• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

HK Ho Man Fung has a bug?

Started by Strategist01, September 09, 2009, 10:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strategist01

Ok, so I was playing SC4 yesterday, and I decided to go back to that city you use use to get the demand going, you know, that one? So I had imported this region from my other computer, and hadn't played the city for a long time, and had installed CAM after building said city. So I decided to experiment with subrb design, I had 12000 R$ demand, so some buildings would appear:

OMG! What's that doing there!

Then, this is how they appear:

Hey, I thought I asked for dirt, not grass! You people are ripping me off!

The end product:

"There you go ma'am, some nice tower blocks."
"Tower blocks? But I asked for flower boxes! Pull those down!"

Anyway,  I assume they could just be bulldozed and they wouldn't appear, but my question is why? Is it due to faulty ID, something in the lot? What's going on here? Last time I checked, towers don't go in suburbs.... $%Grinno$%

Korot

Them growing as boxes isn't the problem, the problem lays with Bixel, or who ever modded them, as he set the growth stage to 1, where it would be more fitting as a stage 7/8 or higher.

Regards,
Korot

BarbyW

Are you sure this is HK Ho Man Fung as the building looks nothing like the one that I have by that name? The version I have is also a 3x2 lot not a 2x1. Please check the name by querying it again and if it does show this name please give us a link to where you downloaded from.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

joelyboy911

I myself have experienced this bug. I beleive there is a patch available, but since the STEX search is down atm, I can't locate it. The other choice is to open it in iLive's Reader and set the growth stage to whatever you think is more appropriate. You are also missing a texture dependency, by the look of it.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Strategist01

Ok, I know I have missing dependancies, but 1gig of cap does not 20 10Mb packs make...

Barby: I'm pretty sure it was the Ho Man Fung, but I'll re-check that. It came in one of the HK tower res. packs, maybe the pencil tower set.

Ok, so I went searching through my old zips (always handy to keep that around) and found that the tower name is actually Kwan Tak Hing.

The stats (from the readme):
Kwan Tak Hing Residence
Occupancy: R$ 763
Pollution:
Air: 8
Water: 8
Garbage: 8
Power Consumed: 20
Water Consumed: 20

LOT SIZE: 2x1
Stage 8
Euro Set only!

And it came off the STEX, although you can't find it on the LEX...

Korot

Quote from: Strategist01 on September 10, 2009, 08:46:42 AM
The stats (from the readme):
Kwan Tak Hing Residence
Occupancy: R$ 763
Pollution:
Air: 8
Water: 8
Garbage: 8
Power Consumed: 20
Water Consumed: 20

LOT SIZE: 2x1
Stage 8
Euro Set only!

A stage 8 with 763 capacity? That stage should be lower. Though the comments indicate that there might be a modding problem and them accidentally being a stage 1 building. I'll check my plugins to see if I've got the building and either confirm of deny the stage problem.

Edit: Description says it is updated to have a proper stage. I also have looked in my plugins and yes, I have that file, the desc, model and lot files, though I don't remember having this one seen growing. Anyway, my version says that it has a capacity of 270. Kwan Tak Hing is still a stage 1 in my version though, but I guess mine is outdated, though for some reason the LotConfigRoad property does have a value of 8, while I'm pretty sure that value is invalid.

Regards,
Korot

Strategist01

Ok, thanks for that korot. I'll have to download iLive's Reader, and then try and make the changes. where do I look for the correct line, and what do you think the correct stage is? I have CAM, so...

Korot

Well, lets firstly figure out the proper capacity... As to growth stage, I think that 5 should do, but I'm not quite sure, I suggest we all wait untill bixel comes by, as it is his lot after all.

Regards,
Korot

BarbyW

Strategist01: you would be better asking about this at Simtropolis. The copy I have shows a growth stage of 1 and is set to grow in all densities as well as having a Maxis family property referenced. The Readme in the pack states that errors like this have been corrected but they obviously haven't. bixel needs to edit this file to correct this problem.
If you are using CAM I strongly suggest that you do not keep any hi rise lots form the STEX unless they are optimised for CAM. There are a number of bixel's buildings and lots available for CAM on the LEX. At some stage we may have chance to look at this set but it wont be immediately.

BarbyW

I had a quick look at this building and lot. It has another problem in that it has been made with a dummy building and a prop. There is no need for this as it fits comfortably on a 2x1 lot. In the X_Tool I made a R$ building from the model and a growable lot. It is a CAMelot as it should be stage 11. I will see if I can find time to correct the rest of the buildings in that pack that have not already been collected into MEGA Packs.

Strategist01

Ok, I have asked around a bit at Simtropolis, but I thought it would be better to ask here, as this is the HK team place....I didn't get much info on what was going on, but I haven't checked that thread for awhile...

bixel

I've tried to fix this a couple of times, but I think the best solution is to completely recreate a brand new LOT for it and set it to stage 7, additionally use the PM and create a new desc. file that is not a prop like BarbyW says, I made it a prop cause I was having difficulty getting it to fit on the lot but you can use iLive reader to change the size of how SC4 is going to read the model, simply change the x y size to something slightly smaller. I haven't updated this one individually yet simply because I havent play sc4 in ages.