• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swordmaster

That's sad to hear :(

Was about to ask if you'd consider making some mid-sized bushes or trees. Feel there's a bit of a size gap between the small flora and the trees. But I certainly understand if you've had enough of it. Your flora ranks as one of the best custom content additions this game has ever seen, if you ask me.

Cheers
Willy

mgb204

I've always been a huge fan of your trees, so it's a little sad to hear you are not enjoying creating them anymore. But if that is so, then you should do what is right for you. After all, with your fabulous contribution in this area, no one should have cause for complaint.

I'm sure plenty of people, myself included would take the Willows warts and all - not that I see any - even if you just let us have the models. Of course, I understand you are quite the perfectionist, which is a good thing. But consider this, what you have now is probably the best Willow any of us will ever see in SimCity. That's the beauty of your flora, it's simply the best there is. Many thanks again for providing us with so many trees and plants with such high standards.  &apls

APSMS

Your trees are very lovely. The recently released Elms and the previewed Willows are no exception (though I see your concerns about their appearance).

A release of the models would be nice. Part of the problem with keeping the trees in groups is that developing a tree controller with your flora is difficult, because the tree groups don't look as good when auto plopped in controller.

Also, that's a very cool looking building & lot. What are you basing it on (if anything)?
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

bombardiere

Sad to hear that :( Your flora is my favourite.

However, I can understand that. You are making seasonal trees and that is a lot of work with minute details. I am already exhausted with my Georgian terraces, and that has been a much simpler job.

Shark7

Sad to hear that you aren't enjoying the making of the trees anymore.  But I also understand, if you don't enjoy it, then it becomes monotonous work, not a fun hobby.  And it should be fun.

I have tried to make some of my own stuff for the game, but honestly, I completely lack the skills.  So if my frustration level at trying to make something simple is what you are experiencing making something awesome, I can certainly understand wanting to step away from it.

Still, you're flora is the best in game and I will always use anything you provide in the future.  So just know that all that work you put into it is greatly appreciated.  :)

mattb325

Your flora work has been absolutely amazing, and I'm sorry to read that it has become a chore. But it is best to focus on what you find enjoyable and I'm sure that eventually the lure of making beautiful trees will call you back  ;)

Fasan

Hello my friend!

Your trees are wonderful again! I have it immediately in my Inserted landscape.  :thumbsup:
I hope you never stop to make new things for SC4.
My pictures in my region portraits will soon reinserted and also new ones.

Many greetings Fasan ;)

Girafe

Thanks a lot for your lovely comments  ::)

Indeed, small flora bushes could be a little bit easier to do but the process remain quite long.
I had some models in line:

I started my sc4 carrier with automata but I was never able to integrate my own model into the game, therefore I was only doing re skin.
Now, it s solved with the great help of Arne, I am successful to integrate high poly models (6k) to SC4.
It s still work in progress:

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

belfastsocrates

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Simmer2

Bonjour Monsieur Antoine.

Les deux œuvres sont fantastiques  &apls &apls

ne peut pas attendre de les essayer

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

mgb204

Nice to see those bushes, little plants like this will find many useful spots to grow throughout my regions :).

Nice to see you making some automata too. The textures on the engine need a bit of work, but the model is clearly very good. The freight waggons would make a very welcome addition too. Are you going to make a complete set for the freight train? Looking forward to seeing your progress in this area.

vortext

Bushes are sorely lacking, really, and these models would be a very welcome and fantastic addition.  &apls

Quote from: APSMS on February 28, 2016, 04:00:28 PM
A release of the models would be nice. Part of the problem with keeping the trees in groups is that developing a tree controller with your flora is difficult, because the tree groups don't look as good when auto plopped in controller.

Check the LE packages, the more recent releases (iirc ashes and lindens for instance) feature single models which would be suitable for a tree controller. In fact I've been toying around with them on and off for some time now. . no promises though.  ;)

Needless to say, bushes would also be great to have in a tree controller. Though I've only start modelling recently I certainly have much greater understanding of the tedious process - and all the things that can go wrong during!  :D

So whether or not the bushes make it to release, great work anyway! As others have already said it ought to be fun.  :thumbsup:

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

vester

Not sure the high poly count is justified. Would rather go up in texture size than numbers of polygons.

As mention earlier, do scale up the height of the engine by around 1.3.

The two containers at last dots are they your work as well ?

Fasan

These bushes are wonderful! In fact, such bushes and shrubs, also missing in SC4.
You will make very good in my landscaping. &apls

Your attempts with the railway are well friends.
I think there's still big things from you.  :thumbsup:

Many greetings Fasan ;)

bombardiere

Bushes are great. I love your bushes, I can't get enought of the bushes. :) (Sorry, that sounded like a rude two minded joke. :D ) Your Flora is my favourite. Especially the small bushes you have made earlier and the hedges. I use these inmost of my rural lots.

Automata looks intriguing too. :) More automata the better.

kelis

Those bushes... we want them right nooooow  $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

I can't wait to see more progress with your automatas  ;)
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

omgitskosc

Those bushes are phenomenal and the HD trains... WOW!  &apls

Themistokles

More kinds of bushes... :bnn: &apls

Trains look great too :thumbsup:
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

romualdillo

The bushes look fantastic!
It's great to see you're using your talent in other SC4 disciplines, the automata look wonderful, too!!  &apls

Girafe

Thanks for your comments,  ;)

The result in game with the bushes was not so good, I did not pursue...

Now, I rarely open the BAT and my production is declining... as sc4 community...

My latest work for the last month, I decided to call them walnut trees  &Thk/(

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    *