• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

ARIP problem

Started by deanva, February 13, 2012, 05:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voltaire

The only real solution is process-of-elimination, also known as debugging. This is detective work; it costs time but will certainly find the problem.

The plan is to test each plugin that causes an issue, separated from all other plugins:

1. Move all your normal plugins out of the SC4 folders. Then put only the AC ARP (plus its dependencies) into plugins.
    Dependencies for AC ARP: AC MEGA Props Vol02, AC MEGA Textures Vol01
    Start the game, make a new blank region, load a city and try to plop the lots. Do not save the city.

2. Next, pull the ARP (and dependencies) out of plugins. Put the SCAG ARIP (and dependencies) into plugins.
    Dependencies for SCAG ARIP: AC MEGA Props Vol02, AC MEGA Textures Vol01, AC MEGA Textures Vol02
    Load the game and test-plop somewhere in your blank region. Do not save the city.

3. Pull the ARIP & dependencies out, and test the SCAG TMIP with its dependencies.
    Dependencies for SCAG TMIP: AC MEGA Props Vol02, AC MEGA Textures Vol01
    Test-plop again in the blank region. Do not save the city.

With these tests, the packs are being tested independently. If one fails, then the problem is found... let me know how it goes  :thumbsup:

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

simcity14djedu

There's no problem when i debugging those files, no crashes, but when i put the plugins back again, it crashes. So what's the problem in this case? Maybe i have too many plugins?

Voltaire

We have not finished debugging yet -- but we have confirmed you have correct working copies of each dependency and lot pack.

The next set of tests will load combinations of 2 packs together.

1. Move all your normal plugins out of the SC4 folders. For this test we load the necessary dependencies and leave them in the plugins the whole time: AC MEGA Props Vol02, AC MEGA Textures Vol01, AC MEGA Textures Vol02.

2. Place AC ARP and SCAG ARIP into your plugins.
    Start the game, make a new blank region, load a city and try to plop all the lots. Do not save the city.

3. Next, pull the ARIP of plugins. Test the AC ARP and SCAG TMIP together.
    Load the game and test-plop somewhere in your blank region. Do not save the city.

4. Pull the ARP out, and test the SCAG ARIP and TMIP together.
    Test-plop again in the blank region. Do not save the city.

With these tests, any conflict between two packs will be found. Let me know how it goes.

Quote from: simcity14djedu on November 24, 2012, 11:30:08 PM
Maybe i have too many plugins?

Perhaps... how large is your (full) plugins folder?

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs