• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Need help with a question

Started by Pat, December 03, 2008, 01:05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange_o_

Matt I do not like too much the color of walls, in French this color is called " poo of the goose ". The roof is less attractive than on the other stations.

As I am not good in English, I prefer to make an image

Orange

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

threestooges

They say a picture is worth 1000 words, and this one makes the point well. Thanks for showing it. I like the name for the color, and I can see where it gets that name. Earlier today I was playing with texture colors for the walls, and it's starting to get somewhat close to the color you showed. There may be a new version of the station coming soon (but it shouldn't mess with your lotting too much Pat, I hope... heh heh).

Orange_o_

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

Pat

Quote from: Orange_o_ on January 23, 2009, 12:40:17 AM
Matt I do not like too much the color of walls, in French this color is called " poo of the goose ". The roof is less attractive than on the other stations.

As I am not good in English, I prefer to make an image

img removed to keep things tiddy - pat

Orange

Orange I really think that the color you used is spot on!!!  hmmm now poo of the goose that would be umm pretty crappy lol....

Quote from: threestooges on January 23, 2009, 12:50:42 AM
They say a picture is worth 1000 words, and this one makes the point well. Thanks for showing it. I like the name for the color, and I can see where it gets that name. Earlier today I was playing with texture colors for the walls, and it's starting to get somewhat close to the color you showed. There may be a new version of the station coming soon (but it shouldn't mess with your lotting too much Pat, I hope... heh heh).

Matt I agree and what better way then to use a pic of the lotting style that is most favored so far to show the changes in the color...  Don't worry about messing with the LOTting part Matt as long as there is some platforms then I will be happy lol  :D

OK all just waiting on some more new parts to play with here and then I will use the selection of v 3 and hopefully we can move on down to the next track....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Pat

OK I know I need my own IID Range and while I wait for it here is what I played with to test out my textures...

Yes that is right I am venturing out into texture creation!!! I am very excited and very thankful to Heblem for his help in this tut he gave me and how easy it was here [linkie]... I have been working hard on the textures and finally come down to it where I wanted to learn how to make the base myself!!! I am glad I have learned now and I am ready for any thought so far!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

Nice venture here Pat. I see you haven't been sitting around much waiting for those models I promised you. They look pretty good, but I think the brick stuff in the center could use a bit of work. I'm not sure what look you're going for, but they seem a bit large, and the underlying part could be tweaked a bit to eliminate the visual gaps at the edges (this is coming from a guy who doesn't use photoshop much, so I know that's a fair bit of work). Good start though.
-Matt

Pat

hehehe thank you Matt and I know Ive only begun to scratch the surface of texturing lol.... Speaking of which here is some more I tweaked and now I can move foward with a special request I had gotten some long time ago from Bruce  ;D

I know I got a little bit of white line there or noise or whatever its called but I think I know what I did wrong there?? But its a start and Matt I will try and figure out further on how to shrink down the center bricks there, I was hoping for a patio type setup there with them errr well honestly with that one I was just playing around lol... But I think it would go good as a patio setup... I have been playing around with textures while waiting yuppers and now I am armed with how to get them in game woooo boy are we in trouble now lol... Not bad for almost 30 in a few days lol

Pat

Well so far some good news on the texturing front here....  With the help from Barby I think I got my IID working now where I was able to finish off these textures.... I am though having this problem here,

I did do a modified version of the BSC parking lot textures where I changed them from the white to the yellow... Now my next question since I modified them due I still need permission to use them or how does it work for textures???

The other problem I am having is with two corner overlay textures there as you can see I have the white and its short on the inner corner??? Ive tried to adjust them but I am still coming up with the same problem that is circled in red...

JBSimio

Hi Pat!

As far as I know, a "modified" texture generally falls into the category of a new creation.  Many textures I've made are based off of others simply to make sure they would match up with those which already exsist.  I have a feeling that many textures fall into the same category... so it would become an issue of "how modified" does a texture need to be?  Kind of hard to make a rule about that beyond blatant and obvious plagerism.   :D  If I'm wrong, someone with a better grasp on protocol and ettiquette, please let me know.

Either way, in this case, the textures you've modified are mine and if permission is indeed necessary you can consider it officially granted!  ;)

As for your overlay problem... I'm not sure, but double check and compare the alpha texture with your colored texture.  It may be as simple as being one pixel off.

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

superhands

QuoteThe other problem I am having is with two corner overlay textures there as you can see I have the white and its short on the inner corner??? Ive tried to adjust them but I am still coming up with the same problem that is circled in red...

if your texture is with white background try filling it with a grey colour which also helps. from the picture thoe it looks like  1 pixel off.

dave

Pat

Hey Jon thank you a million for the permission there!!! I always liked the that parking texture just I wanted yellow  ;)  I know I got an additional texture I want to add that would compliment it too whats already available and well I just gotta get off my butt and do it  :D I know I must be off just couldn't figure out which way???  Is it  the alpha being off or the colored, Im baffled by it???  I've tried several dozens ways to fix it and I still come up with the same problem...

Hey Dave thanks yea I know its frustrating me to no end... I will try and give it a try there with the grey filling in and thank you for the tip!!!

Pat

OK So this is what Ive been up to in the between time while waiting for matt to get the stations done... As part of the world commernce pack that is a ITC project matt is working on a KFC... Since I learned how to do textures I had offerd to make a custom lot based off the picture and here is what I got so far... There is still some minor corrections I am trying to work on and they are circled in red...

New EDIT:

Alrighty here is some new progress on my end after getting the glitches smoothed over and having to think on how to tackle the problem... But anyways here is the updated pics with a little more lotting to give some more flavor of this test lot...

Pat

Here is just an update on the KFC Textures only...

threestooges

Looking much cleaner Pat. I like the addition of extra parking too along the drive-thru. I was expecting parallel, but this looks pretty darn good too.
-Matt

Pat

I know I know Matt lol I did try the parallel parking stalls but I couldnt get it and it just wasn't looking good....  I will be having another update as since this is the base for the 3x3 and as we talked about doing a 2x3, I should have that done this week by friday like we talked about...

EDIT: OK so I worked a bit faster lol then expected.... It was very simple to change a few things around and here is the 2x3 texture test.........

threestooges

The textures look pretty good. I guess the real test will be how the building looks on such a lot. From the looks of things I may need to add another door to the building along the non-covered wall. Nice work Pat.
-Matt

nerdly_dood

Great job with this! Good work fixing the bugs, too. I must say though - In the last in-game screenshot there appears to be two vehicles in the same place! It's on the far right on the lower/closer section of the parking lot.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Pat

OK here is an update from me on the KFC project.... I now have both lot sizes ready and waiting for the final model from Matt...

3x3

2x3

OK so that is the lots up close and personal there... Matt if you get to see this I was wondering if you could extend the Drive Thru Canopy out a little bit more, so that way it would be easier to get a prop thru there and plus to center out a little more... Would that be possible?

Before anyone says any thing about the one SUV yes I noticed it that its sitting backwards lol...

threestooges

I think I can manage that Pat. I have the basic texturing done and I'm just working on some details for it now. I'll post an update in my BAT thread in a bit here. Extending the drive thru canopy shouldn't be a problem. Looks like another meter or two ought to do it.
-Matt

Pat

OK now ready for scrutineering is two files from me!!! They are the ITC Texture Pack Pat Vol 01 and ITC Mission Style Medium Train Station...

ITC Mission Style Medium Train Station:

Day:

Night:

ITC Texture Pack Pat Vol 01

View One

View Two

All four of these images can be used as the LEX images and are included as part of the readmes...

Here are the full size images for better viewing pleasures!!!

Day Views:

Night Views:

Some Stats on the Train Station................

Ploppable version:

Lot size : 3 x 2 tiles
Cap: 1200
Menu Position : Building: Transportation,Building: Rail,Building: Strikable Transit,Building: Taxi_Maker,Building: PassengerRail
Jobs if applicable : Jobs $ : 95,Jobs $$ : 5,Jobs $$$ : 0,R-$ : 95,R-$$ : 5,R-$$$ : 0
Plop cost : § 100
Bulldoze cost : § 100
Monthly Cost or Income : § 10
Park Effect : none
Landmark Effect : none
Max Fire Stage : 5
Power Consumption : 30 MWh/month
Water Consumption : 0 Gallons/month
Air Pollution : 0 over 0 tiles
Water Pollution : 0 over 0 tiles
Garbage Pollution : 0 over 0 tiles

Dependencies for this lot... (I know there is a few but once you have these you wont need them again for the other uploads in this series)

Prop Packs:

BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol 01
BSC MEGA Props - Misc Vol 02
BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol 01
BSC MEGA Props - D66 Vol 02

Texture Packs:

BSC Textures Vol 1
BSC Textures Vol 2