• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CSX Pier Mall

Started by Tilarium, January 12, 2013, 05:02:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilarium

Over on SimPegs site there's this great CSP - CSX Pier Mall that works with the CSP group that works with the OWW sets.  Problem is that it's a rework of the orginal CSX Pier Mall which is rightly one of the dependencies needed.  There is no CSX Pier Mall here, there or Simtropolis. 

Anyone know where to find it?  I want the CSP version on SimPegs and the lot looks amazing and would love to have the none CSP version in some of my cities.

Reform

Unfortunately CSX Pier Mall is no longer available. However, it was - if I recall right - included in the STEX Collection Vol 1. That collection isn't directly available either, but someone might still have it.

- Ilja

Tilarium

A shame, it's a wonderful looking building... and like I said, it's used as a dependency for another wonderful looking lot.

jumy

Tilarium

You're awesome!  How do I DL from there?

jumy

Arghh sorry ... now it works, for zip pack: File Download

or you can download each individual file

Tyberius06

Hi Dear Staff!

First of all I'm really sorry that bumping up this really old topic, but since all the relevant information is in this topic and my question is about this topic, I haven't seen any sense to open a new topic. Sorry, really.

So over at Simptropolis and CBEX I'm working on some projects to bring back some stuffs after the unfortunate cease of SimPEG site. As a part of this process I plan to upload Jason5871's Cruise Ship Port set onto the STEX (with a little admin/moderator help, under his name, whatever), but I need to update his readme files, because all of them point to no-more-existing dependency links (mostly SimPEG links). And one of them is this CSX Pier Mall made by Don Miguel (on the above link you can see my post about the Cruise Ship Port with pictures and the second picture shows the CSP Pier mall lot which uses Don Miguel's file as a dependency). It used to be on STEX but no more there, and this topic is the proof that it wasn't there 4-5 years ago too, but someone attached a google drive link to this topic as you can see.

My question, what can I (We) do? Use the google drive link as a dependency link (it's quite unreliable, since the state of the original - I mean the GDrive - source is unknown, and the guy hasn't been active for 3 years) or can we upload the file either here to the LEX or onto the STEX as a legacy item?

I attached to this post the two readme files into the zip (it's not allowed to upload *.txt files), what I found, and the picture of the original lot.

Thanks for any advice and help in advance!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

mgb204

To start with, I'm not sure the link to google contains any props/dependencies, this is just a lot file. Therefore this isn't the source of the dependencies you are looking for.

Tyberius06

Hi!
The lot contains inside the prop desc data. 2-3 years ago when I first found this set and didn't have much knowladge about these I was fighting a lot with it. So yes this is the source I pretty confident... this lot must be in your plugin folder otherwise the building won't show on the CSP version either. I tested, I got several headache to that time I figured it out 2-3 years ago... :)
So back to the original question...

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

mgb204

But my point is that simply you don't need any models from that download, so it's not a true dependency. It would be very easy to re-make a new Buildings Exemplar which could be used/re-distributed, without having to worry about this extra download being installed. If this file included models, that would be a very different story, but there is a work-around here, which may be the path of least resistance.

Tyberius06

Please...
It contains FSH data. The LOT contains FSH data. In the original CSP Pier Mall Readme this lot file was called as a dependency. I don't really care if it's easy to change the examplar in it. My point is that this file is only available on this google drive link, and if we want to be honest according to site rules and common community rules I quite don't understand how this link survived, since I guess we consider this as a public redistribution and I don't think that the guy had permission of share this file etc...
I am not complaining...
I attached a picture what you can see in the reader...
It's not just a LOT... it contains other data. And it's not available otherway and probably not to many people knows this source. I only found it again because I wanted to find the original source where I found several years ago, and that lead me here...

Can we upload or not? Don Miguel has an account over at Simtroplis and since this was originally uploaded there, we can place this file back under Don Miguel's name onto the STEX.

mgb204

Well that question needs to be put to the staff at ST, we can't answer that on their behalf. Bear in mind that my role at ST doesn't give me authority to make those decisions there either.

Frankly without PEG's permission, including those "FSH" textures is probably a total no-no. I'd bet money they are part of the BSC Texture Mega-Pack or one of Pegasus' uploads however. I get it, you just want to re-upload the file, it's the path of least resistance, but technically that's against the rules? That said, those rules are in some cases more flexible than others, which is just as annoying for me as it is for yourself. All I'm trying to state is that in this case, there is an alternative to that if need be to get things working. Of course if someone will allow it to be re-uploaded as-is, then that's not necessary.

matias93

And what about making an alternative version of those textures? They aren't many (I guess they aren't more than two unique images). That wouldn't cause any rights problem, because is only an override.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Tyberius06

I've never really messed with the tweaker, but I think those are tweaked textures anyway, that's why they were attached to the lot. I'm not sure which part of the lot is the "real" dependency... Only the building examplar, or other parts as well...? Why I brought this issue to onto the SC4D, because I don't know what kind of criss-cross events and agrements were between the members of Simptropolis-SimPEG-SC4D teams. I'm not sure what CSX is apart from the fact, that there is a lot of CSX lots on LEX, and one of the attached text file name contains the word of LEX and ask permission to put the lot under the name of CSX, but I don't know what was supposed to mean that further more...