• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Toohey's LE Journey (or Dave-alots :-)

Started by tooheys, March 02, 2008, 12:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

LoL Joan you are too funnie but alas I do agree about needing something that makes senes lol  :D  Dave you are doing a fantastic job here and I think to start off with you should go with the LEX and alot of people would help you get on the LEX!!! I mean it M8 you are ready IMHO sir!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

TheTeaCat

Pitch looks great Dave :thumbsup:

For the curved fence there is a maxis one used for the baseball court maybe that would be suitable, its just an idea ;)

Anyhow what you do produce looks very professional mate &apls and I can easily see you getting rights to the lex,
if and when you do decide to release some of these gems ;)

Well worth a cuppa mate ::)

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

bat

Yes, wonderful LE work on the newest lot!! Great work, tooheys. ;)

Diggis

Looks great Dave, I'll have a look and see if I can sort you out a fence.  Is the cricket pitch made up of textures or a prop?  If it's textures can you send them to me to get some sizes for you?

tooheys

Thanks Diggis, it's all textures and overlays.

As the paths are the guide for the fences, would the LE ID codes for them be what you need.

Appreciate any help

PS: I'm getting more and more nagging requests  :D to get a Lex candicacy up and running, so you might get those industrial lots yet.

Diggis

Pleased to hear it.  Yeah the IID codes would be OK, are they Maxis textures?

Nardo69

Great work on your lots my friend!
I guess you came to lotting the same way as I and most others  did: some other lots just didn't suit ...

Just one question:
That industrial lot - is it a ploppable or a growable? if it is a growable, why don't you TE - it?

Take care my friend!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Pat

Dave its not mere nagging but more of telling you that we want them!!!  Im not even going to laugh about that one that is how for real I am Dave!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BarbyW

QuoteThat industrial lot - is it a ploppable or a growable? if it is a growable, why don't you TE - it?

Nardo69 - TE growables do not upgrade so growables should never be TEed.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

tooheys

OK, I give in. I'll give LEX rights a go. The first lot will be more welcomed by my Commonwealth friends and anyone from the sub-continent. You guessed it, the cricket field. Start simple and work your way up. Anyway, i still have to come to grips with what I need to do to get the lot up to standard just for the application stage. Thanks for all the links and advice. Expect a barrage of questions from me over the next few weeks.

Dave

xxdita

Dave, if you'll send me the lots I can have a quick look at the modding. My email is listed. It's better to get everything checked out now, that way your LEX Candidacy goes a lot smoother.

Nardo69

Barby, you are perfect right - I wrote it just the other way I thought it ...  /wrrd%&

tooheys

xxdita, thanks. i've sent the cricket lot. The storage areas still need a bit of a rework though. Appreciate the help.

Bernhard, you giving me dud advice  :D Well I don't need to comment on the TE (that would have been my response exactly Barby  ;) ) You're right about the initial LE dabbling, things seem to have snow balled from there. The lot is ploppable but the base lot needs changing, its currently a park  ::) Working on it.

Pat, refer above (not the dud advice bit   :))

Bat thanks

TTC, that fence is not quite right but thanks for the idea (hadn't thought of that, although I see it all the time) and appreciate the comments and of course the cuppa. Diggis working on it, LE doesn't want to open at the moment. Will reload and get you the info. Thanks again.

And my apologies to my American friends, what's cricket, well I think TTC explained it adequately in my MD:

QuoteAaahh, Cricket...A game with lots of ins and outs, played by Gentlemen in white with red balls. The rules are simple:
You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.
Each man that's in the side that's in, goes out, and when he's out, he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.
When they are all out the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out.
Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When both sides have been in and out including the not-outs, that's the end of the game. Howzat?

Then its time for TEA   

Sounds Irish to me  :D

Thanks again for your encouragement and support.

Dave

Alfred.Jones

Looking forward to the cricket ground!!

That explanation is very headachey!! But actually makes sense when you think very hard about it!! :P

Sim City 4 Devotion

Diggis

Have you used and players?  Cal has some good ones in his ground.  He might put them into a prop pack for you.

How high do you want the fence to appear?  1m?  Cos I'll have to make it higher to look right.

superhands

hey dave, nice cricket pitch. a matter of fact... i experimented making my own oval a while ago. but.. i like how this is shaping up. can i request trainning nets?

Jmouse

Glad to see you're going for the gold, Dave. Remember how long we nagged just to get you to try the LE, and look at you now! :thumbsup:

Until next time...
Joan

callagrafx

Quote from: Diggis on March 18, 2008, 05:45:26 AM
Have you used and players?  Cal has some good ones in his ground.  He might put them into a prop pack for you.

How high do you want the fence to appear?  1m?  Cos I'll have to make it higher to look right.

All the players, wickets, crease textures, scoreshed and blinds are in my MEGA PACK.  Look forward to a new LOT  :thumbsup:
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

paroch

Hey LEX candidacy, here you come!

Great news Dave, I look forward to seeing it up there.

All the best,

Paul

tooheys

With the creation of the NUTs team, Dave-alots has found a new home HERE

I guess they're now Nutsalots or Lotsanuts  :D

Edit by BarbyW: Thread locked as tooheys has moved house.