• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

lot showcase with downloads

Started by jayo, December 02, 2007, 03:47:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayo

Hello :)

Due to constant buggings ;D i am here to upload some of my lots(via file attach) and show some lots in the pipeline  :) Since its three weeks to the Christmas holidays(in England)I thought nothing better than to give the opportunity for some people to download some of lots-Generally the lots will need:Cycledoggs prop packs
                                                                                                            :Gascooker mega pack
                                                                                                            : All of jestarrs prop packs
                                                                                                            :Cycledoggs texture packs

OK,here the first-Some terraces-There relotted from gascooker(All credit go's to gascooker for his incredible models.The dependenceys are up there so don't forget to get them :) Theres going to be 3 packs of terraces,but due to restrictions of the site-I can't upload them in one go.Heres pack one.

Please remmember,you won't get all the LOTs this post :D
I'm back

jayo

Heres a new lot-a running track-Loosely based on once in tooting beck in south east london.

It should be avalible for download soon
I'm back

FromTheAshes

Great to see you sharing your LOTs to the comunity :thumbsup: I think they might be very useful, so thank you.
Visit Vorsfelde.

Pat Riot

Your lots look excellent, although i was busy admiring the city so i didnt notice the top ones much  ;D

For the running track-here in america, we usually have some kind of field (usually football) inside the track, do they do this in britain?

JoeST

uhh what does woth mean? lol

great stuff there jayo.. i would download it.. but i have already dl'ed too much this week LOL, starting afresh does take it out of you

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Pat Riot

hmm...well the first thing i do when i see a word like Woth is check what letters are near the "O". right next to it is i, so its probably just a typo. (unless its some crazy british word  ;D)

Travis

Hmmm, that running track lot looks familiar...  ;) Good work.

Congratulations on joining the group, by the way. If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask me.  :)

PS: For the grass inside the track, I suggest selecting the base texture, and holding down the "Home" or "End" keys to rotate them individually,
for a less repetitive look.  :thumbsup:

jayo

Yes  :) i'm relotting it at the mome-I thought my standard was a bit poor-I needed to get dependenceys down anyway  :D

P.S-I got the new-ish cycledogg prop pack installed so that will take one dependency down :D

oh yeh-And there all plopable-and a bit simple :D
I'm back

Krio

I would put some other stuff in the middle of running ground, maybe some junior football (soccer) field and goals?

jayo

I've relotted the running track-And it looks brilliant :D There is just one request to krio or patriots-Could i bend the rules a little bit with four dependencys because i've tried maxis textures and they look..well...rubbish.And i could find away to lower dependencys because all the props are much needed  &mmm

Anyways-heres some pics

First,an overview.

Close up one.

Medium overview one

Medium overview two.

Transit enabled

With people (timed props)

Again-slightly better

Its transit enabled and will have a custom icon soon.Ok i know the cycledogg textures don't match up with the street.I couldn't find any texture that would make it look better and again there would be one more dependency if i did. :)
I'm back

Pat Riot

well, if push comes to shove, i suppose you could, but I think you could easy narrow down some things. Like the cars. Couldn't you use maxis cars? just a thought.

jayo

That means i would have to take all of the cycledogg props out which make up most of the lot  &mmm
I'm back

Krio

If I do the benches and fence, then can you reduce amount of dependacies?

Pat Riot

yea...then that doesn't make a difference. Like I said, if your already using a ton of props from one pack, cant hurt to use a couple more from the same pack, eh? I think what you've done for now will do, 4 dependencies won't kill.

jayo

okey dokey  :D Thats good-Now i have to make an install.I wonder what i'm gonna put in the terms and conditions  ()what()

Anyways a few tweaks-some testing and an icon and i'll be able to upload-What is the image size for an icon.
I'm back

Travis

QuoteWhat is the image size for an icon?

44x44 pixels.  :)

jayo

I'm back

Pat Riot

terms and conditions-"Dont be a nevari, dl the dependencies without complaining about brown boxes"

RippleJet

Quote from: jayo on December 08, 2007, 12:35:40 PM
Anyways a few tweaks-some testing and an icon and i'll be able to upload

???

Did you read the guidelines about testing, Jayo? :D

Quote from: jayo on December 08, 2007, 12:35:40 PM
Anyways a few tweaks-some testing and an icon and i'll be able to upload-What is the image size for an icon.

Use iLive's LEProp to add a custom icon, which has to be a png file sized 176x44 pixels.
As an example I'm attaching the custom icon I made for another of your team members... ::)

The icon png consists of 4 separate icons, from left to right:
- Icon when not available (rewards)
- Icon when available (normal state)
- Icon when selected
- Icon when depressed

If you need help with creating the icon, just send me any in-game picture of your lot
(doesn't even have to be a square picture) and I'll send you a custom icon back! ;)

jayo

I'm back