• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Decision Board (Turn 19 Decisions Needed!)

Started by nedalezz, July 31, 2011, 05:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedalezz

Great! The Bank of Dunya is happy to help investors who are helping the economy of the Dunya grow :)

marsh

How much would building a store on my land cost? Both of my properties actually.

I wish to build 2 stores, 1 would be my own and I would live on the second floor, the other I would rent for someone. Would this be possible?

nedalezz

There certainly is a demand for showrooms, so find a renter will be no problem. The current rent prices for a plot is $5,000 per turn.

However, according to Dunyan Law, a commercial property cannot serve as a residence, so that won't be possible :(

Deionn

Is the land that I have rented zoned commercially?

nedalezz

You can decide whatever you want to zone it - but it cant be more than one. So if its a residential project you got going on, then it can only be used for residential purposes. I guess later in the game when higher buildings start getting developed, we can talk about mixed use lots (which seems to be popular nowadays), but for now, lets just stick with the one zone policy :)

NASCAR_Guy

Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

Deionn

Well at the moment, I would like to zone my larger lot into maybe residential and possibly rent out the land to a developer? (if I can do that.) and I would like to zone my smaller lot into commercial and possibly build a restaurant, that means I would have to collaborate with farmers.

nedalezz

You CAN rent out the land on a long lease to a developer - but for it to be profitable for the developer, it will have to be a LONG lease.

What the developer builds on it returns to you after the lease is over.

However, given the amount of land available and given the town really isnt that big, I doubt that it would realistically interest any developer as of now - although Im sure if it was still undeveloped in the future as the town grows, it definitely will!

A restaurant would be a great idea! Its expenses work a bit differently - you get a 50% markup on the Life Neccessities you buy. Your expenses will be the usual ($300 for utilities per plot per turn, employee for $2,100, and general expenses at $600 per plot per turn.) If you dont sell what you buy in a turn, however, the rest gets thrown out. So if you buy $1,000 of each Life Neccessity, but end up selling only $2,500 of them, the other $500 gets thrown out and is added as expense. However, given that the population has an intake that exceeds whats supplied in the market thus far according to my formula, you dont have to worry about that...yet :)

rjet13

Would it be possible to rent out my land to NPCs?  None of the buildings would be permanent, just temporary stands, etc.

nedalezz

rjet13, I would given that the land is bordered only by one road, it would have to be leased to a single developer. The thing with leased land, as in real life, it has to be worth the developer's investment, and generally the only way to guarantee that is to give it out on a long lease.

Your land, being 2500 sq. meters, would obviously be out of budget for smaller companies. At this point, it could either be developed as a small gated community or a larger showroom. A small gated community would be an investment of between $500,000 to $600,000 - out of budget from the only construction company in Dunya, Salford Construction. As for a larger showroom, that would be an investment of $1,250,000 - again, no NPC is currently rich enough to put in such an investment.

marsh

How much would it cost to build a simple 1 story store on my land? (The plot on EDward-E St.)

That's a question I'm saving for a decision next turn. Also, what's going on with my schooling? I believe I've advanced a few turns? :)

This turn, I'm just buying max amount of product.

nedalezz

Hey marsh!

A simple 1x1 store will cost you $50,000.

Turn Eleven, your schooling wouldve covered 6 out of the 8 required turns, so the Turn Fourteen, your Education Level will be 1!

nemanjanv7

Hey Nedalezz,

I found the name of the street I wanted to open up my store. Posted it with picture in topic "Updates (Turn Ten)". t-intersection: cross str and madrassa str. I hope everything is fine. Just out of curiosity, when are you gonna finish Turn Eleven. Your work is so impressive that I check every hour hopping for new things. 
- I take part in The Dunya Project Thumbs up for Nedalezz :)
- Favorite MD: The Winding River Project

Nemanya

marsh

Is the law, you're not able to have multiple zoning on the same property, or is it the same building. So I guess I'm saying, would it be possible to own a 1x1 store, but keep my house and/or shack on the 1x1 behind it. (Me owning the property means I can actually get to the back.)

nedalezz

nemanjanv7: I am working on Turn 11, if it doesnt happen tonight, definitely by tomorrow :)

marsh: Thats fine - we can get your store up and keep your shack at the back :)

marsh

Okay. So rather than buying the max product this turn, I'm going to build a 1x1 store, and take a loan out to pay for the place.

If possible I would like this as my store. I don't know if it may be too large for the price of a small store though, let me know.

nedalezz

Done!

The basic design would be the one like Garvei's Electronics - something like that would cost about $200,000!

marsh

Okay then. :P

Just to be different from his, maybe this?
I'd like the white one, however I'm not sure if it's 1x1. It looks it from that pic. If it's to much then again, I'll just go with whatever you want.  ::)

nedalezz

Thats a 2x1 :) I actually have those already. Those would go for $100,000 - 200 sq. meters, inventory max of $100,000.

peter007

Hey I'm back again.
So lets settle thing first.
Nedalezz you say that I earned $14000 - (700+1200+600+300+300+2400+600+300) = 7600.
So I can spend $7600. am I right?

If I am. I want to spend it all on my buying in products.