• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathtopumpkins

...and already has.

Vince (Blue Lightning) showed one on page 278.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

CityMaster563

Could we have a puzzle piece where the RHW 10 Splits into two RHW 6? I've seen them, and I could really use them.
Coastland Region: The SC4 Story:
http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/4478-coastland-region-the-sc4-
story/
The story of two major counties, Ashville and Coastland, battle out to have an individual city reach 1 million sims, but a major storm destroys one city, and a major. What will now happen?
Coming soon: SimCity 4, Full 3D Art (a museum tour)

Tarkus

Quote from: Tracker on September 13, 2009, 08:40:58 PM

• RHW-2 and RHW-6C in elevated format
  • New RHW-6S on a single tile (already shown in video!)
  • FLEXFly, the first MIS flyover system ever
  • Bridges based on RHW-6C
  • Puzzle pieces to improve neighbor connection development
  • An RHW-10 S-shift piece
  • A 90-degree curve piece for RHW-6S and 8
  • Fractional-angle MIS
  • Diagonal interface improvements
  • SPUI pieces using TuLEP systems
  • smoncrie's RHW Cosmetic Mod to improve appearance of puzzle pieces
  • A diverging diamond interchange piece
  • Various MIS/road configuration interfaces
  • RHW-2 and MIS wide curves

You forgot one big one--one that's been my primary focus during much of the development process.

Some of those ones on the list may or may not get in, though I'd suspect most.  There's actually a couple others that haven't been shown yet.  One's a real game-changer. ;)

-Alex

Haljackey

Hey guys, some excellent progress going on here!  I'm liking the bridge and flyover developments.  Keep at it!

I recently stumbled upon some great RHW tutorials on Youtube.com.  They even feature commentary and move at a good pace.  The creator of these videos (Asteconn) has granted me permission to share them here.

Please allow me to embed a couple of them in my post.  I hope that's all right with you Alex.  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/v/ftaX14yRcBA&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/v/m5vDnEd6l2U&fmt=18

You can see more of Asteconn's RHW video tutorials Here.

Alex, feel free to add these to the main sticky post if you think they will help RHW users.

-Haljackey

Tarkus

Quote from: Haljackey on September 14, 2009, 10:22:21 AM
I hope that's all right with you Alex.  ;)

Absolutely! :thumbsup:  These are some great videos here--thanks for letting me know about them, and thanks to asteconn for making them!

-Alex

nerdly_dood

:o a diagonal avenue x avenue intersection?! wow!! &apls

But of course we already had that...

In all seriousness, I'd love to have more diagonal RHW functionality. Great work! :thumbsup:
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

woodb3kmaster

This is just what I've been waiting for. Kudos to you and your team, Alex!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Ramona Brie

The Rural has been banished, I see!

Reminds me of a clan I came across once. Their full name had been banished in favor of their acronym.

dragonshardz

So what will the R stand for now?

Real?
Realistic?
....I'd go on, but that's all I got.

j-dub

I remember when debating the R's stand for came up before. But this time, the Rural has officially been crossed out by big boss. I think we could just go with calling it MIS, instead of how we called it Rural Highway with Modular Interchange System. The MIS is no way rural alone, its more of a regional highway system, since it can go through all sorts of developments, anyway. However, in any event, the RHW always begins as a rural highway, then it can turn into a regional interstate later. I still call those country roads the Rural Highway for that reason, they were the old, gray, dashed line roads that had a shoulder running through the fields. But, to this day, the color is more recent, compared to regular Maxis roads. So it seems the Rural aspect is more forgotten now.

Tarkus

Just to clear up any confusion . . . the acronym is going to stay "RHW".  What the acronym stands for is the part that is changing--namely, the "R".  'shardz, I think you're on the right track. 

-Alex

zakuten

As long as old-style rural functionality for RHW 2 and RHW 4 doesn't get removed, I don't care what it's called~
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

Shadow Assassin

Oh, nothing will get removed. It's just a rebranding, for marketing purposes. You see, the powers that be (ie. the NAM team) decided to undertake a process of updating the various projects in the NAM, in order to dynamically bring the mod into 2010.

There, enough marketing buzz words for you? :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

MandelSoft

"Realistic" seems a good replacement to me for "Rural", because I use it a lot in urban areas.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Patricius Maximus

I don't care about changing the "rural" to "realistic" (or something similar), since I and most other people use the term RHW to refer to this mod, which will remain unchanged.

TEG24601

I have a bit of an issue, and don't know if anyone else has the problem...

Whenever I try to place a southbound RHW-4 B-Type Ramp, I instead get a northwest bound diagonal onramp, and vis-versa.

I'm on a Mac, and it happens regardless of if I'm on Tiger, Leopard, or Snow Leopard and my Intel or PPC Mac.

Not a big deal, but thought you should be aware.

Korot

I remember that that bug has already been mentioned here, and I'm pretty sure that one of the path fixes solved the problem. You do have the latest version + patch?

Regards,
Korot

Tarkus

TEG24601, the problem you're facing was a RUL-bound issue that involved a mis-copying in the piece definition in the previous NAM update controller.  It is fixed with the July 2009 NAM update, however.

-Alex

Tarkus

Double post . . . but I have development to show. ;)

I've been working on revising the Diverging Diamond Interchange puzzle pieces to get the ramp geometry a bit better.  The piece now sits on a 6x3 footprint, with one tile cutouts on either side at the top and bottom, and is designed to connect to an RHW-4 on the ends.

I still have a few minor adjustments on the textures, plus stop points and some T21ing.

-Alex

TEG24601

Quote from: Tarkus on September 19, 2009, 12:40:24 AM
TEG24601, the problem you're facing was a RUL-bound issue that involved a mis-copying in the piece definition in the previous NAM update controller.  It is fixed with the July 2009 NAM update, however.

-Alex

I do have the July RHW and July NAM updates, and I just re-installed them, and I'm still having the issue.