• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

An idea about MOG Heliport

Started by Terring7, March 22, 2010, 08:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terring7

Hello :)

Just an idea. The MOG Helipad comes with a UDI enabled Medical Helicopter, a UDI enabled Police Helicopter and a UDI enabled News Helicopter. But how about a new UDI enabled passenger helicopter, like this?

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

firdausabdullah

This an excellent idea  :thumbsup: There are some really cool helicopters being batted by SC4D member that might do the trick, but they would need some nice skin like this one. Adrian's sikorsky UH-50 could be the likely candidate ;D

joelyboy911

It's a nice idea, but I don't think you can easily add a new UDI-Enabled Helicopter.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Voltaire

Joel is correct. New automata helicopters may be possible... but because of the special nature of Ports in SC4, the existing MOG Helipad could not use it.

The much easier alternative, would be to replace/override an existing automata. This has been proven to work for quite some time... my 707 and DC7 work this way, replacing the entire s3d and its paint job.

Be careful not to confuse automata and BATs. They are entirely different animals, tailored for specific roles within the game. BATed helicopters could not be used as automata without a lot of remodelling.

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs