• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bixel's CAM & Normal HK Residential Monsters!!!

Started by bixel, June 18, 2007, 02:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim Shady

omg that is so cool!  Diagonal power  ;D  I think the pool could use a little more improvement though

bixel

Rendering now...its total size is 12x17. However I am thinking of making it an overhang Lot, we shall see after the render is complete what kinda of plans I er.. plan to do with it.  :P

bixel

srry double post. Ok now for some in-game shots

Obviously there is ALOT of empty space there...which is why I am considering making it an overhang lot. ATTENTION!! Since the diag-is not correct with SC4 abilities you cannot draw a road on that angle. So what I am considering is to model all of the Olympia City Mall + Tower. Both the Island Harbourview and Olympia City will be made into props. Both will be overhang LOTs, if LOTTed correctly and modelled correctly, we can plop the Mall (CS$$) or grow it and grow the IH (Island Harbourview). Inorder to make these puppies grow, (and not break up into tiny lots) I have discovered a technique during my LOTting with the Victoria Towers.

So.... IH will be a 3x17 LOT, 3 across 17 deep. The reason for this is - if it is 17x3 you will get 1-9 of 2x3s growing in your beloved space. I will Model the Olympia City, it will be modelled unrealistically to that triangle space, and it will be seemless. The real Olympia city is just a super long mall about 3 tiles wide, this will fill the trangle corner. Leave no inbetween room and carefull lotting will ensure that everything has a Maxis pavement/tile in the space. So no funny green grass, that is typical of other diaglots. Olympia city therefor will be 9x17 or possibly 10x17. We might be able to change these dimensions to lower the crime bug that occurs in large lots.

More shots.

I was having some texture problems..the texture inside (under) the water will be addressed. Also a fine render could be used to get proper reflection..this is just a test render.

Night shot, I quickly realised that the pool needs to be lit up, Public Pools are always lit up for safety reasons. Also...billboard signs not bright enough..will fix.

Corner shot...its looking pretty good. :P

mightygoose

water texture looks pretty tiled but i read your revising that bar that there is nothing wrong at all
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

shinkansen1

Antoine

jeronij

&apls &apls

Great progress ¡¡¡

The only minor thing I'd suggest is to revise the tiled texture you use for the upper floor...sometimes is shows a weird pattern... but nothing really important  ;)

wops... I missed the ingame pictures.... simply spectacular ¡¡¡
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

bixel

Soooo....

this is Olympian City, there is actually two lots there both 7x17, both buildings are props and overhanging.
The white triangle part will be fictional building stuff, since the real one doesnt have that.

I will move Olympian City over 1 tile, then put model a road in the middle. Twrecks or somebody can then TE it, possibly. Obviously the LODs will have to be precise.

jeronij

This is going better and better  :thumbsup:

Looking again to the ingame pictures... is there a way that you could revise the water textures for the pools ?. They look odd sometimes, and it is a pitty, because the rest of the model is a 11/10  ()stsfd() ¡¡¡
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

sobol

Will all buildings be CAM-ready from the STEX/LEX?  Or will some of the older buildings stay stage 8?  and in that case, will they still be usable?? 

I know the new batch of LEX buildings are CAM-E-lots.
I've got nothing.

BarbyW

If you keep the original lots they will grow as they do now with or without CAM. What CAM will do is move some of these to higher stages so you get them growing later in a city's development.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

bixel

Almost done with Bank of China Center!!! Just got to texture it and add roof junk.

:satisfied:

Sim Shady

Swamper77

Quote from: bixel on July 02, 2007, 09:10:46 PM
I will move Olympian City over 1 tile, then put model a road in the middle. Twrecks or somebody can then TE it, possibly. Obviously the LODs will have to be precise.

I've sent you a PM about this ;)

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

sobol

I've got nothing.

ExiLe

that looks too crazily goodly deliciously yummy!

take care,
...coming soon

bixel

SimFox

Sweet!!!
Where this wall will actually fit?? on the real building or on the "fictional" part?

bixel

From here:

having problems exporting Island Harbourview  :(
I keep getting this,