• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Windows 7 and the Terraformer

Started by atomate, September 23, 2015, 10:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atomate

Hallo there,

I wonder about using the Terraformer on a wind 7 computer. http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=731

As mentioned below, a user has been using it already.
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=16639.msg484739#msg484739

The download info states that it is made for Win XP, I have tried to use it in XP but it did not work out correctly. Nonetheless it seems to be possible to get it started in win 7.

The logfile tells this:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4Terraformer.py", line 4, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 78, in load_module
  File "SC4TerraformerApp.pyo", line 3, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 91, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading tools3D.pyd

So, anyone any clues? Your help is much appreciated! atomate

vortext

Seems like a python related error, have you tried this fix yet? It was originally developed for SC4PIM, but the terraformer uses the same file (multiarray.pyd).

I'm running terraformer on win8.1 without problem so I reckon it should work on win7 as well.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

atomate

Thank vortext! That's really nice, this might also help starting the pimx in win 7.

As a matter of fact, I just started the terraformer after placing gdiplus.dll into the ... \system32 folder. It should work now.

Thanks for your concern with this matter! atomate

Teddy

Sorry for bumping such an old topic, but I'm getting the same error, but I don't understand the fix?? Sorry, I'm not up to date on the syntax.

vortext

Download the attachment to this post, unzip it and move multiarray.pyd to the installation folder of the Terraformer. If it asks to overwrite the file say yes.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Teddy

Quote from: vortext on April 23, 2016, 07:02:07 AM
Download the attachment to this post, unzip it and move multiarray.pyd to the installation folder of the Terraformer. If it asks to overwrite the file say yes.

AFTER doing what you said, I get the following error

EDITED TO ADD
I get the same error, over and over and over, no matter what my compatability settings are.

EDITED TO ADD
the multiarray.pyd fix did work for the program it was intended for. Not for terraformer. I downloaded that other program, it would not work, downloaded multiarray.pyd, and it did work. So whatever problem I'm having did not impact that other program.

EDITED TO ADD
there was mention of a dll file. I tried the following:

64 bit version of that file in the (terraformer) install folder
same error

(moved file)

64 bit version in the system32 folder
same error

(deleted file)
(downloaded new file)

32 bit version in the install folder
same error

32 bit version in the system32 folder
same error

(deleted file)

same error.

EDITED TO ADD
I'm downloading python so I can read the files themselves and see if I can figure out what's wrong.

I actually know enough about computers to get a job fixing computers!
sadly
I don't know enough about computers to keep a job fixing computers.

Hopefully that'll give you a better understanding of my abilities and why I don't understand why I'd put some random DLL in some specific folder, but why I'm so willing to download python and go looking for bugs myself.

EDITED TO ADD
Seems I can't. I'd need to decompile them, and while I do grasp what that means, I have no idea how to do so, nor do I really desire to put that much effort into it.

Either way. I have a fun little program (python) to play around with. Hopefully I don't delete my entire hard drive like I did by accident when I was 7.

Teddy

Alright.

This might not work for everyone, but for me, on my 64 bit windows 7, the error:

was fixed by putting file

msvcp71.dll
in the install folder, where I installed terraformer. Even if it's already elsewhere on the computer, putting it in the install folder, for me, fixed everything.