! 

time flies like a bird

Simmer2

Thanks for releasing those BAT's  &apls

Regarding the MMP's trick for overlaying MMP's I have made some progress. I will let you know more soon in a PM.

Nick

bombardiere

Thank you for upload these Jenx's models.  &apls I have been waiting these since I first saw your previews. :) I have not playing my medieval city for a your so perhaps it is time to start it again. :)  A lot of lotting to do however, as I play and grown my cities.

By the way your cobblestone textures. Are those road or street textures? The NAM has some good SAM replacement for historic cities, but I would want something to replace standard black asphalt road textures.

Simcoug

Congrats on the JENX release!  Thanks for doing the dirty work getting them into prop families.   :thumbsup:

noahclem

Fantastic work as always  &apls  Very curious about the way you're using the JENX terrain paint as I've had thoughts of doing the same and never really got there. So much great stuff. And even that nifty little canal was just cool and something I was unaware was available. Really great to those lot sets released--thanks! Keep up the great work, it's always a pleasure to catch up here, even if I'm sometimes slow to do so  ;D

carlfatal

Wowowow!
Seems I missed a lot of development here, and this is a real shame. Aerden is so beautiful, and how the town looks now is simply awesome.  &apls &apls &apls

But also I am stunned by all your modding, SAM streets here, model tweaker there, BATting, well, you are crazy in a good manner.  :bnn:

So I only can say thank you for all the tips and hints and all the wonderful pictures. And I really hope, that you never will loose the fun to build forward here, although I also like pictures of modern towns like the one you did in between.  :)

Edit: And a very big Thank You for releasing Alex´ wonderful houses. Currently I am not doing anything here but I had a lot of fun looking at them in the reader.  $%Grinno$%

vortext

QuoteWarning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 90 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Ouch. . :-[

Well there's a first time for everything I guess.  :D

So erhm yeah, you may have noticed I've been significantly less active the last half year or so, mainly because I've switched jobs, which is exciting and all but also time consuming because it involves me learning proper software development (rather than bashing the keyboard and hoping legible code comes out  $%Grinno$%). At any rate, that's not to say I've done nothing in Ærden, it's still chugging along just at a very - very - slow pace. Notably I've spend last months tying up loose streets in the region, and making some small villages while at it. Hence I present you today with two region views of the current state.

click for fullsize

click for fullsize

So yeah, that's it for now. Normally I'd say something like 'seeya soon' but erm yeah, not sure when that'll be. Sorry 'bout that, hope you enjoyed today's update though!
time flies like a bird

kbieniu7

Hah, yeah, it happens sometimes :D Don't worry! ;)

Regarding the pictures - well, those views are really magical. Firstly because of an excellent organic-layout, secondly because of the atmosphere of small villages dispersed around the empty wilderness being first shelters of civilization  :thumbsup:
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!