• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NYRA1's Lot Emporium

Started by newyorkrunaway1, August 22, 2007, 08:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newyorkrunaway1

Welcome to NYRA1's Lot Emporium!

I have been making lot't ever since I started playing SC4. LE is an amazing program and you can do so much more than you think with it. I know BATing has becom the more popular task and download, and sometime I think Lotting is a lost art. I am here to bring it back into the light of SC4 players. There have been many great LOTters, but their efforts have gone almost unnoticed over the past year+.

I want to bring all my previous (old) creations back into the public eye, along with the many more I hope to create now and post here in this thread. I will also be taking requests for lots, and also, would love to collaborate with some of the great BATers we have here on SC4devotion and across the net and work on their LOTs for them.

Anyways, enough of that.....
"The Unofficial Realism Oracle"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parkland - Adventures In RealismA CJ | By newyorkrunaway1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NAUTF | North American Urban Transit Forum (New & Improved)
NashDEV Gallery | Nashville TN USA Gallery (Over 900 Pictures and counting)

newyorkrunaway1

newyorkrunaway1

Here are a few lots i have made. i want to upload them, but am afraid that people wont want their projects re-released on the stex if its not by them. hey...thats a god idea....if you are owner of the bat in these lots, let me know if its ok to upload these lots.

anyways... here they are....

citigroup
minor changes, just more pleasing to the city i have placed it in

standard insurance

newman inc courthouse reloted
the parking lot on the side really didnt work in a major downtown area, so i removed it

aic tower complex

SG goober center
i added much onto the back to make it look like a real convention center.

and my favorite so far, which is still in development, as it will be to puzzle piece lots to make one giant lot

the ritz carlton urban resort tower complex

jayo

Theres something i really like about your lots but i don't know what it is  :thumbsup:
I'm back

RippleJet

Quote from: newyorkrunaway1 on August 22, 2007, 08:51:29 PM
Here are a few lots i have made. i want to upload them, but am afraid that people wont want their projects re-released on the stex if its not by them. hey...thats a god idea....if you are owner of the bat in these lots, let me know if its ok to upload these lots.

You can always make your own lot (SC4Lot file) and include somebody else's bat as the building, as long as you refer to the original batter's model as a dependency, and giving him/her due credit. You can also make your own building exemplar (SC4Desc file) if there are modding errors in the original upload needing to be adjusted. What you are not allowed to do, is to include the bat model in your upload.

If you're up to some constructive criticism regarding your lotting and modding, you could also open a thread in the LEX Candidacy and hopefully be able to upload to the LEX as well.
Good luck, NYRA1! :thumbsup:

BarbyW

QuoteI know BATing has becom the more popular task and download, and sometime I think Lotting is a lost art. I am here to bring it back into the light of SC4 players. There have been many great LOTters, but their efforts have gone almost unnoticed over the past year+.
I quite agree with you, nyra1. Lotters are often not considered important yet it is as without a good lot a BAT is nothing but a building. Consider some of the early BAT uploads on the STEX. The lots were very basic and the modding very poor. Yet these were hailed as great works ;D
I endorse what ripplejet has said and hope you will consider a Candidacy thread so that another lotter can join the uploaders. BATters we have in plenty, we lotters are in short supply ;D
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Glenni

Nice lots, the relotting of the SIC, is my fav.. i like the uniform, and somewhat empty look to it, fits the buildings. ;D

toxicpiano

Oh wow haven't seen you around the simcity community for a while! Nice work you have there  ;D
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

Pat

NYRA1 you can do great justic to buildings.... One minor suggestion though is that on the goobercenter is the addon buildings there is the gap there that dont look right... see if you can close it up a little then it would be perfect imho

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

newyorkrunaway1

thanks for all the comments people! they are much appreciated. Once i get a little better and get some more lots under my belt, i will join in on the chat under the submissions forum.

Meastro444

nice to see you back here NYRA1!!

i dont like the Ritz lot, but the others look amazing, keep it up!
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)