• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Discussion Board (PLEASE READ!)

Started by nedalezz, July 27, 2011, 03:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedalezz

Right, so I have decided that for every education level a character achieves, his markup margins go up 3%!

Sound good?

nemanjanv7

Fair enough  ;)
Were it more it would be too easy...
- I take part in The Dunya Project Thumbs up for Nedalezz :)
- Favorite MD: The Winding River Project

Nemanya

nedalezz

Alright, so I've worked out the health insurance plan for everyone! Ive made it pretty simple actually:

$50 a month, or $300 a turn per character, and free for all government employees.

nemanjanv7

I'd like to open up a discussion concerning GDP per capita and how it influences the entire economy in Dunya.

I've acknowledged the recent rise in GDP per capita and it costs me a lot without any significant benefits.
- I think that if GDP/capita rises along with the price I pay per employee, GOVERNMENT employees should also enjoy the some benefits. I don't think a cashier that works at my stall should have that much bigger salary than GT inspector or bank teller. At least some part of GDP/capita rise should be implemented in Gov. Employees'  salaries.

-I hope the Necessity/Luxury ratio in CONSUMER GOODS BASKET turns in favor of luxury goods as GDP/capita rises. That is also the reason I have decide to buy more luxuries than before. I only ordered $30.000 because I am not sure if you see those thing my way. If you do, maybe I should've ordered  35 or 40k worth of LGoods.

-As for the farms... As GDP/capita rises some part of that rise should go to rise in productivity (I guess workers are better motivated and happier because their salaries have risen). If productivity doesn't rise the expenses from the salary rises will soon neutralize all farming income.

I hope you agree with at least some of my thoughts. But I would like to hear opinions of other participants.
Thanks in forward  :thumbsup:     

Nemanya

nedalezz

Its great to see such participation and discussion, and this forum is open to all! Remember, this is an ever evolving game - if we can come up with a better idea of how to do things, then it will be implemented. Simple as that!

1) I completely agree with this point, and I have actually been giving it alot of thought. I was going to open this topic, but you beat me to it! Basically, the starting salary of any government employee will be the average GDP - when their salary doubles next turn thanks to their education level, it will double according to the latest GDP figures, and increases relative to the GDP as it increases. This will be implemented in Turn 14.

2) The formula I have takes into account the GDP raise - in fact, it takes into account alot of things :) Dont worry, I got this one covered!

3) For the farms, I will begin releasing some products that can be bought that will raise productivity. Education Level will raise markup margins by 3%, so instead of 20% it will be 23%. Right now, I have a Tractor that can be bought - I will rework it so that if bought, it will give a boos to productivity. I will release further items that will do the same as the game evolves :)

Cyclone1001

Hey, I just noticed that under the 'real estate' page of the factbook my recent land purchase (2x3) was only 500sq. meters. Now, my 2x2 lot is 400sq. meters, so a 1x1 plot is 100sq. meters. This means that my land should be noted at 600sq. meters, and cost/worth of $6,000 instead of $5,000.

Just giving you a heads up that it was documented smaller than it really is, and you charged me $1,000 less for it.

nedalezz

Yes, you're right!

Already gotten that fixed - thanks for pointing it out!

nemanjanv7

Hi Ned, what's up?
I have a nice idea for you. I though it would be great to have a farmer's market in Rawa'a (I'm sure you have enough farm now). Of course traders should be able to rent a stall from farmers market (4-9 stalls maybe) and gain a small profit boost(because Rawa'ans like to go where they have more choices in one place, and because you can't buy stall or FM so there should be a small compensation).

I think a nice place for it would be on the Madrasa street all the way to the farms. A bit towards inland from the mosque  ;)

Nemanya

nedalezz

Ive been playing around with something along those lines - although I wanted to iron out a few number issues first. Im not quite sure how to work the numbers, but I wanted to do something to benefit the local production and harvests. We'll see where I get and if I think its feasible or not :)

nemanjanv7

If you have any problems with numbers I would be more then happy to help. You can always send PM if you need help.  ;)
Btw, your project has inspired me to try and do something similar one day  :)
Fantastic work so far

Nemanya

nedalezz

Thank you so much :)

Its been a blast so far, and I really hope everyone is having a great time.

As the project grows, things will get more complex - my goal is to keep it as close to realism as possible while not being mundane about it. More stats will be added, more numbers will be taken into consideration, etc...but no boring stuff!

NASCAR_Guy

Just a thought, since most of our base characters are adults who immigrated from other places, shouldn't all of us technically be at a level 4 education?
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

nemanjanv7

That would be way to easy. And besides think of it as a course. The king doesn't recognize foreign certificates. To gain Education level 1 you only go to that course for 4 years  ;) .

Nemanya

nedalezz

Everyone shares the same default settings - Age 22, Education Level: 0 :)

I know that IRL one would probably be educated, etc, but for the sake of this game and the way its set up (and the challenges set up), I thought that default setting would be most fair :)

nedalezz

NASCAR_Guy! Its great to see you back! Your business is losing money :(

I suggest talking to the Bank of Dunya and getting a one time loan to import more quantity of your comics and cards, that way you'd be able to cover your expenses!

nedalezz

Just to remind everyone, all characters with non-government jobs will start getting charged a $300 health coverage fee starting Turn 15! (Government gives free health coverage for its employees)

rjet13

Will government employees be able to use their future influence to get into future government departments/ministries?  For example, I imagine my character working his way into a transportation department/ministry, as his influence increases.

nedalezz

Yes, they will. Im still figuring out the Influence points system, but it wont be long before I implement it. I will take into account the previous turns and add them up as well so that they wouldnt have gone to waste.

nemanjanv7

For government workers influence and for traders reputation. It would be nice if traders had reputation and according to it have better chance for bonuses and better chance to sell all the stuff when the competition strikes harder later in game. Also it could be used as requirement to buy bigger showcases and factories later.  ;)

Nemanya

nemanjanv7

Tractors contribute 3% or 5% to productivity? On forum you keep saying 3%, but you calculated 5% in Adella's Factbook (Not that she minds  :P ).

10.000 sqm * 2 (yield/sqm) * 1.05 (tractor)= 21.000
+
1.600 sqm * 2 = 3.200

21.000 + 3.200 = 24.200 (The exact amount in Adella's inventory)

Nemanya