• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Able to log in on the laptop, but not the pc?

Started by Gringamuyloca, July 07, 2011, 10:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gringamuyloca

()what() Not sure why? I am able to log on to SC4 from my bf's laptop, but not from my pc??

I have tried Chrome, Firefox, IE. I have deleted cookies, caches, and temp files.

What else can I try?  %confuso  :'(
Tamara

catty

I'm in the same boat, I can get onto the new SC4D site at work using IE and Firefox, but not at home, at home I just get the old site page and if I try using the IP address I can get to the site but I can't move from the home page as I just go straight back to to the old site again.

I did the same thing as you, but I tried one more and am using Opera to get here, as it doesn't seem to have any problems recognizing and using the new site

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Gringamuyloca

Thanks for the response catty... I've been pulling my hair out...it's nice to know it's not just ME.  ()stsfd()

At least I can access the site now.. I think I was starting to go through withdrawal!

It seems like there is still a 'cache' I haven't emptied... 'cause like you it doesn't seem to matter how I try to log in I can't get away from the 'maintenance mode page'
I think I'll try uninstalling FireFox ..maybe a fresh install will jump over the old stuff! (can you tell I'm real computer literate?!  ??? )

Hope all is well in the southern hemisphere!
(edit) well re installing FF didn't work.. I'm out of ideas..
Tamara

jeronij

Try re-booting your router perhaps ?? Hopefully it helps ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

catty

Have fixed the problem my end, it was my Hosts file

QuoteThe hosts file is a computer file used in an operating system to map hostnames to IP addresses. The hosts file is a plain-text file and is traditionally named hosts.

its located in Win XP in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\... folder on my computer

and for some strange reason it had the SC4D IP addresses in it, after the localhost address (which is meant to be there)

Quote127.0.0.1       localhost
74.52.84.74 sc4devotion.com
74.52.84.74 www.sc4devotion.com

once I deleted these two IP addresses from my Hosts file everything was back to working as it should, Opera has its own file so it doesn't use the windows Host file which is why it was working alright.

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Gringamuyloca

&bis& Kudos Catty!  :thumbsup:  &apls

I am typing this reply from my PC!  ;D

Thank you soooo much, never would have figured that one out on my own!

Again.. you rock!  ()flower()
Tamara

catty

Glad it turned out to be the same problem ... still puzzling as I can't see why I would manually add the SC4D IP addresses to the host file so can only assume its something that we both either ran or loaded in the past that did it.

jdenm8

Quote from: catty on July 09, 2011, 04:08:39 AM

Glad it turned out to be the same problem ... still puzzling as I can't see why I would manually add the SC4D IP addresses to the host file so can only assume its something that we both either ran or loaded in the past that did it.

Remember when SC4D's Domain expired? We got redirected to a landing site and we had to navigate to SC4D by IP, that's why that'd be there.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

catty

Quote from: jdenm8 on September 11, 2011, 11:25:02 PM
Remember when SC4D's Domain expired? We got redirected to a landing site and we had to navigate to SC4D by IP, that's why that'd be there.

Thanks (I can stop wondering) that makes sense   :thumbsup: