• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Where can I find Buddybuds Underpass Lots

Started by JoeST, January 06, 2009, 01:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

Underpass link working again. Have to locate the other two files still! :P

They're amazing, where are they where are they where are they?  I WANT THEM!!! NOW!! :'(

</childish behaviour>

Right... Mr Buddybud has a board now, might as well have a thread for his widely aclaimed underpass lots.

[insert pics here]

Now, unfortunately, they were all lost in a hardware crash before he could back them up or release them properly, and all that exists is a beta release somewhere in the wilderness of an ST thread somewhere, that might have been lost in the old hackerrrooney that happened there. Thankfully our good friend MAS71 had made an article about it on his Japanese wiki [here] and the files can be found on the wiki [linky]
Quoteworking link
http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/3/31/2386347//underpass-beta-0_2.zip

Also, he told me here that he would allow the FLUP's team to use the models/props for their project.

If you have any questions/comments, feel free to post them here :)

Joe

Quote from: buddybud on March 31, 2009, 08:49:59 AM
DIRECT LINK TO UNDERPASS BETA LOTS

viaduct beta 0.2 including mml
<a href="http://www.filefactory.com/file/c37226c/n/Legacy_Stone_Viaducts_+_MML.rar">Viaduct 0_2 New Link</a>
underpass beta 0.2 including damn and mml
Underpass 0_2 Working
rural highway wall damn - down for good use ssptool to create your own DAMN lots :P
ok so almost done. I'm adding to the download, the viaducts.

i've been invited to upload these but i want to make sure they are in fine working order. I would appreciate if some people would give them a test drive. I've added a damn and mml for both the viaducts and underpasses. The Viaduct uses some textures and fences from RESIDENTIAL / RURAL WALL SET V1  BY JERONI. Also note all the sets now appear together in the power menu above my highway walls. I plan on adding descriptions and good pngs to the damn menus. Also i think patching up the viaducts with a couple additional models might help. Don't be afraid to point out any silliness cause i'm not really much of a lotter. :P .

Bud....off to work on next little update..

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

dragonshardz

I have those underpass lots...with buddybud's permission I could post them here, or I could send them to him via email.

EDIT: Please do not ask me to send them to you via email, because at the moment the external hard drive I have them stored on is having issues. Also look at next post down!

buddybud

hi dragonshardz

thanx for the offer, they are available at the site linked at the wiki. I suppose i could repackage them and upload them if there is enough interest. I'm not really sure of the procedure for uploading here. I'll have to look into it.

Thanx again...Bud

rooker1

buddybud,
It would be great if all your stuff was all repackaged nicely, if necessary and uploaded to the LEX, here.  This way your work would be protected by a trusted site and never lost again.

I also have these.....

Call me Robin, please.

metasmurf

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

chibytuga

nerdly_dood

I agree, those are some great el-rail supports!

BTW, JoeST's link above simply links to the Wiki's main page so I've dug up the page specifically on Buddybud's underpasses and you can find it here. There is a download link in the table at the top right. I'd like to edit the page to make the download link a direct one, but editing the page is disabled so until I or someone else can edit the page, the download link will send you to a separate download page.

The direct download link is this URL:
http://www.savefile.com/download/78128

That download link sends you "underpass.zip.htm" which turns out to be just a jumble of random ASCII text: The underpasses appear to be seriously damaged on the download page as well. &mmm
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

SimNation

Rooker1,

Anyway you could zip those and upload them off site somewhere? I would love to have those I was looking for those wayyy back when buddybud had his active thread on simtropolis.

buddybud

Rooker is more then welcome to share those.....give me a day and i'll get a link up to them...i want to clean them up a bit in terms of icons and menu placement....I also have a copy of the underpasses i will share.

Thanx again Rooker for sharing those.

Cheers.

SimNation

Sweet! I will wait for when you provide a link then Buddybud so that I have it at its best  ;D

JoeST

the link to the wiki page is now corrected, and the savefile download is correct, just rename it to without the .htm file (dont know why its decided to do that) or open it up in an archive manager.

Joe

buddybud

baah...sorry got caught up in the grv thingy...i'll try to get the stuff done tommorrow....sorry guys...to many things on my plate. :'(

Bud

buddybud

DIRECT LINK TO UNDERPASS BETA LOTS
Underpass 0_2

Ok thats one of them....So i want some info about capacities and costs....i never really used the lots myself.

First off be aware they are found in the subway directory at the top. There are three sets of lots, Level ground underpass, unslope underpass (10m) and path director lots. The first two sets of lots, the underpasses, are pathed for car traffic only. The third set of lots, path directors, are pathed for all traffic and are used to stop traffic from jumping down into your underpass from above....very unrealistic!! I believe shadow assassins hole digging lots has a 10m tool to match.

All they are is transit enabled lots that convert from car to subway and back again. With some extra pathing.

Remember that if you get a hole in the ground simply change to and from underground view to fix. Also remember that you can NOT have this as the only entrance to an area, there must be a direct road route somewhere also that exists or sims won't leave your neighborhood.

So anyone with ideas of what these should cost for plop or upkeep...all that stuff..power etc..give me your ideas...thats about all that needs to be done with these.

Also remember that the original models are lost so they won't be changed one bit in appearance!

And just to show the potential of using the underpass lots with the path director lots heres an old test for pathing using some of the lost and unreleased split highway underpasses.

Bud....off to work on next little update..

Coming shortly....

edit: almost done loting....got a ui working....remember i'm doing this cause these were just loted on top of jeronij walls etc. Just noticed some dumb errors on the icons :P....

buddybud

Glad to report the almost re-released old betas work beautifully with joe's hr viaducts. His is a tiny bit thinner so it fits nearly perfectly.....even the ramp. No diagonals and curves though. But who's complaining.

i toned down the ui above, by the way &Thk/(

Andreas

The 2x arch doesn't really work if there isn't a highway or avenue beneath, but otherwise, it looks very nice. :)
Andreas

JoeST

oh thoes are *Droooool*

aweomse, thanks again :)

Joe

buddybud

Quote from: Andreas on April 03, 2009, 01:17:02 AM
The 2x arch doesn't really work if there isn't a highway or avenue beneath, but otherwise, it looks very nice. :)

ya i would agree. I've always advocated for atleast one blank piece in each plop transit network so you could do things like that if you wanted to. Also remember this bat is like 3 years old!!! It's just by pure luck it works with joes' HR viaducts at all ::) It's to bad i hard modeled in that dirt but then again these weren't meant as a release!

Bud

Edit...here's the optional construction/stone finishing yard mml for the stone viaduct lots that will be included. I'll also offer an optional damn since they take seconds to create. I kinda like using them together myself.

I think i'm done here...just a bit of testing. I've got to find out how people have been packaging and distributing the various menu thingys.

buddybud

viaduct beta 0.2 including mml New Link
Viaduct 0_2
Underpass 0_2 Link Still Works!
rural highway wall damn down for good Use ssptool to make damn lots..its damn easy!
ok so almost done. I'm adding to the download, the viaducts.

i've been invited to upload these but i want to make sure they are in fine working order. I would appreciate if some people would give them a test drive. I've added a damn and mml for both the viaducts and underpasses. The Viaduct uses some textures and fences from RESIDENTIAL / RURAL WALL SET V1  BY JERONI. Also note all the sets now appear together in the power menu above my highway walls. I plan on adding descriptions and good pngs to the damn menus. Also i think patching up the viaducts with a couple additional models might help. Don't be afraid to point out any silliness cause i'm not really much of a lotter. :P .

Bud.

All links updated

SimNation

I tested the underpasses and the viaducts buddybud. The Underpasses work just fine, they are in the electric menu as you put them,icons all there, and its mml works (not sure about dam file since I do not use it. The viaducts work fine as well and there mml works. But one thing about the viaducts...when you select them there is no image of what it looks like before you plop it down. Not sure if this is intentional or a result of the way you made them or something. Other then there being no preview image of what you are about to plop down they work just fine.