• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cockatoo's HK Development Thread

Started by Cockatoo-210893, August 22, 2008, 06:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squidi

wow cockatoo!
iam always so in love with your roof constructions

papab2000

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

iamgoingtoeatyou

They look great! The landmarks missing from Hong Kong ;D

Cockatoo-210893

Hey, just asking around... Dose anybody know where to find some decent floor plans / side elevations for the Standard Charted Bank Building in Hong Kong (directly adjacent to the HSBC tower). I want to start modeling it, but I need a good idea of the size / shape of it before I can get started.

Cockatoo-210893

Incase you don't follow my thread at ST, I'm learning to BAT in Max.
Here's some of the stuff I've been up to in the past few months - Yongfu House (not a re-creation of any particular RL tower, however based on one in Wan Chai) will be released to the LEX soon. Other projects include the AIG Tower Revisited and the above Standard Charted Bank Building.

JoeST

.....oohhh stopit stopit stopit, your making me droool ....
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Pat

OMDG Cockatoo that is simply amazing!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

SimNation

If you are just learning to bat in 3dmax...might I ask what program you were using before? I always thought you were using 3dmax. BTW the AIG building looks good, that other building looks great and the trees look fantastic, you should make a tree pack if your work with tree's is that life like.

kimcar

&apls &apls Wow this is just stunning. Always great quality of work you do.  :thumbsup:

Cockatoo-210893

SimNation, I was using Gmax up until a few months ago (it's a really old striped down free version of 3ds Max with few capabilities – and it's also the default program for the BAT). Those trees on the lot are just props (made by simfox) but the ones on the model are mine. I'm not nearly that good yet!

mike3775

Holy crap.  For a beginner, you sure are great at it.  Those buildings are simply awesome.

Cockatoo-210893

About time for an update here I think...

Aurora Plaza in Shanghai, completely done:

Une_ame

I come here after seeing your last tower on the STEX.

This tower must be one the 3/4 bests towers I've seen for SC4 in terms of attractivity : the golden cladding, the way you build the reflects on it and (of course) the night lights are very very good :o.
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Girafe

So nice Cockatoo   &apls &apls &apls

Amazing work 

you let me dream  ::)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Earth quake

zakuten

So I may be a bit dumb here, but I have a problem seeing the nightlighting on the tower; but I do for pretty much everything else, and I'm pretty sure I have that ancient patch. What else might I need to do to get it working? (Also, it's not just the screen, but any lighting at all. Even on the landmark version)
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

xxdita

Doublecheck that you have the Update for BAT, which allows nightlighting. This is available from the EA Support button at the top of each screen here.

manchou

My BATs or here but it is in french ;)

zakuten

Yep, doublechecked... It seems to be hit and miss, as about 1/4th the time the bat'd ones will light up, albeit delayedly... I just wasn't patient enough, it took about 3 minutes of F6 night before it lit. I'll just have to go dig up the discs and do a reinstall, I think...
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)