• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

"Library" Zip File Invalid/Corrupt

Started by Lebu Ergne, January 02, 2012, 05:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lebu Ergne

I downloaded SC4 Terraformer from the BSC Lex link and extracted the zip file (SF4TFV11.zip).

I then attempted to extract the "library" file within the SC4TFV11 folder and an error message displays "The Compressed (zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted."  When attempting to run the SC4TF executable without extracting this folder, I receive an error message in the log file that states the following:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4Terraformer.py", line 4, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 78, in load_module
  File "SC4TerraformerApp.pyo", line 3, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 91, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading tools3D.pyd

From reading other posts with similar issues, I understand that this problem may be resolved by installing the "msvcp71.dll" file into the System32 folder, however this file is already installed in that location.

Any help getting this to work would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

System Information:
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4890
CPU: AMD Phenom 9150e (Quad-Core)

This OS is part of a dual-boot option, paired with Vista 64-bit, both OS options on are on different hard drives.

catty

QuoteI then attempted to extract the "library" file within the SC4TFV11 folder and an error message displays "The Compressed (zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted." 

The library.zip file is part of the program and isn't meant to be unzipped, as to the

QuoteI understand that this problem may be resolved by installing the "msvcp71.dll" file into the System32 folder

I have the msvcp71.dll file installed in the SC4TFV11 folder itself ... MSVCP71.DLL  19th March 2003 (488kb in size)

I don't use it very often, but it was working OK just before Christmas and I'm using Win XP Pro (32-bit)

Hope that helps   :)

EDIT: Cathy, this is the sort of thing that sets this site apart- that there are always folks like you who will step up when folks need help with something.  I think that's more than K-point worthy. -de
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Lebu Ergne

Thanks for the reply.

I will install the dll in the SC4TFV11 folder and give this a shot when I get a chance, thanks for the help!

Lebu Ergne

Thanks for the help, catty.

I added the MSVCP71.dll file to the SC4TFV11 application folder and the program now runs smoothly.

catty

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

zzsteven

Thank you Catty!

I'd forgotten the dll needed to go in the folder with Terraformer not System32.

zz