• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Using the Terraformer on an already built map

Started by TiFlo, August 11, 2010, 12:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TiFlo

I'm currently building up a region using NHP's excellent Portland Metro map as a base. As I've become more acquainted with the game (newcomer here), I've been doing some light terraforming using the in game God mode. However, I intend to grow that region and keep it for a long time, and as such would like to make more heavy landscaping work.

I've been trying my hands at the Terraformer for the past few days, opening a large sea area, popping up islands and pulling mountain ranges from one side of the map to another. So far, for the very few already -lightly- built city squares I've hit in the process, I haven't encountered anything that seem worthy of worrying. At worst, old networks that were buried under the newly raised terrain would still appear with the traffic view turned on, but destroying them and running the map for some weeks would bring everything back to normal.

Can I proceed with the Terraformer to pursue my landscaping, or should I be wary of any misfire than can appear afterwards? My region has less than 50 000 people so far, and most of the already built city squares are rural areas. I am of course very careful when touching those in the Terraformer.

I'll be very grateful for any input.  :)

TiFlo

No taker?  :(

Anyway, I believe I found my answer from SC4BOY over here for those interested. I actually went on with using the Terraformer on my region, and didn't see anything wrong when launching the game. So I guess I'm good to go.