• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Little Erdmoebiliar

Started by Erdmoebel, December 03, 2013, 01:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erdmoebel

Hi everybody,
after years I fired up the BAT again and have been toying around for a couple days. I'm gonna make some NYC/New England style urban buildings, mainly civic institutions. Not necesarilly recreations though. Anyway, my first project is a small w2w corner police station.
This is inspired by the "modern" (And buttugly) extension of the 26th precinct in upper Manhattan, but takes considerable creative freedom:

I'm open for suggestions and criticism =)

Swordmaster

Welcome here. That's certainly a very nice first post. I like what I see! :thumbsup:

Cheers
Willy

noahclem

Welcome from me as well :)  Very nice start. I think a darker roof texture would help but the rest seems very nice as is  :thumbsup:

Erdmoebel

FrankU

This is already now quite fine meubilair!

The roof texture is a bit too detailless and I see some repetition in the bricks, but otherwise the bricks and the wall textures look good.

It's not that ugly! Or maybe you are used to very fine butts?

vortext

Hey, welcome back! At least I take it you're the same Erdmoebel which made the numerous Berlin BATs?!

Though the roof textures can be improved upon indeed, the police station looks promising already!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

FrankU

I took another look. What are the small whitish boxes in the windows? Not that they annoy me, but I am certain they have some kind of purpose. I just cannot figure out which.

Just curiosity...

art128

Quote from: FrankU on December 08, 2013, 05:07:44 AM
I took another look. What are the small whitish boxes in the windows? Not that they annoy me, but I am certain they have some kind of purpose. I just cannot figure out which.

Just curiosity...

AC units.

Looks like a solid start! You might want to work a bit on the roof texture, to add some dirt on it.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

cmdp123789

Thank you! To be honest, more of this kind of buildings are needed on this style... Keep up! I really like it!!  &apls

Erdmoebel

Hi!
Yes they're AC units, like these

They're rather common in NYC and other american cities.

I have a problem though, the .gmax file got corrupted and does not open anymore (Assertion failed in file meshdata.cpp). Is there a fix for this? The model is not lost though, I can "merge" the individual meshes with a new scene but that's very tedious -_-

Erdmoebel

I spent hours recovering the model, but I got it all back and I played with the textures with your feedback in mind

The marked (now missing) structure corrupted the file, despite actually being geometrically rather simple. I'll add it back in at the end just to be on the safe side, please ignore it for now  &Thk/(

Swordmaster

Certainly worth spending hours to recover! Turning out very nice so far.

Cheers
Willy