• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Buddybuds Expansive Attempts at Anything & Everything.

Started by buddybud, November 12, 2007, 03:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddybud

not so fuzzy

darkened the third rail and toned down the highlights.....i think i really like it now......gotta do something with the railing now :P

edit...first multi tile...but sloppy, needs work!! $%#Ninj2

choco

i really like it as well!  :thumbsup:

looks fantastic in HD  :P

Lollo

Keep an eye on the Lair!

nerdly_dood

That's some excellent detail in there Buddybud! Those wooden ties are turning out rather well I think. :thumbsup:
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

j-dub

Buddybud, I think that last wooden texture should be final. It actually looks pretty real.  :thumbsup:

rooker1

Call me Robin, please.

Pat

Duuuuuuuuuuude Bud I have run out of words what to say lol!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

SimNation

Finally Superman has a third rail to step on the stop a runaway elevated train.

zomg92

()stsfd()  ;D Oh man,can't wait for this to come out!!!Finally I will be able to make a normal looking el rail...Buddybud,are going to make a bridge matching  this el rail?  ;D ()stsfd()

buddybud

Quote from: zomg92 on April 01, 2009, 02:14:44 PM
()stsfd()  ;D Oh man,can't wait for this to come out!!!Finally I will be able to make a normal looking el rail...Buddybud,are going to make a bridge matching  this el rail?  ;D ()stsfd()

yes i got a head start thanks to choco!!!

Edit. New Railing :P

old track and railing on right ......i can't believe the look now...exactly as i was going for.    Comments?

allan_kuan1992

Remarkable.... those HD textures make all the difference eh?

BTW... i'm wondering... I like this work... but it looks... old... (no offense... but I tend to like modern construction and architecture).

- Allan Kuan

buddybud

Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on April 02, 2009, 07:01:45 PM

BTW... i'm wondering... I like this work... but it looks... old... (no offense... but I tend to like modern construction and architecture).

- Allan Kuan

Sorry Allan but you have to make your own if you want a different style! Not likely i'm going to start over again!....sorry!

Bud

CabraBuitre

Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on April 02, 2009, 07:01:45 PM

- Allan Kuan

Uh... with all due respect Allan, when was the last time you heard of a city CONSTRUCTING an elevated train?  This is old technology and thus quite authentic! 

Check out Abelfarei!

jmdude1

yeh, i think this looks amazing! definately better than what the game currently has to offer.

i was wondering if you have any pics of the el. rail over road? or has this been achieved yet?

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

wes.janson

Quote from: CabraBuitre on April 02, 2009, 07:40:05 PM
Uh... with all due respect Allan, when was the last time you heard of a city CONSTRUCTING an elevated train?  This is old technology and thus quite authentic! 

Well the Skytrain Line in Vancouver can be technically be considered an elevated rail and there are plans for multiple branch extension

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

Andreas

I'd say the Maxis el-rail works well as a "modern" version, but buddybud's approach is more true to the Chicago "L", which is rather old indeed. :)
Andreas

Lollo

Quote from: buddybud on April 01, 2009, 02:31:04 PM
old track and railing on right ......i can't believe the look now...exactly as i was going for.    Comments?

Well bud... the texture and the rails look so good now that the green support piece is quite blurry compared to them. Do you plan to HD-ize it, too? (And the other props on track, of course)
Anyway... it's freakin awesome!  Well done!

Keep an eye on the Lair!

buddybud

Quote from: Lollo on April 03, 2009, 06:01:27 AM
Well bud... the texture and the rails look so good now that the green support piece is quite blurry compared to them. Do you plan to HD-ize it, too? (And the other props on track, of course)
Anyway... it's freakin awesome!  Well done!

Hi Lollo, no i won't change that for now. Though it could be done it involves multiple renders already to produce one of the props for the structure. It's something i may consider in the future but i think i will work with what i have so far to try and get something out!!!!

As to the style....let me just say these things. First this is an optional component. Second ANY style i chose someone would want something else. Three, if you've read the threads and followed this do you really think that at this point i would just scrap it all, after like 2 years :P

Anyways... :thumbsup:

Bud

tag_one

Quote from: CabraBuitre on April 02, 2009, 07:40:05 PM

5 minutes ago, Dubai is building one...

Anyway I really love your work Buddy and I appreciate all the time and effort you put into it! I would really be upset if you would scrap it now and changed the design. I hardly can't wait till it comes out  :thumbsup: