• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Request for translation.

Started by HappyDays, September 01, 2012, 10:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyDays

I found a particularly neat, recently released building by Mozukuss: Sofmap.

(Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMqRCjUUukg&feature=youtu.be)

It has everything: Animations, custom query, custom sound, modern advertisements, uncommon architecture. Just an all around cool building. I want to add this building to my game as a growable, which isn't too hard; send it through PIMX and the job is done.

Except, I want to keep the flavor text, and thus the custom query. Keeping the query is easy, the flavor text is where I need the help :P. I am requesting someone translate this block of text to English:

2007年9月12日の秋葉原ソフマップタウン開店に伴い、秋葉原中心部の中央通り交差点に面する角地に開店。PCやオーディオ・ビジュアル、デジタルカメラ等デジタル家電に加え、同社としては初めてエアコンなどの白物家電を本格的に扱う総合店舗である

This is the main block of text for the query. There's a couple more pieces of Japanese text. The hover query display text:

ソフマップ 秋葉原本館

Probably the text for the Landmark menu:

維持費: #m:EA54D286#
撤去費: #m:099AFACD#
起源:日本、東京ー秋葉原
白物家電やオーディオ機器、PC本体まで幅広く扱う総合家電ショップ。

The last two aren't >that< important to translate, given I'm making a growable, but it'd be nice and surely some other English reader will take advantage of the effort.

Thank you for any help you might be able to offer, (currently) random bilingual person. :)

moonlinght

Like this? &Thk/(
Quote from: HappyDays on September 01, 2012, 10:57:48 PM
2007年9月12日の秋葉原ソフマップタウン開店に伴い、秋葉原中心部の中央通り交差点に面する角地に開店。PCやオーディオ・ビジュアル、デジタルカメラ等デジタル家電に加え、同社としては初めてエアコンなどの白物家電を本格的に扱う総合店舗である
Akihabara Sofmap Town main store has opened at the intersection of the center of Akihabara on September 12, 2007. They has sold audio and PC, digital camera. Additionally they began selling home appliances such as air conditioning.
Note : Akihabara Sofmap Town main store = Name of business plan
This store is one of its business plan.
ソフマップ 秋葉原本館
= Store name
Main Sofmap store  in Akihabara or Sofmap Akihabara-Honten

維持費: #m:EA54D286#
撤去費: #m:099AFACD#
起源:日本、東京ー秋葉原

維持費 : Maintenance costs

撤去費 : Bulldozer cost

起源:日本、東京ー秋葉原 : starting a business in Akihabara, Tokyo Japan.

Sofmap had been selling the PC and peripherals in the past,  but, they are currently a trading company that sells home appliances.
Note : Became famous in PC sales in 15-20 years ago, so the company has grown. In order to further grow as a company, they began to sell home appliances.

HappyDays

Apologies for my delayed gratitude, which you do indeed have! Thank you very much.

It'll take me some tinkering yet to have Sofmap translated. The eccentricities of LTEXTs are yet another thing I get to learn.